Hello, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, need help

I read mwo about 2 months ago and thought this program is for me. I fell of the wagon really hard. I'm so happy to know I'm not alone. This is my first time on this website and I really need your help. I want to begin by saying I've been drinking for about 20 years (I figured that out for the first time last night) and it's destroying me. I really hit rock bottom this past Thursday when I came home after drinking for about 10 hours I missed a step going to the bathroom and smashed me face on the coffee table. My housband had to clean me all up and put me to bed. I woke up a broken women. These wounds will heal, but I really want to change. The scary part is do I change my whole life, friends, my job????? The most scary thing is my husband and I have been together for most of my drinking life, how is this all going to affect my marriage??? My husband has his drinking under control, I'm the one out of control. l haven't had a drink since Thursday, but thats no major accomplishment because everytime I look in the mirror I'm reminded of how much I need to make a change. When the bruises go away thats what worries me. I want to thank who ever takes the time to read my story and please pray for me.

Deborah

Hello, need help

Deborah-

I'm glad you are here. I, too, have suffered many bruises and various other physical injuries due to my drinking. You are not alone, sister.

I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement here. I've only been around about a month but MWO has made a huge difference in my life. I hope it will for you also.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Deborah.

Jackie

Comment

Hello, need help

I have suffered many a bruise and scar from alcohol induced injuries - even a sprained ankle. You have found a wonderful place of support and encouragement that can really make a difference in your life. You can make it to the other side and change your drinking habits - your life.
      I will be praying for you.
      Jenn

Comment

Hello, need help

Keep coming back Deborah. You can do this.
        We are all on a similar journey.
        Phil
        Love and Peace,
        Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Hello, need help

All of our stories sound so much alike. One thing common is not so good things happen when we are drunk. Another thing all of us in the MWO program have in common is, we are all here to take control of our drinking thus take control of our lives so good things will happen. Am I right My Way Outers? Climb Aboard. Join the Group. You'll get help///
          :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Hello, need help

Thank you everyone who have giving me support these past few days. Your all in my prayers.

Deborah

Comment

Hello, need help

Deborah welcome. You're story sounds alot like mine. I also woke up with a busted face and realized i could not and would not do this any more. I got my topo upped to 300mg last week and my supplements. i am waiting for my cds to come. you will find alot of fabulous support here on mwo.best of luck to you and you can do it.
              :k :k

Comment

Hello, need help

Hi Deb,

I'm very new here too, but I've been on this program for 6 months and not had a drop of alcohol. That is saying something because I am 63 and have been drinking for over 40 years. This program is the most marvelous thing. Ican :new: not say enough about it. It is a very personal program and you have to put a lot into it yourself and believe in it. I truly believe if you follow the plan, the book by Roberta, listen to the CDs, take your good nutritional supps, get the proper exercise, consult a Dr. and get the Topamax (by all means), I think this is the main ingredient, and it does not help to pray a lot if you are a praying woman. I was sober for 3 weeks before I started. I am abstaining. I will see how long that lasts. Maybe forever. I may, test it with a glass of wine sometime, I don't know, we'll see. Just want to let you know. This plan can work for you. I know how you feel I have been there many,many times!! please try this plan. It works, Good Luck!!!!! Lee. It is not like AA or any of those other plans if you have tried them it is different. I have tried everything. THIS WORKS IT SHOULD BE SHOUTED FROM THE ROOF TOPS But I have to give myself much more time before I go bananas! LeeB

Comment

Hello, need help

Hi Deb,

I have been on this site for almost 2 weeks now, I also woke up one morning (10 days ago) with a busted face and I don't even remember how it happened except I think I face planted the ground. I also can still see the result of my drinking every time I look in the mirror, and I don't want to do it any more. It is really hard, but everyone here on this site has been so supportive and kind, I hope you stick around to find that out as well. It makes such a big difference to know that there are others out there going through the same thing I am (even if most of you are on the other side of the world!) The world doesn't seem like such a big place here at MWO.

Good luck Deb, you CAN do it! :welcome:
                  We are both of us angels, with only one wing... together, we can fly...

Comment

Hello, need help

I am on the verge of beginning the programme. I have and have read the book, but do not want to go to my Dr for Topa as do not want any more alcohol related problems on record, as my employers have the right to see it any time.Have Hypno cd's and supps and kudzu. Have been heavy drinker for many years, out of control last eight, altho' gave up totally for pregnancy twice in last four years without any difficulty.Can I do it without med?
                    Pipsqueak

Comment

Working...
                    X