life sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life sucks

The ol saying, "life sucks, then you die" is really hitting home today. Couldn't do payroll today because the bank website was down, got an e-mail from attorney that hubs attorney is "unfamiliar with the case" which means even more than the 2.5 year delay in the case....btw, we are still living in the same house.....got into a spat with my best friend, sitting here with one leg missing off my reading glasses (as if needing reading glasses isnt enough of an insult) AND......turned on the scale on my work computer to weigh some postage to go out today and my entire desk top computer went black......3 hours ago and still not working. AAAANNNNDDDD on the 5th consecutive day of gray sky.....cant get better than this.:upset::upset::upset::upset:
    Finally Free

life sucks

Beautiful, sorry about your day. You didnt list drinking so i am assuming that you didnt break down and drink

Comment

life sucks

Hang in there beautifulred. Drinking won't fix any of the issues of today - would only make everything worse. Keep reading and posting. When I'm feeling stressed out these days I find the serenity prayer helps (even though I'm usually not sure who exactly I'm praying it to!!)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The courage to change the things I can,
      And the wisdom to know the difference.

The wisdom is the part I usually have the most trouble with.

Sending you strong vibes..

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

life sucks

Hey Red,
        Sounds like your having a bummer of a day but the grey skies will clear and things won't seem so bad later on (Sounds like bad lyrics from a 1950's musical)

Comment

life sucks

Hey Reddy, chin up girlie, today will pass and so will all the crap....
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

life sucks

Thanks guys BUT dont you think 2 1/2 years is long enough to wait for the crap to pass....just really thinking that numbing would help alot right now. I mean, really, how much shite is one supposed to put up with and the alternative is to spend more money....that I will not have later....to try to speed this up. YIKES......in the words of oney.....(she has too many good ones for me to remember).....so I will just say...........this bites!
            Finally Free

Comment

life sucks

Is it hubs that is stalling?
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

life sucks

I think so starts, but at this point, I trust no one....it could be his attorney trying to get more $ our of him or hell.....it could be Santa Claus for all I know. I just know this situation is becoming WAK and I need it to end.
                Finally Free

Comment

life sucks

beautifulred;634069 wrote: Thanks guys BUT dont you think 2 1/2 years is long enough to wait for the crap to pass....just really thinking that numbing would help alot right now. I mean, really, how much shite is one supposed to put up with and the alternative is to spend more money....that I will not have later....to try to speed this up. YIKES......in the words of oney.....(she has too many good ones for me to remember).....so I will just say...........this bites!
                  I feel for you Red.
                  I was lucky in that mine was settled quickly and amicably.
                  It must be really difficult.

Comment

life sucks

Can I have ONE TINY SMILE ???sorry about your CRAPPIE DAY !!!
                    inkele:inkele:inkele:inkele:When LIFE hands you LEMONS.....Dance with "Pink Elephants" !!!.......LOL
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

life sucks

Beautiful......it could be alot worse. You could have NO eyes, computer could have BLOWN up not just went black, 2 1/2 years is a long time, but I am thinking you were married much longer to the miserable ass, so hang in there. He could have shot you. See...it could be a lot worse. AND the drink won't help any of this...all this will still be there and you will feel like crap. I sure wouldn't wanna deal with all this junk with a hangover. Might push me right over the edge. Instead, why don't you get off work and go get yourself a pedicure or massage or something nice for yourself? Relaxing and no hangover involved.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

life sucks

Evie, you angel....only one side of my smile will lift...........damn, stroke?.....not funny but at this point nothing is funny. Just keep me on your prayer lift hon.....dancing with the damn valentines bull right now
                        Finally Free

Comment

life sucks

brit....so true....I think alot about what Rusty is going thru.
                          Massage is out of the question as live in a small town in the sticks, would have to go to the local pub and let one of the regulars go for it......your right...could be alot worse. I shall stop feeling sorry for myself!
                          Finally Free

Comment

life sucks

OH no...don't do that...LOL I have been trying to do this in my own life. When I am having a bad day..like you are today and all the litttle things keep stacking up, so all the little finally like one real big thing. Try and imagine each little thing being one big thing. It kinda puts them in perspective then. They don't seem so BIG then. I don't know, seems to be working for me. Not always, I mean some days just SUCK! But, you can try it. Cyber hugs to you. Vent any time. Much better to come here than the pub!!!!!!
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

life sucks

beautifulred...what a crummy day!! The only thing that comes to mind is what my Mom, sisters and I did during the days leading up to my sister Sarah's wedding last weekend. The wedding was at my parents' house and there were like a trillion people staying there...including my sister's to be in laws who are from Russia and don't speak much English. Well, needless to say, everyone was feeling a bit stressed out as the wedding day got closer. I had read in a magazine about how this yoga breathing technique has been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure and stress. It's one notril breathing. Close your right nostril and take deep belly breaths (expand your belly instead of your chest) then alternate and close your left nostril. So every time I saw my Mom freaking out I'd press my finger to one nostril and take a deep breath to signal to her she needs to take a breather...let me tell you, this looks pretty darn funny from across the room. People thought we were signalling to go snort something : ) Anyway...the deep breathing really does help. In fact, studies show that in people who claim smoking helps them relax, it isn't the nicotine...it's the deep breathing as they inhale the smoke! Anyway...thought I'd give you a funny picture...a bunch of Russians overtaking the house and me and my Mom just "snorting" away! I hope things start looking up soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X