X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former addicts find new fixation on triathalons

Former drug addicts find new fixation on triathlons - CNN.com

I really like this article!
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Hi All
    This is a great article and many here have found the road to recovery through using the tool of physical fitness. I have to say the reason for my success this time trying to get al out of my life has been physical fitness and MWO.I got back into training for tennis[ my old passion] and it went hand in hand physically and mentally.Tennis became my triathlon.
    My heart D in wine great info I hope even people who don't see themselves as athletes try any sort of physical outlet to help them in recovery. Walk run bike find something physical you enjoy and as they say JUST DO IT. I don't want to hear that you are embarrassed at how you might look. Yea we all used to look just great all drunk. I don't have time to workout. Bet you never said you didn't have time to go drinking. Please give it a try it fills up the time if nothing else in a positive way that we spent drinking.

Stay Healthy and Keep Drinking
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

This is so true. Physical activity changes something within us.
      I started running again this year, on monday I ran a 10 race. What a sense of achievement.
      I can honestly say that exercise is a key to success in my case.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I know a former MWO member who teamed up with Racing for Recovery and found tremendous success, wound up running in a 26-mile marathon and from the last I heard has maintained over two years of sobriety and gives much credit to the same philosophy of not being able to tolerate just sitting in support groups, although they did some of that as well.

I know for me personally, I have much better success with staying away from alcohol if I have had a great work-out during the day. I think exercise is truly a huge part for many people in finding success.
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Physical activity is the only thing that keeps me sane and AF. I'm either walking or on my bike. Just started yesterday with the barbells for the flab under the arms and some ab work for my belly. Feels great----doing something productive.
          Starting over again
          ray:

Comment

Working...
          X