Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, August 27th

Good Sunday Morning Absville!

And I hope it?s a great morning for you! I hope you had a restful sleep and peaceful dreams. And if you didn?t, try to remember that the path to good things is rarely easy or even! I love my dreams?even the difficult ones, because dreams are the windows into our hearts and souls. We can always learn about ourselves from them. I?ve had some great ones lately, not always easy, mind you, but only my shrink knows the details for sure! :H

I know that we have several people who are really adding up their abstinent days here! I applaud all of you! Many of us have a few weeks and some just a few days! I don?t really dare to count my abs days now, because I have learned that, for me, counting is the kiss of death!!! I think, for me, pride cometh before the fall!!! I know it?s been a few weeks for me now, but that?s as close as I?m coming to counting!!! For all of you abbers who know your days, exactly, I congratulate you!!! At any rate, each abs day is a celebration, and something to be proud of.

I?m heavily into sewing now, and that is great! I have this great feeling that we might finish sewing early!! I will enjoy my Sunday with sewing, watching some football, and periodically checking in here on MWO to see what?s up! What I won?t be doing is drinking!

I have been having a good time with my Magic Bullet blender. I am actually becoming competent at making smoothies. What a great and delicious meal replacement!!! It's been fun! At some point, I might enjoy experimenting with some lo-cal AF margaritas or other frozen kinds of drinks!!! Yum!!

Have a blessed Sunday, all!

Your Honorable,

Young At Heart

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Sunday, August 27th

Morin Abbers,

Was a good day in Abville yesterday.

I saw the sun come up and blast through the clouds around 6:30 am as I drove toward Auburn Alabama. It was an orange ball of fire! I asked Him , "how do you do that"? He said "great is my faithfulness"..... Morning by morning.......new mercies I see........

Bridemaid's brunch was wonderful......small farm house turned gift shop and restaurant...neat.......

I have a precious daughter-in-love to be. Her family is sweet also and did a wonderful job bringing this young lady up correctly. Win-win sistuation for my son!

Then , this evening, I got to see my grandson kick off his football season and share dinner with him.........
    It doesn't get any better than this.......friends...... all af.......thank God!

Hope all are as well......

Nancy & Belle:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Well good morning ladies, all others who come here today. It's been a great time and I'll be hitting the road shortly for the drive back with two animals. I don't use my AC in my car and it's still kind of stick and hot around here so I don't want them getting too worn out in the 200+ mile drive!

Take care and I'll check in on my return. I do hope that my cleanse kit gets to me before September 1, although I have some remnants of stuff that I've been using from other smaller kits for cleansing.:l

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Hey...help!!!

To you all, an i am feeling so much better today,,,even after being slated yet again for trying to find Gabbby. I love and respect all of you ladies to bits and would value your honest opinion...was i wrong to post trying to find Gabby??? i think it was on gen discuss. i have allready appologised to the unregistered people that i somehow offended yesterday... but yet again i am being told off for simply putting on a post to find Gabby...please help me out here ladies an be honest..i wont be offended..but what exactly have i done wrong and how have i possibly offended someone??? i have seen thst macks was there straight away to support me (thank you babes) but i really do fail to see what im doing wrong?? its making me rather upset now an i feel like i wanna drink....is it me??? Am i doing something wrong? please tell me if i am cause ill leave.. i dont wanna disrupt anyone elses progress
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Hey Lou,

I hope you don't drink!!! I know you've been stressed. Check out your private mail. I have sent you two e-mails. I've also responded to your post to Mack. I hope that this helps you to sort things out.

Be back later to check back in.

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Happy Sunday Morning Abbers,
            I had the mother of all lie-ins this morning, thats the great thing about Sundays though.
            Nancy i loved the way you discribed that sunrise,there is nothing better when i go night fishing than watching a spectacular sunrise and a the mist rolling in off the lake...It takes your breath away...Glad you had a good weekend CV and look forward to hearing from you tonight...Glad your feeling better today Lou,and hopefully the events of the last few days on here are all behind us now.
            Kathy excellent job this morning...Your honour..I recently got a smoothy maker too...But all i put in mine is ice and juice after football on a Monday night...Your gonna have to give me a few tips on good smoothies...What football team do you watch by the way?
            Anyway i hope all Abber Dabbers have a really relaxing Sunday, Me and the Missus are taking the kids up Hoad hill today ...You get brilliant views and it knackers the kids out and they go to sleep early...And thats always good...
            Be back on tonight.......Love Macks
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Well hello peeps,
              Its good to be back. Sorry I havent posted....I think its been about 4 days or so. The last few days at dads were hard. Just hated to leave. I think I have cried a river. I love him so much and wish we lived closer. To many months go by in between visits. I hate to sound meloncoly, but I fear the day that....well you know. Geeze, it chokes me up just barely thinkin about typin it. When I came back home two people that I know were in the obituaries. A 54 yr old cop that had an auto accident on a call, and a 17 yr old girl in an auto accident in a neighboring state. Dont know the details there. The kids know her tho. Nice way to start the school year off. sheese. Life just way to short. Who really knows the meaning of makin each day count. Sure we can sometimes say we do. But do we really? So easy to get caught up in the daily stuff....and the next thing ya know....10 years have gone by. And then anther 10. On and on, people you know and love keep on dieing. Oh my gosh. It sure better make ya think. For me....I sure know I need to work on my walk with the Lord. We talk about our slips with alcohol....what about that walk with Jesus? That walk up the pearly gates is comin in a blink for all of us. And I shouldnt go speakin for us all like that. Freedom of religion is a must. But it sure is something to think about. I have been away from church for a while and I need to change that. Being on my 82 days here we all talk about the layers that we are peeling off and the feelings that come about. Well for me....thats one of them. How easy it is to forget how the Lord Jesus is just right there for you with his hand open and all ya have to do is grab on. Being alcohol free and more clear minded I am remembering that. Golly oh gee....duh....I feel so stupid. Why did I forget? I suppose those daily beers had a bit to do with it. Well glad I am workin on that and I can hear Jesus talkin to me again.
              Well, I would love to hear myself some more cuz it feels good. Unfortunally I gotta go to work, but wish it was church instead. Need to work on that schedule of mine. And my heart too. ya know....I wanna ask a favor. Could we all pray to who ever your GOD is, for me and my family. We are struggleing right now. And for here at MWO....could we try to come together like it used to feel and stop this bickering stuff and just let each of us be who we are even if we dont like them. Maybe just pray instead that that person finds there own way what ever it is. It doesnt have to me our pick but there pick through GOD. My goodness....dont we all have enough to work on our own self? After the hard trip back I so looked forward to coming back here and it saddend me to see the tension when I signed on. I gotta go now and no time to proof read.Thanks for listening, gabby. and ps....Lou....dont drink.
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Alrighty then, I'm back safe and it sounds like everyone is going well. They had the HOV lanes closed, so of course, it was like...hmmm, should I stop for lunch and have a glass to calm down with the traffic, but I didn't!! Just kept driving and got all of the animals back safely.:l

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

A Happy Man.

Hiya All Again,
                  Not long back from our trip up Hoad Hill, we had a brilliant time...It was pouring down when we got there but we decided what the hell...Its only water.
                  You get a brilliant view at the top right across the Lake District country side...We are originally from Manchester so we appreciate the scenery...
                  On the way back down with all the rain as you can imagine it was a bit slippy, and we all fell more than once which the Kids found hilarious..
                  Saw an impressive lightening storm aswell.
                  Got back home about an hour ago like drown rats,but the kids are all dry now in their pyjamas eating toast and drinking tea...
                  I am a Happy Man.

Oh great to have you back Gabby...Missed ya.

Take care all........Love Mackeral xxx
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Checking In

It's good to see you back, Gabby, your good nature has been missed! I must confess that I've been a little bit worried--not about your abs, but hoping that you've been okay!

CV, I'm glad that you arrived safely back in DC. I didn't know that you were so close. Having the HOV lanes closed must have been terrible on a Sunday! Yikes!!! Good for you to pass on the restaurant and the drink!

Macks, I'm just imagining you slip-sliding away down the hill with your kids!! It's great that you can bring out the child inside of you when it's the right time. I'll bet the kids love that about you, and you're right, it is just water.

Nancy, I'm glad you have had such a lovely time at all your events. Sounds like your faith does so much to sustain you. Blessings for you!

Hope you made it without drinking, Lou!

Anyway, back to the salt mines for me! I just needed to come up for air for a bit!

Hugs,

Kathy:l

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

Thanks Mac and Kathy. Good to be back. I think.... gabby
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday, August 27th

LOL, Gabby, I hear you!!!

It's been a tough week here in Absville, for sure. I hope that next week will bring us better and more peaceful times. My first day as Mayor sure has been busy!!!:H
                        I hope that tomorrow brings back some of the other folks from Absville and that everyone else has had a pleasant and productive weekend!!

Hugs to all!

Comment

Working...
                        X