couch 2 5K...anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couch 2 5K...anyone?

I used to run and race, even did so while I was drinking but I am too old for that now. It's one or the other. Has anyone tried this program "Couch 2 5K"? If not, anyone want to try it with me? I am 9 days AF today
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

couch 2 5K...anyone?

Colbe, you're so funny. What is this?

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

here is the link

I should have posted this at first...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...tml#post628378

Come on, you joining me?!
      Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

Colbe - I did this recently, but on a treadmill, am just about to start running outside, I want to do a 10k in August.

There are various podcasts which are great to help with timing and pace, if you want I can find the links.

Why not hop into the June Abbercizers thread?

Bets

x
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

Sweaty Betty;628459 wrote: Colbe - I did this recently, but on a treadmill, am just about to start running outside, I want to do a 10k in August.

There are various podcasts which are great to help with timing and pace, if you want I can find the links.

Why not hop into the June Abbercizers thread?

Bets

x
          Thanks Sweaty! I will when I get back from my run. I just went to good will and spent 10$ on BRAND NEW running bra and shirt...got some shorts and a pair of sneaks that will do for now (Hilfiger). 10 bucks! How cool. I am still dying from the other day, but what the hell...pain is good!

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

Hi Colbe, I started with a couch to 5k in January this year, I just ran a 10k last monday.
            It was brill!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

startingover;628771 wrote: Hi Colbe, I started with a couch to 5k in January this year, I just ran a 10k last monday.
              It was brill!
              Cool deal! I just ran down the road (1 mile and walked 1.5) and I think I am going to die. Man, I am outta shape! I can't wait to race again!!

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

Try taking it a little slower, I started walking 2 mins, running 2 mins and built it up from there.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

startingover;628973 wrote: Try taking it a little slower, I started walking 2 mins, running 2 mins and built it up from there.
                  Slower...I know, I know. Well, I will be slow tomorrow...in fact I will be lucky to be able to get out of bed! I miss the pain.

Comment

couch 2 5K...anyone?

hey Colbe, I'd be really itnerested in doing this with you! I used to race for my school a couple of years ago, but getting out of bed and running in the morning never seems as desireable after a heavy night! I'm modding presently, but would be really happy to join in on the programme, have been lookign for an excuse to get back into running for a long time.
                    When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

Working...
                    X