X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, August 28th

Good Morning all you wonderful mods,

--------------------------------
    Don't let the dazzling heights you aspire to, scare you from getting started.

After all, few could climb Mt. Everest tomorrow, though virtually all could begin preparing.

Gopal!?
    The Universe
    ------------------------------------

Pretty slammed here, still catching up over last couple weeks of absences and deadlines. Have an appointment with CPA in a bit so gotta run and put all that stuff together.

Judie, Vegas sounded GREAT! Happy you are back.

everyone else, catchup with you a bit later in the day.

AF, SAT and SUN
    rode bike for 20 minutes yesterday. Amazing how much you lose just being off exercise for a couple weeks.

Love you all,
    Mary

Monday, August 28th

Good (MOnday) Morning all

Good morning everyone
    Just a quick hello to say hope everyone is doing well today.
    I had a pretty good weekend. Last week was crazy and I hope this week isn't so nuts. Tonight I plan on taking it easy, getting to bed early and having an AF day. I have to go to the doctor to renew my script for topa - why arent doctors open on Sundays???
    Anyways - hope all are well
    Love ya
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hi all,
      Lots to say, but have a meeting with the guy who pays my check, so I'll make it short for now. Trying to be off the mod board was not so good for me last week. I did get some work done, but I missed you all and I'm at a place where I am not ready to be on my own so much yet. So moderation in all things. I will be checking in here, but I will stay off the Gen Board during the week until I am caught up. A good compromise.

Hey, Trish. It was good to hear from you, but now your gone again, drop a me note when you have time.

Ok, a badgood thing happen this weekend. I went over my wine limit on Saturday night. Now I didn't go over my daily weekend limit, but what I was mad about was I drank a whole bottle when I didn't need to. I was fine after my 2 glasses, the kids were ready for bed, it was after dinner and I was pissy at hubby and I slammed that last glass. I didn't enjoy it and by the time I went to bed, the sugar had kicked in and my heart was racing. I was pretty disappointed in myself at the time. Got up and almost had a drink in the AM, which is one of my big No No's. I was able to stop myself. I left the house for a while to do it, but that is ok. I had my 4 Sunday drinks, had a good day and I feel fine, but man was it close.

More later, got to get to work

Laura
      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hello everyone!

Just got back from a REALLY fun trip to Vegas, now time to get back to AF days and feel normal again! We did have a ball though!! Judie, hope you are ok and had a ball too. Meeting was long and grueling,but Sat night was fun as could be!

Hope you all are doing well, am still recovering from sunny's death, but life has to go on, right??

Talk to you all soon!!

Love ya,

Mary Anne:h :l

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hey ya'll! Well back to reality here. Had to work last night. But it was fun, I brought back whacky gifts for everyone @ work & passed out lighters that say "stolen from Maybels Whore House", and shot glasses w/ rude & sayings..."mean people suck...nice people swallow"... ya know, the usual Vegas stuff! Oh & of course pens w/ men that loose their "speedos" when ya turn em upside down! What every waitress needs!:H

Mary Ann it was SOOO FUN meeting you!:l We'll have to do it again when we have more time! My knuckles are still scraped... but everything else is fine...(I'm sure that toilet paper dispenser is still dented tho) I think Hubby was more upset w/himself for stomping off & leaving me than I was w/him... GOOD! HA! Had him worried when I didn't turn around & follow like a dog I guess...He should know me better than that!

MKR, Mary, sounds your Dad's doing better..? You're still in my prayers:h

Ok I'd better get going still have a lot to do. Gotta go give Grandma her bracelet, I'm sure she's gonna love it!

Hope everybody is doing well!.... Hugs , Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Just wanted to say hi, I'm back from Japan. There's a lot to say about that, but my son was happy, and Asia is an entirely different world. I'm still whining about what the meds are doing to my gut. (You can see my posts elsewhere), and so I'm trying to do a month of abs to get my innards in check. But I have missed you guys. I envy the fact that you were able to meet in Vegas. School starts on Wednesday, so it's back to the races. Anyway, hi out there. Good to be back.
            Sophie

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hi everyone,

Just feeling really icky today I think I might have OD'd on the baclofen? Feeling a little better now though.

It's nice to stop by and see how everyone is doing. :l

Maybe tomorrow will be better
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Well Sophie, Mary Anne and Judie , great to see you all back! Been a bit quiet around here. WE ALL MISSED YOU!!

Laura, when I am super busy, I only come here to mods and now that I made the commitment to do tools with Mona Cat, I have gone to that one. I skip General Discussion, otherwise I am missing this whole mods group way too much and I feel I need the stability of checking in with everyone. You are at the point where you are seeing your drink count and very aware. I think it is a great place to be. you will get to the mods spot you really want, I just know that!

Judie, thanks for asking, my dad, he didn't die this last week, which we were afraid of that happening. He sure is not doing too hot though. Still in the hospital he has now had 4 roommates come and go and he can barely get out of bed at all. Pretty tough surgery on a guy his age. My mom lost some of herself/memory? in surgery, which is sad because I have been waiting patiently for my mom of old to return. I am still hauling myself over there daily, though I am getting worn down.

Soccermom Mary - you are doing a juggling act with work and kids it can get overwhelming. I am proud of your steps to get to the mods you see in the furture.

Two BIG projects came across my desk today. (One guy it is a whole store and a club, super pricey stuff, I have worked on real estate development design pieces for him for years so this is cool, it is a LOT of work.) The other a state gov job, design - lots of work but will bog me down with changes as always. Steady work, slow to pay, always needing whatever changes today that kind of gov work!

Good to focus on work because I think I am due for a big bathtub cry here soon.

Hugs and Love to all you,
                Mary

PS: Rachele, WOW, I hope you feel better soon. What kind of icky and should you call the doctor? Please do that if you feel you really should. Love you, Mary

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hi Rachele, hope you are feeling better tomorrow. I know you are on the fence with the Baclofen. You need to do what you feel will be the best for you and we will support you in your choice. I know even though the dose of Topamax I take is low, I get a little more weirder the usual about hour to 2 hours after I take it.

Mary, my little cowboy is fine, but he did get in a bit of trouble with the teacher last week over the whole talking thing. Surprise, Surprise! We are working on it. He really doesn't understand that not everyone wants to hear everything he has to say. That was great about the AF weekend and hope your Dad is doing well.

Jen, I hope kitty is staying out of trouble.

Judie and Mary Anne, sounds like you had great fun. What did you think of the Thunder Down Under billboard?

Sophie,
                  Great to have you back, when you have time maybe you can tell us a little about your trip.

Laura

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Mary,
                    You and I posted at the same time. Wish your folks were doing better, I will pray for them. I'm thinking you might need a couple of Mental Health Days pretty soon. A Girly Spa Day, something like that. Wait, I had to edit this....What I just ment to say was you are taking care of so many things, you need to do something nice for yourself too.

Hugs,
                    Laura

Comment

Monday, August 28th

Hi Everyone,
                      I'm farily new here..haven't posted on this thread yet. I'm starting my 12th week on the program and am doing great. I'm leveling off on 150mg of Topamax. I tried several times to go to 200mg and just felt like crap on it. I found a doctor to support me and am settling into the fact that I'll stay on the Top for a while. My goal of moderation is along the lines of the moderation management site..something like no more than 3 glasses of wine at a time, no more than 3 times a week..and for the most part, that has been a piece of cake over the past two month, with exception to a week or two ago when my husband and i went through a bit of a major transition.
                      So, basically, I quit drinking for about 17 years and started back about 3 years ago when the my youngest daughter graduated high school..I kind of let my hair down and started a process of 'growing up'..I entered psychotherapy and began some binge drinking..I didn't want to engage any 'controlling' behavior that would put a lid on my feelings (or my creativity) because I felt it would inhibit the therapy and also my getting back in touch with my 'self'..and also the artist...long story short..The My Way Out has been an awesome program..never been quite satisfied with dealing with the tried and true way of dealing with alcoholism, nor was I ever sure if I was an alcoholic as I've been able to go long periods without drinking at all..it didn't seem to matter really one way or the other. I'm just happy to find something that has enabled me to drink in moderation if I want to...if I decide to become abstinent later, so beit..right now, it's enabled me to access deeper levels of myself without putting a lid on my feelings by trying to control everything, and that is something!

I'm 48, an artist and a graphic designer, married to my second husband, have 3 grown children from a previous marriage and have 4 grandchildren, my oldest daughter didn't waste any time having kids..which partly drove me to start drinking again :0)..So, that's my story..sorry I endulged so much..

I look forward to getting to know you all!
                      dilayne

Comment

Monday, August 28th

welcome

A little lat for yesterday, but Judie, wanted to say "great, gald you had a ball, and I did too, still can't get that midget(leperchaun) ou tof my head!!!" Glad to meet you, this program is AWESOME!!!!:H :h

Talk to you or will post soon, busy right now, just wanted to check in!!!

Love ya all, Mary you are in my prayers too!

Mary Anne

Comment

Working...
                        X