Need comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need comments

Ok I have been drinking a long time and cant take it anymore. Im to the point that I am becoming non-functional and having some physical issues that need to stop.

I have no insurance for treatment so I am considering taking a drive to Matamoras mx to get some cheap meds to help me stop. Campral is my first choice from my research.

All comment is appreciated

Need comments

More and more I'm not sure if anyone really needs anything.

The best early remedies are things to get through the first 5-7 days of detox. Symptoms are anxiety and trouble sleeping. The MWO system, including some herbal pills for relaxation help a lot here. Vitamins and eating right help. But the first 5 days are tough no matter what, because your body will fight back and it's not fun.

After that, if you can stay free of alcohol, the secondary symptoms center around longstanding habits that make you think drinking would be attractive for some reason. The best treatment is to change habits, and stay clear of anything that might trigger cravings or return to habits.

They key to success comes from inside. Can you commit to change.

I'm not sure meds are needed at all. Vitamins and supplements are cheaper than wine, beer or booze. In fact, having no money may make a good incentive to not spending it on more alcohol.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Need comments

I agree with Bossman. The first 5 days are tough no matter what, but obviously, not impossible!! Many have done it and you can, too. Like bossman says, you must commit. You have to really want it.

Strength to you!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Need comments

I go with Dill and "The Boss". right on.

Comment

Need comments

They do say that the physical addiction (and by they i mean AA) is gone after 5-7 days. We are all here for you. We are free and there is always someone on-line that you can chat with if you need to:welcome:

Comment

Need comments

jin,

I quit drinking back in March with no meds or supplements (just an herbal supplement that I had been on for anxiety & depression)(called Amoryn).
            As the others mentioned, physical symptoms of withdrawal last a few days but the emotional symptoms last longer. If nothing else, get a self help book from the library on changing habits, identifying emotional triggers, etc.

Wishing you the best!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Need comments

Hey all
              feeling the need to jump in on his thread, as I jut hit 15 day - yuck, detox, as some of you now, were with me and encouraged - but today, relapsed. I think you're right Boss - I'm into the secondary habits stage - and so bloody helpful to have that articulated. What to do from here? I have no idea why the craving came up today - I was just calmly writing about to post to MWO (on AA admittedly, one of my hang-ups).

I'm soaking up your wisdom , all of you. Buying ounces of dope ended (8) years ago. Now it;s the drinking that has to be given the boot. Learning and listening. Keep it up, and love to all x
              KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Need comments

[QUOTE= [b]Campral is a good option, it literally saved my life. Not a wonder drug, just something to keep you grounded and stave off any intense cravings.

It's imperative to keep drinking in perspective. It magnifies any lows, and negates any highs. Kate. (/QUOTE][/I]

Kate, how good to hear that put into words: REPEAT: Drinking magnifies any lows, and negates any highs.[/b] I think I under estimated the cravings.

I think I'm going to print that out. Thank you x
                KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Working...
                X