Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, August 28

Good Monday Morning Abbers!!

I hope that today brings respite for those who have felt upset at the goings on over the weekend at MWO. I know that I have felt wearied a bit and very concerned for Absville and for MWO altogether. I am concerned when healthy dissent becomes overt conflict and then becomes downright mean.

At any rate, I'm feeling okay otherwise. Feeling pretty good about drinking--it's getting easier, which is nice. I even went out today and bought a combination expresso maker/coffee maker so that I now CAN HAVE those decaf cappucinos in the evening. Tomorrow I'll go out and buy some good expresso beans! Yummmmm!

Otherwise, not much new here. Been sewing and watching the news. Poor people on the Comair flight!! I guess our problems aren't so big after all, are they???

Your illustrious (and sometimes silly) leader,

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Monday, August 28

Good morning All,
    Absville seams to be getting back to normal latley which is good, and hopefully we should get our attendance back aswell.
    Like Kathy not much has happened since last night, although my wife made a comment yesterday that she has noticed that my cravings are getting better,and i had to agree...I dont think drink even crossed my mind last night for the first time in a long time.
    Its daft...One day i can be fine....The next an absolute lunatic.
    I think for myself keeping as busy as possible is the key.
    Will be back on tonight after footie
    Have a great day All..............Mackeral
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday, August 28

Whew, well hello all
      Now I think good to be back. I feel bac for RJ. She has a hard job. I think I'll keep sellin candles and soap.
      Hi Kath, Mac and new neighbor Jenn. Man do I have a ton of catchin up to do. The kids are startin school this week. Yeah!! So maybe we can get a routien goin. While I was gone....need I say what kind of shape the house was in when I came home?? Oh my goodness. And one of my kitties....well the male that doesnt like one of the females likes to scare her. I keep them separated and since I was gone they werent watched as well. Well to make a long story short the boy kittie gives the girl kitty mean looks (darn men) and then pretends to attack the girl kitty and she gets scared and pee's her pants. Good thing there isnt kitty alcohol. uughh. well, no one cleaned it. double uughh. so I have that to deal with. At least it is only in one room. I got a black light and its amazing how it shows right where it is. Pretty good trick. Anyway I havent had a pee problem up to this point so I am kinda miffed. (new tennessee word) And I gotta deal with it before it turnes into more of a problem.
      Mac I'm glad to see your fightin the cravings. And Kath, you'll be a grand mayer, I just know it. You should stay on longer than a week. Help get the town back on track. We were doin so well and poof...just went to pot. So I think you should stay on till we are fixed....what do ya say? Well...goin now. Hello to everyone that posts after this and I'll check in later. gabby
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday, August 28

Good morning all. Happy absville! It's too bad Dr. Seuss isn't around to create a little ditty about the village..but, we're pretty good at that ourselves.

I don't have my cleanse kit yet, but I want to keep my resolutions with the AF going and get back to the diet basics before I "officially" start the cleanse. It's all new age type of stuff, but has excellent results, it's just very schedule demanding and that can be an issue when meetings pop up or run long, so I'll be carrying my herb and shake kit with me so that I can stay on schedule.

The food that you can eat is basically raw and I have some recipes, so it will be okay...just really cleansing...lol!

Comment

Monday, August 28

Monday 28th August

Hi All

Been away for a couple of weeks, was doing great beginning of the month, but for some reason lost the plot, and gave in. Decided to come back and start again today for a months abstinence. Although I have not posted, (because I felt such an idiot about caving in to the demon white wine), I have been reading all your posts, and it has given me encouragement to start again. Like they say, just have to pick myself up, dust myself down and start all over again.

Mary

Comment

Monday, August 28

Mary, I know how you feel. I had a successful moderation journey, but felt much better abs and want to really clean my body out, so I'm back on the Abs trail...Welcome, we can all do it together.

Comment

Monday, August 28

Hi Guys,
              Glad to see everything is beginning to settle down. Mary welcome again! CV I went on a raw diet a few years back, lost lots of weight and felt really great! Gabby so glad you are back but glad you had a good time with your Dad. Mac you are so right about the moods, I thought it was a woman thing! And Kathy you are never a silly leader!
              Wish me luck today (its Tuesday here by the way) as the afternoon I have a session with an addictions councellor (Spell?) who happens to be my doc's cheese & kisses! I don't know what she will be like. I really hope she is an open type of person. I am really nervous as I feel like I am advertising all this to the world. Isn't it funny..................I can tell you guys anything but sitting with another person who might not have even experienced addiction scares the sh1t out of me.
              Shas
              Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Monday, August 28

About time I replied

Hey good friends,

So happy to check in again regular-like I'm so happy to be back home and actually in a routine. I'm back at school now and fairly excited to do instruction again. We have lots of autistic kids this year . I wish I knew where this dread disorder is coming from. These poor children need so much more than we know.

My Canada trip was WONDERFUL. Alcohol was VERY expensive so not a whole lot of drinking. I am dissapointed though as I drank more than I'd hoped. Was hoping none, but drank anyway.
                My downfall will always be my partner in crime: my husband. He will often hand me open beers, coolers, or other drinks. I have no problem accepting the offers of course. Don't know HOW I'm going to stay sober while with him.

Going to start AA soon again. My only longterm sober success was with them, and I miss the fellowship. I have a friend fresh out of rehab who needs support also. MWO can only enhance the results .

Love,
                Lori

Comment

Monday, August 28

Boy it's nice to see many of you back in town today! Welcome home from your adventures, whether they involved drinking or not . There's always room here in Absville when you sincerely want to try!

Hope you enjoyed your football, Mack, and I'm glad the cravings are getting better. It's weird how they can sneak up on you, isn't it, or just bang up upside of the head sometimes out of nowhere??

Sorry about your kitty troubles, Gabbs! Yikes! I never knew about the blacklight trick though, that is really interesting!

When you get your kit, CV, let us know how is goes with your cleansing. I've never done anything like that before, and I'm curious about it!

Glad you're back, Mary! Good luck as you try again--we're all here for you!

I'm thinking about you, Shas, and hoping your appointment goes well. You'll have to tell us all about it!!!

Good to see you again, Lori. Maybe you should start a thread for women whose spouses drink. We have quite a few here, I think--not just in Absville, but on MWO. I'm glad that you are going to AA, since that has helped in the past.

Anyway, I've had a good day at work and sewing, so it's nighty night for me! Love to all in our town!

Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X