anyone try nootropic drugs/supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyonoe tried nootropic prescription drugs to counteract the dopey/mental confusion/memory loss side-effects Topamax? As far as supplements go, Acetyl L-Carnitine is supposed to improve blood supply to the brain and cognition. It also helps if you are on a low-carb diet to convert fat into energy your brain can use and literally can take away headaches related to low blood sugar--at least in my case.

But I understand there are stronger drugs too, in "My Way Out"

What nootropic did Roberta Jewell try?

Why does she say only take the nootropic drugs for a short time when Topamax can be debilitating for as long as you take it?
    ws

Hi! the drug she mentions is Olmifon(-adrafinil)-I have used it quite independently of this programme, when I need to get a lot of things done and when I need to concentrate-I think it's great-it was originally developed to keep narcoleptics awake!I didn't have any side effects, I'm not going to take Topomax, way too many side effects for me,so I have no idea how they would work together, but I don't see any problem with experimenting! Good Luck

Comment

Watersprite,

I'm not using Topa but I have been taking Acetyl L-Carnitine to keep my brain better energized. In my case, the "brain fog" is due to overwork. For instance, it is now 3:30 a.m. and I am up working on something that I need to get to a publisher . . . UGH!

Eustacia

Comment

Adrafinil

Hi,

I would like to get some Adrafinil but I can't find any supplier in the UK. I presumed it was a non prescriptive item. Can anyone help me? I thought you could just buy it over the counter in France.

Comment

Hi I am in the UK, bought adrafninil on line, can't remember the website - lots out there but only some ship to the uk.

Found it was terrific. Counteracted the brain fog 95%. I stopped adrafinil when I got up to and stabilised 150mg topa which is the right dose for me.

no need to take adrafnil long term as the topa brain fog wears off.

NB : adrafinil can have big appetite suppresant effects (I lost 20lbs, but then am also going thru divorce which also has big appetite suppresent effects!!) so not to be recommended if you are on the skinny side. Other than that it had no side effects on me except maybe a bit of a "buzz" (which I liked, naughty me.) Thought it was great stuff.

good luck, K x

Comment

Adrafinil

Lucky you (not the divorce I mean!) but having been able to buy it. I'll keep trying. If you do remember where you purchased it from, I'd be grateful if you would let me know.Cheers.

Comment

I just checked out some French sites and it is a prescription only drug here (In France). In a forum someone had tried without a prescription with no joy.

Here is a UK place, its the only one I've found so far

http://www.qhi.co.uk/ky.asp?i=Adrafinil
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

I just found another Smart drugs / Nootropics from Nubrain.com - ADRAFINIL
                Suz
                Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

yeah that's where I got mine - nubrain

Rip

Comment

Nootropics

I have just faxed off my order to QHI so here's hoping.... I'll also look at that other site as well.

Comment

I just read your question about where to get adrfinil. Go to INTERNATIONAL ANTI-AGING SYSTEMS. YOu can buy it online I just did.

Comment

Hi,

I also got mine from Nubrain.com - it's called Olmifon but the drug is adrafinil. Before taking it I couldn't take more than 50Mg of Topa, now I'm up to 125mg and don't have any brain fog at all.

xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X