Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, I was about to post on last weeks thread, only to realise that today is Monday and it's a new week.
    It's long weekend here, today isin't officially a public holiday -- tomorrow is, but lots of companies have closed today becuase the schools are. You'd never say we are in a recession would you?!?

Well, I must say, that I've had some wierd emo moments these last couple of days. Not to sure what's going on with me? I spent most of yesterday evening in tears over something that should'nt have upset me that much. I put myself to bed at about 7pm after refusing to speak to Mr DB because he was pickled after his game of golf -- but no, that wasn't it.
    Anyhoo, I have the day to myself to ponder, meditate and do something about these puffy eyes.
    I think I must make a batch of Happy Cookies today
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Hugs Deebers :l
    I think there must be something in the old air right now!
    I have been weepy too.
    Lets kick it to the curb together eh ?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Deebs, Morning Starty,

The weekend sure did go quick!

Deebs, well it is good that you have some time today to just "be". Sometimes we all need that I think. Life in all its glory can sometimes be overwhelming.

I think we sort of grow up and play at doing all the grown up things, which are highly stressful, kids, jobs, marriages, LIFE. These things themselves can be enough to "tip" even the most competant human being "over the emo top" occasionally, not to mention the million other little variants that can be chucked in for good measure. I sometimes find that a good cry without explantation can just be a build up of STUFF. General stress that needs to come out, so it comes out of my eyeballs.

Anyway, whatever the cause, whether you work out what is causing it or not, I wish you a peaceful day and time to repair. So, STOP, BREATHE, REBOOT. Sending you happy thoughts...maybe you could cook the ostrich and take your stress out on him....lol

Love Moo
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

ROFL thanks Moo, you just gave me a good giggle picturing the poor ostrich still sitting in my freezer:-) You're right, sometimes it's just all too much for me. A good cry can be very cleansing.

Starts, I thought of you just now when I went to stock up on my supps.... they had a 1kg bottle of L-Glut (powder) on special for R240 and you get a 500g free -- that's a lot of L-Glut!!!
        I did also stock up on my 5-HTP which I had run out of -- do you think by not taking it this weekend it contributed to the weepyness??
        Stay close friend, I'm thinking of you!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Starty I do love the squirrel aviator...gave me a real giggle.

Comment

Hi all,
            Well, we are getting going here on the other side of the pond.

Deebs, the zoo only had emus, no ostriches. I didn't know the difference, but here's what Google taught me: ostriches are bigger and live in Africa. Emus live in Austrailia. Both are flightless. Your avatar actually turned up on one of my emu searches, but with a face like that, .... Also, I have eaten ostrich. My sister-in-law tries to buy a different meat every Christmas. She grilled it like steak, and it was tough and dry. Brasing would be much better.

I was in tears Friday night. I had thought the landscape destruction connected with siding was over. But to "clean up" they raked over my fragile plants, and dragged a heavy garbage can through my lillies, breaking more of them off. I just spent the whole weekend picking up trash and doing corrective pruning to compensate for what they did. Ugh! but the worst is over. The siding and most windows are done. We are waiting for one custom-size window, a railing for near the door, and construction of a post by the front door that had rotted at the base.

Take care, all. It should be an uplifting week for all of us.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Oh Sun, I feel for you -- bloody inconsiderate men!! (and I'm sure they were men were'nt they lol)

I don't know much about Emu's -- off to google and learn.

Comment

I had some incredibly bad days this week, and then it was my time of the month. I should keep track so I know what is going on...emo! I was feeling so stressed I couldn't feel normal. Yesterday, I took the kids to an absolutely beautiful state park and we hiked. Being in nature is so calming for me. All my worries were just so far away.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of emo stuff with some of us. I?ve been dealing with a stomach thing the past few days, :yuk: could hardly get out of bed on Saturday, yuck! That?s one way to break the AL cravings ? no desire at all! :eeew: I hope all the emotional woes go better for everyone soon.
                  Sun, so any baby mountain goats at the zoo? I would have been livid if someone trampled my flowers too! That?s hard work, expensive, and very emotional!
                  DeeBee, how great for you that you have some time off. Maybe your emotion is just release from your stress? I loved reading about your ?Happy Cookies?. I guess I am famous for my cookies at hubby?s work. They were requested for his most recent pot luck. Nothing like a good batch of homemade cookies to cheer you up.
                  Lila, I am with you on nature! Nothing makes me feel better.
                  Moo, never would have guessed that you like cows LOL! Sounds like we have some things in common. I?m looking forward to getting to know you better.
                  Starting, just noticed your nicotine free banner? congrats! :clapclap: That?s a tough one! Good for you!
                  "Hey" to everyone else as well!

Take care all,
                  periwinkle
                  Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Oh Sunny, how terrible. I love my garden too and I really sympathise with you over the devastion in the garden...soon may it all be over and back to rights...yes heres to an uplifting week..

Lila...sorry to hear you had some bad days...but if it was the run up to your "time" then if you are anything like me this might explain some of it?? I find the world is sort of at right angles to reality the week "before". I recently discovered that it is my last remaining drinking "danger zone". If I am going to drink more than I want to, it will be around this time. As a recent discovery I will be on the look out for it next month. I know life is stressful for you at the moment too. Its wonderful that you find solace in nature, I do too.

Hey Peri. Its is always my pleasure and delight to meet a fellow cow lover. They are just the best animals. SO gentle. I have a basket full of stuffed cows and Mr Moo actually calls me MOOLET!!!! I wonder what else we willl find in common...

Well its monday night, (where did today go) and I am still finishing off for work tomorrow!

Have a couple of busy days ahead, so in case I dont get a chance, I hope everyone has a good week.

love moo

Comment

So here I sit
                      In bed with my laptop, coffee and happy cookies
                      Today is a public holiday -- Youth Day. I told my daughter that as far as I could tell everyday was Youth Day and her retort was that I was thinking of Father's Day LOL cheeky girl.
                      I am feeling calmer today, not necessarily happier but then not blue -- I think only another woman would understand that statement lol.
                      I think I might be onto something tho with finding a solution or medicine to help the blues. Check this out Genie Rowson Home Page, There’s A Remedy For That: God's gift to women - The simple cuttlefish (Sepia) offers relief to overburdened women everywhere and this Genie Rowson Home Page, There’s A Remedy For That: Sepia

Well, I am going to lurk for a bit and then probably go and DO something. We are heading down when hubby finishes work at lunch-time to fetch the daughter and Mumsie asked me to dye her hair for her (it's always a laugh) and then I think we'll head home early and watch "Marley and Me" which I believe is a real tear-jerker ..... just what I need!

Happy Days:-)

Comment

Deebs, I saw Marley and Me with Mr Moo at the cinema when it came out. We both loved it. It is sad, but also amusing in places and a good take on the cycle of life I thought. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Please save a happy cookie for me! Not that I am unhappy at the present time, but cookies are wonderful and especially homemade ones! God I wish I found the time for such things, I am in awe of you for that. You seem to fit a lot into your world Deebs. Enjoy your day off...dont do too much...

I am just taking a quick lunch break then back to the grindstone. I have a fun afternoon of typing up notes on all the events that took place at court this morning - deep joy. Sigh.

On the up side, the weather is stunning here today and I am going to my friends for dinner tonight. I am taking some homegrown spinach to go in a salad ...proud of that.!..and I get a day off the gym. Plus I am not drinking.....its all good.

Happy day to everyone....love Moo

Comment

I feel good!!!

Hi friends,
                          Back from the vacation. Looks like a lot on the drinktracker (drinking daily) but given the circumstances and the fact that I never got "drunk" - 2 or 3 at the most - I'm feeling really good.

Read the book "Face to Face" - check out my thoughts on "What we're reading" thread. That book totally altered my life as far as drinking and driving. We modders have to be most careful as we are still out there allowing ourselves to drink - hoping we can moderate - but what if we're in a situation where we need to drive and we're modding? Read the book and think long and hard about drinking and driving. It's a scary thought. BTW - no driving with any of my drinking. Mostly we walked across the street to the pier restaurant or hubby drove and he's Mr. one and I'm done or none at all so we were good.

Haven't had a chance to read personals on the posts - just thought I'd do a quick note tonight to let you know I'm back home. Had a belated birthday lunch with my BFF and in the old days we both would have had wine with that lunch!! Not today.

Busy getting ready for my son's bday party - I'll soon have a teenager!! So, if you don't hear from me much in the next few days know that I'm lurking and thinking of you all!
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Oh what a pity -- we couldn't get the sound to work on the DVD player so didn't get to watch Marley & Me.

Eve, you sound FANTASTIC!!
                            There has been much discussion on the boards lately about drinking and driving so thanks for the heads up on that book.
                            Last night on our way home from fetching the daughter from my parents we passed a nasty accident which had just happenend. A taxi carrying 30 odd passengers in a vehicle registered to carry 14 was lying on it's side in a ditch and it was as flat as a pancake!!! I saw pictures and the story in the newspaper this morning and AL was definetly involved.
                            Recently there have also been quite a few accidents involving school kids being transported on the back of bakkies -- there is just no protection for them if the driver slams on brakes is there -- the last horror crash ab out 30 little ones under the age of 7 died on their way to creche.

Well, on that note, I am travelling up north today and will only be back on Friday. My BF and I have been invited to an all expenses paid hospitality doo to showcase our products. So it's a wonderful opportunity to network and hopefully full up the order book.
                            I am a bit nervous about the trip because my BF has asked me a couple of times whether we should buy wine to take with us, to which I said NO, the hotel is putting us up free of charge the least we can do is pay for the odd glass of wine!!!!

Anyway, I have stocked up on my supps. I have my little blue book in which to write my thoughts whilst away from you guys. And just for fun I have packed "The world according to Clarkson".

Till Friday -- take care everyone.

Comment

DEEBS

Wishing you a successful trip. Both in terms of business and of moderating. You seem to have it covered, but still sending positive thoughts. Thats accident sounds nasty. Look foward to hearing how it all goes on the trip.

EVIE

You do sound in excellent form. The holiday obviously agreed with you. Hope your son has a lovely birthday. I totally agree about drink driving. I have never and would never consider getting in a car to drive if I had been drinking. I wouldnt even drive if I had had one. In the UK its a really big issue (as everywhere I guess). Even in the past, I take the view I am either drinking and not driving or driving and not drinking.

I hope everyone else is ok??

I have had a blasted headache all day - how rubbish. It is just starting to abate, so I am trying to pluck up the enery for the gym, but I have that post painkiller malaise! I will try and go nonetheless.

Happy hump day to all....

Love Moo

Comment

Working...
                              X