Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Guy's here is how I am going.
    Friday my meds arrived so took 5mg in afteroon and 5 mg when I went to bed. Went to a french restaurant with friends and did drink but slept like a baby after the night dose.
    Saturday 5mg 8am, 5mg 1pm, 5mg 6pm & 5mg around 10pm Drank wine with hubby BUT allowed him to have the last glass. That has never happened before.
    Sunday Same meds but didn't drink and the cravings were not that bad.
    slight nausea and a light headed feeling like I had already been drinking both days but within range that I was coping OK.
    Today have started 10mg 8am, 10mg 1pm, 10mg 6pm & 10mg 9 or 10pm depending when going to bed. Am going to do this dosage for 3 days.
    What has helped?
    For for a start I am so ready to become AF forever.
    With all my family worries I need to have my wits about me.
    The Baclofen is mellowing me out and I have slept OK and no sweats or too much anxiety normally I truly have climbed walls when trying to go AF.
    I have alot of family stress at the moment which would normally make me drink more and would cause heaps of anxiety and I would not be able to sleep so I would drink till I passed out!
    Last night I didn't sleep as well as am very worried about my daughter but I didn't stress out half as much and am really feeling in control.
    It's all really weird but in a good way.
    I have been here on this site for years......started just after Tawny and have always wondered when alot of people were achieving success why couldn't I?
    I think I am going to win this.........
    Take Care
    Shas
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas - I know how much you want this. I want it for you too.

Even though your house is full of people right now, try to check in daily and keep charting your progress.

You can DO THIS!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas,

I am one of those who sits by in awe and jealousy of how well others are doing.

I, too, am taking Baclofen. I am not dosing up as quickly as you but will get there.

I am praying it works for us both.

We can do this.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

I too just started Balcofen. Ive been feeling tierd but am anxious to titerate up today (3rd day). Ive been sick so my tierdness might have something to do with that. Good luck

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Good luck Shas! I just started baclofen yesterday. 5mg am, 10mg afternoon and 5 at night. Today I have had my 5mg. Need to see how I do at work with taking it...yesterday I didn't get tired once and felt great.

We can do this!!!
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Ok, I'm convinced. Now, how do you get a hold of Baclofen without a prescription?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Beatle,

Buy Generic Lioresal

River Pharmacy (costs a lot more).

Usual disclaimer. I have no idea if any of these drugs are the "real deal."

You know it is best to go to your doctor.

I sure hope you give this a try. We can do it together. :-)

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

4th Day Feeling Great

Thanks all for the encouragement. I so want this for me and all of you gorgeous people.

This has truly been a miracle for me.

OK On day 4 and taking 10mg 8am, 10mg 1pm, 10mg 6pm & 10mg for 9 or 10pm.

I took the same yesterday and all that I felt was an overwhelming tiredness about 3.30pm but it only lasted for about an hour & half.

I am not sleeping all that great but for a long time I have been medicating with alcohol and then taking something of a night to stop me waking at 3am with that wine sugar thing happening. So am coping with this sleeping thing as I am starting to think maybe I didn't need as much sleep as I was trying to get.

Tawny thanks & hugs.......am starting to believe I can do this too!

Cindi I have always understood where you were coming from as I am so like you. And I know this is going to work for you too.

Beatle 4rx.com is a company in India that I got my Baclofen from and they are so much cheaper than Rivers Pharmacy and it came in a reasonable time.

Cacky just do it! I am here for you.

Beaches we are all in this together and I want this for you. I am so happy for all of us!

I am going to a new GP today and don't know whether to discuss this all with her or not I think I will make that judgement as I am talking to her.

Oh forgot to mention......last night was pretty hectic and I was trying to cook dinner, do the run around thing for stepdaughter, give support for daughter who was very stressed as my darling grandaughter was very distressed and I think missing her brothers, she kept on going to her shoes and getting my bag to say "nanny take me home!" We decided to give her a bath to see if she would calm down, discovered that she had bad nappy rash so I rushed up the chemist for some nappy cream and a few things she needed. As I got in my car after buying all this stuff I realised it was 4 shops from my bottle shop. The only thing I thought of was "Boy I am saving money!" No urge to buy or drink.

AMAZING!!!! Last week I would never have been able to drive to the chemist at that time of a night. Would have resented if I could have driven that I wasn't drinking.

And I would have spent at least $45 every night for 3 bottle of wine or even more. I would tell hubby that we only had 2 bottles that we would share then when he went to bed I would drink the other bottle myself!
                I am speachless!

Much Love and Take Care
                Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hey, what about me? lol
                  I helped too :P

I am so glad to hear your outstanding results, it only gets better from here on out.

Also, I have the transient drowsy thing as well. I didnt want to mention as I have sleep problems as well but now that you have said it. I have had a devil of a time falling asleep and I thought alot of it was due to me talking to my wife in Sydney until 330 which is 830 pm there.
                  But you know what I found that works well is diphenhydramine 50mg. Its a sleep aid over the counter> generally it never works for me but now it does, really well.
                  I think you can get in Australia under the name Restavit and Unisom.

Continued success and next time I am in NSW we'll definitely go out for a coffee

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hey Bill

Hey Bill,
                    Hugs to you! Without your encouragement I might not have even tried this......Australia is not as forward thinking when it comes to alcoholism. They simply look at it as a weakness of self.
                    I just want it to work for everybody here as we all know the suffering involved.
                    I don't mind the lack of sleep thing as for so long I was taking restavit or mersondyl (not sure about spelling) every night as well as 1 or more bottles of wine. Will try give my body a rest but if I need it I will definately try that again.
                    Thanks again for all your help!
                    Take Care
                    PS Nah Not coffee I think I will take you & your wife a meal!
                    Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas you sound great. I love your enthusiasm

I was a bit sleepy after the morning dose but not really bad then the afternoon I never sat down so didn't have a chance to be drowsy. Once I took another 10mg at 7pm and sat down I started feeling really tired and never made it through my 9pm show. I would rather fall asleep sober than because of how much I had to drink. I woke up feeling great today. I am very pleased that I am not having any side effects to mention from the bac.

Thanks to all that have spent the time to educate us on bac! I truley do appreciate it.
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

I'm really excited about this, but can't get started for a couple weeks as I live in a very strict European country, where they would never let something like that in. But thankfully, I will be taking a trip to the U.S. in early July, so I can order it then -- right? Does anyone know about how the customs work with this?.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Everybody,
                          Sorry beatle dont know how customs work for US but if you go to the website of the drug company I would suggest that if you sent them an email they would tell you what you can have delivered in each country.
                          Australia has a customs website that you can go to. Thats how I found out that I can order legally 3 months worth at a time with no problem.
                          The only thing is with the bac is who decides the dosage for three months?
                          Yesterday my second day at 10mg x 4 I did have vague thoughts around 6pm about a drink. I realised it was because I am very busy and have no me time at the moment so the thought was there as my escape.
                          The thought was there but only a thought not a craving.
                          For Bill's info Doc has me on 10mg of warfrin for 3 days then get checked on Friday morning.
                          Really want to go up tomorrow but I feel need to see if my blood checks out OK.
                          Take Care
                          Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Beatle, I ordered from 4RX - they said it will take about 2 weeks to get here, but could be up to 21 days. Several people from US have ordered with no problem with customs - but I will let you know if I have any. (Tried to do this in pm but your box is full)

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

sorry Beatle I don't know. Are you staying with a friend to have it delivered to their home? That way the address is US that you use. I have ordered from acelpa, riverpharmacy and canadaonlinepharmacy with no troubles. 4rx didn't work for me and not really sure why but I am so happy it worked for others with that huge discount. Good luck Beatle.

Comment

Working...
                              X