Ch-ch-changes Learning Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! Did I go over my limit last night.

Decided to put this on the changes thread to encourage others to share changes they've made in their modding lives regarding triggers that they've discovered that may lead them to wayward drinking.

I know a lot of people post that they don't and won't drink alone. I guess my battle is I don't want to drink and drive so getting together with the friend at her house for a glass of wine or meeting at the bar isn't an option. So, I have to admit that I have resorted to having a glass of wine or two in my home.

I love movies and we have a great movie room. So, I enjoy watching something with a relaxing glass of wine here and there. Of course the problem with being a problem drinker is sometimes I can stop and some times I can't. So, last night after the long day with the teenage bday party I had a glass of wine with dinner and then a couple of hours later thought I'd have a second one while I watched t.v. and relaxed. Well, that glass tasted SO good that I have to admit I had one more.

However, when I measured the amount of wine that was left in the bottle today I realized those 2 glasses must have been 6-7 oz, not 5 so technically I had 4 glasses last night! I feel it too. Slight headache, mild anxiety, and just that general feel yukky kind of feeling.

So, it's pretty evident drinking alone is NOT a good thing for me. Such a learning curve with all of this isn't there?

I'll keep plugging away but I have to be more cognizant of my triggers (drinking alone in my favorite room!!) Sunbeam, I think of you when I recall your trigger of your nice patio
    on a Sunday - funny how we all have our indiviudal weak areas that make us want to drink. Think I need to just stick to the drinking when out when hubby is driving and if in the home environment then drinking only when hubby is drinking with me (like if we decide to have wine with dinner) as it seems too easy when drinking alone (was watching t.v. alone while he was taking a bath) to just have another one!!

Hugs all,
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Evie

As we are always saying, it is a continuous learning curve and the fact that we are still working on it is what will make us more succcessful over time (I believe). There is no doubt that by keeping the bloggy thing "moo's plan" I have identified when things might go wrong and that really assists me.

The fact that you realised that you had more than you thought is also good. It means you are being very aware. It is so easy to do when pouring home measures. I have actually only drunk at home once on the last 4 months since coming here (on that occasion I shared a bottle of wine with Mr Moo) but reading your post has made me think that if I do drink at home, I must be aware.

Thanks for posting this Evie...these reflections are what makes us grow and learn from each other...your a star girl. I hope you feel better now.

Love Moo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Our learning continues now and probably for the rest of our lives. Sometimes I expect I will make a mistake I at some level knew I should have avoided. That's why I hang our here, with people who understand.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
      X