Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, August 29th

Hi Abbers!

Good Tuesday to You! I hope you all have a blessed day. I will have a busy day, and that is good for me. I also have some breaks during the day, good for catching up on that nasty old paperwork! Urgh!

Today is a sad day for me, although it does have its silver lining. It's the anniversary of the day that Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans last year. I lived there from 1978-1984 and adored that city, despite its problems. Last year I cried and drank and sewed my way through those weeks of news coverage in a complete blur. It was horrible, but I couldn't turn away! Now, as I'm sewing, and the anniversary coverage is on, it doesn't hurt quite as badly. I have located two old friends and know that others are okay, as well.

The good news is that since last year, I found MWO, and I have slipped and stumbled into Absville, and right now I'm sober, and I'm grateful for that!

Thanks to all of you!

Love and hugs,

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Tuesday, August 29th

Hope you are ok today Kathy. :l

I haven't deserved to post here lately in Absville because I haven't been abstaining over the past week or so . Which I think has been blatantly obvious.
    But today is the first day of a new week after the Bank Holiday and I haven't drunk in the past day or two and plan to keep on riding down this bumpy old road.
    After a long hard talk to myself, and the weekend to reflect. I feel that I am ready to ( if I may ) rejoin you all here, because you have always been the people that have underpinned me in my abstinence, and offered me freindship, guidance and support.

I have been reading everyones chats and feeling sad that I haven't been part of it :upset: .

Love to everyone here
    XXXX
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Good Morning Abbers,

Kathy, i remember watching the news last year about Katrina and remember thinking it looked like the end of the world. It was a scarey time. I'm glad the drink thing is getting easier, it feels like your getting somwhere. I did enjoy football last night thanks...Scored 2...Missed 22...And thats me improving!! Your doing a great job Kathy...We will have to all nip round yours for a coffee.

Cv1, i really enjoyed that web-site and so did the wife and kids...It had them in fits....My daughter got Eddie Murphy? Good luck with the cleanse kit you sound like a woman on a mission.

Mary, well done for coming back, your right you just gotta get back on the horse, but each time you do you gain the exsperiance, and then maybe not fall off so much.

Shas, nice cockney rhyming slang.....I saw an addictions counsellor ( how DO you spell that) aswell,and was worried but he was really good....He must have seen a million people like me before...and nothing i told him was a shock...Let us know how you get on.

Gabby, you make me laugh....I'm glad you had a good time with your dad. I'm really close to my dad too,and worry about the enevitable too much aswell. Hes only 48 so we are pretty close.......Hope you get over your armpit obsession soon.

Lori, Nice to see you back again, if you dont mind me asking do you work in a mainstream or special needs school, i dont mind if you dont answer its just that my sister has special needs....Also glad your friend has got you for support.

Jenn and Lou i hope you call in today, would be good to know where your upto.

Me and my wife are taking the kids out to Grizedale forrest today...and its raining....again....

Good luck to all today......Love Mackeral
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

We must have been posting at the same time Bub...I'm glad to see your back...Drink comes back to haunt us all the time...Even here where we are trying to get help ,it still tries to get in the way.
        What dosn't kill us makes us stronger eh?
        Nice to see you back.....Macks
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Morning fellow Abbers....Yesterday was great and accomplished 4 of my goals, so I'm feeling good. Still don't have the cleanse kit yet but I'm easy back off of the bad food?, drink and sugar in the meantime so that I can dive right in when it's here. I already have some unsweetened cranberry juice that I've been using and a bit of psyllium and old herbs from another company, but I can't wait to dive in fully...give me something to focus on besides work and staying abstinent.

Macks, so glad your family liked the site...I had loads of fun with it too! Well, I have to run for now to get a conference call going but stay strong, take your supps, stay on program and be your best self today all...:l

I'll answer all others later, just can't be late cause it has overseas members too...

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Good morning all.I am feeling so happy to be able to post here - having not had a drink in almost a week.
            Kathy, I was just looking at before and after photos of Katrina. My heart broke when New Orleans was hit - I only visited that city once - but loved it. What an absolutely charming and fun place. It was a great place to drink and party!!! Also a great place to eat - ate gater sausage there for the first and last time in my life! Had a "cab ride from hell" to the airport with one of the worst hangovers I can remember the day we flew home - I think the cab driver (who was chain smoking kools and driving like he was related to Mario Andretti) knew we had fully embraced his city and messed with us big time on the way to our flight out.
            Anyway, many good and bad memories from those days of drinking - mostly bad as I became an adult and took life on responsibly.
            I was at Wal Mart yesterday purchasing items for my daughter's apartment (she is moving out next week) and am proud to announce that I PASSED the wine section WITHOUT making a purchase. I did stop to ponder and want to tell you that my commitment to ABS is what tickled the back of my brain and made those legs of mine move right on down to the oatmeal section. My daughter is a huge oatmeal fan so I bought her the largest box of oatmeal Wal Mart offered.
            Blessings to you all this Tuesday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here and for sharing your journey - up and down - for being brave enough to come here even when the story isn't pretty. It has helped me so much to keep coming back.
            Jenn

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

I am back on the Abs Train. Just wanted to state it publicly for accountability. Had a 1.5 bottle slip last week but all in all, doing ok. Glad to have caught the train.

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Good Morning all,
                Kathy, Such a fine mayor you are, yes indeed. Oh and yes, I watched the coverage of Katrina last year along with the rest of the world. Such sad stuff. I'm glad you located your friends and this year arent drinking as you are remembering the anniversary. And boy oh boy, arent you the sewer. Im not in to that much. Never have been. I could go ahead and put that in the arm pit catagory. For a hem....I use hockey tape. Works great! Much quicker. The boys will do it themselves too. In fact....we use hockey tape for a lot of things around here. It comes in all kinds of color's ya know. This summer the boys were messin with fireworks...one came in the house....yes, i wanted to kill em, but first we had to put out the sparks on the floor. It did leave a burn on the linleium. But nothin hockey tape couldnt cover. Had the perfect color and everything. Same with a skate cuttin my seat in the car. Ta da ta daaa.....Hockey Tape!!!! Again perfect color right to match. Cant even tell. And then my kitchen broom. Givin me slivers all the time. My middle son...wrapped the whole stick for me. Made a way cool like grip for me too. Just like the pro's. Its my favorite broom now. So anyway.....so much for the sewing. Never need to do it. And if a button falls off...I get super glue for that. So I'm very impressed with all that sewing you do.

Hey Bambs, As far as I'm concerned anyone deserves to be here. But just as a normal life kinda thing it is important to be considerate of others and their feelings. I may tend to worry about that sometimes too much, but it is a community here and is a place that I dont think too much consideration for others could exist. There are some guidelines and honestly I dont feel that they should have been verbally set. No one should have to tell us how to behave. We are all adults and tho we all are looking for guidance, direction and support with our issues, which we all have, we really shouldnt require babysitters in the people behaving department. Everyone here just wants to support each other and wants to be supported. There is really no reason to have feelings of anamosity against those that really just want to help. I would say when that stuff starts flarin up that its time then to look only inside yourself and no futher. That then it is about you and no one else. And Bambs....I'm not sayin this to just you. But to me and anyone who is readin this. We all know it. When the crap starts stirin up inside.....rarely its about your neighbors. And mostly......its comin from inside yourself. And at least its a good place to start the work cuz its the only place that we can get any work done. And we can never do anyone elses work inside themselves. Ireally do care about you and Lou and actually everyone for that matter. I really want you to find what you need to get you where ya need to be. Hope that makes sense. I surely dont know what it is but thats cuz its for you to figure out. But anything that I as a friend can do to help ya along the way, if I am capable, I am willing. Anyway, enough of that. Welcome back.

Speakin of welcomes....Welcome Jenn! Welcome to the wacky world of Abs land! La la la la la. Ha...when I was little, I had a doll named that lala.
                Sheese do I ever get off the subject. Actually I hated dolls. More of a tomboy. In fact my barbie is in mint condition cuz of it. Never played Barbies. How stupid was that? I was out burnin ants with my glasses and my brother. That sounded far more important.

And mackie boy how fun that your goin the the forest again today. I really admire you that you spend so much time with your family and wife. That is so important. Dont stop! What ever ya do in life...dont stop makin time with them. Cant wait to hear what ya do funny today.

CV, I cant remember what you said you did for a living. But as much money and you gotta be spendin in supps.....I think you should just go into business for yourself and have your own supps store. As knowledgable as you are (which is incredible) you would be makin so much more money just from wholesale to retail alone. Not to mention internet sales. But then people would be depending on your smarts and you would steal everyone elses customers just cuz you know what your talkin about so much. I'm serious. You could find a cheap spot to rent and advertise about YOU. How YOU could work up a specific program for each persons needs. Once they see how much they need YOU as much or more than the supps. Well ca-ching, ca-ching! I could totally see it right now. I swear your like a walking encyclopedia/database/supp engioneer/vitaman doctor. Thats it! You could call yourself the Vitamen Doc!!!! (hell, how do ya spell that) and just think what a good deal you can give all of us pains in the butts you know here on MWO. :H

Ok leaving now bye. gabbs

Oh and hi to everyone else that I didnt mention.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Hey I am getting in early today?

Hey I am getting in early today? Well not really coz its actually 12.42am got caught up with becca and a few others in chat (coz I so needed it) so it doesn't really matter, had a great time! so grateful.
                  well went to the counciller (whatever spelling) today and what she teach me? nothing! hey i am cool coz maybe along the way it just might hit her (sorry just being smart arse) but she was open to other options if what she is offering doesn't work... Good thing about this lady, she did listen to me like I did know what I was talking about and seemed very open to other ideas!!!!!!!!!!!(not topa) another hope dashed! Sh1t (Rj hasnt worked that's a swear word ) and no one should tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will see in the future! but good thoughts at the moment, I felt I was going to meet GODZZILA and I was terrified.
                  I think she actually listened to me?! Or was she just paying me lip service! Scary
                  I have actually realised I don't really believe or trust in anyone and for a while not this board either! Sorry I am not bringing this up again, only that it does push my buttons! And I am having a hard time at the moment.
                  Love you all!
                  Please don't take me wrong!
                  Love & kisses:upset:
                  Shas
                  Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Day 30-Woo hoo!

Hello-

I have not posted on a regular basis but I wanted to make it a point to post on my 30th day of abstinence.
                    This site and the people on it made it much easier for me to stay on track. I have been able to stick to a regular exercise regimen and have also been eating a more healthy diet.

I actually have no desire to drink at this point and plan on continuing with abs. Why mess with a good thing?

Thanks to everyone here. You all inspire me!

Jackie

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Congrats

Jackie, congratulations! That's so wonderful! Hopefully I'll be chasing your tail soon because I've quit the mods and gone back to vacation in absville for a while...so thanks for the incentive!

Gabby, you are just too much:l . I am just a bargain hunter at heart and find all of the best stuff for the lowest prices...hehe, although I have had a few side businesses besides my day jobs...I say jobs because I've had two or three careers, right now I'm in the IT world and it rocks! Only because I like my current challenge, so who knows, maybe a side site for custom sobriety baskets and general "I love me and will get through this" kits could be kind of fun...

Lucky, welcome, welcome. I know how the Pinot Grigio and Chardonney can sing like a siren, but I've muted them for a while...

Shas, Lori...good to see you back.

Kathy, I'll be happy to share the cleanse journey with you as I go through it. I'd love to hear about your raw journey. For me, as with everything, the first and third days are the toughest, then it starts to hit me again around the 14 mark...right before I start creating the "habit", but I'm thinking I'll count backwards for the cleanse and trick my brain...hehe.

I have 30 days (whisper now "to go") Next day, 29, etc.

Anyway, if there's anyone that I missed, stay strong and love yourself today...Remember, the only easy day was yesterday....Sorry, from my spec war buddies, to keep them motivated...

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

Morin guys,

i tried to post earlier from another computer and it wouldn't let me sooooooooo I'm running late!

Good to see everyone here and doing well.
                        And I agree with everything Gabby said. We all have to watch our ps and qs. I got into a mess a couple of years ago when I stopped my zoloft. I had a mild mood swing and started telling everyone just like it is!:H It was the truth.......just didn't lace it with any sugar! It sure weeds out any not true friends!

CV, I'm really interested in the fasting cleanse. I have a book on fasting but haven't done very much but would like to. I drink carrot juice mixed with Magma Pluss 3-4 times a day now. It is a super green food. Full of good stuff and tastes good too!

Gott run....or as we say in the south..."Y'all come go with me now".
                        Nancy & Belle

"Happiness is different from pleasure.
                        Happiness has something to do with struggling and enduring and accomplishing".
                        George Sheehan
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

My P's and Q's are definitely under lock and key now... I wonder where that saying came from?

I thank you to all who welcomed me back. It's wonderful to be back.

Hope The Baby Belle is ok Nanc...

XXXX

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

found it...

This expression, meaning
                            "be very careful to behave correctly",
                            has been in use from the 17th century on.
                            Theories include: an
                            admonishment to children learning to write;
                            an admonishment to
                            typesetters (who had to look at the letters reversed); an
                            admonishment to seamen not to soil their navy pea-jackets with
                            their tarred "queues" (pigtails);
                            "mind your pints and quarts";
                            "mind your prices and quality"; "mind your pieds and queues"
                            (either feet and pigtails, or two dancing figures that had to be
                            accurately performed); the substitution of /p/ for "qu" /kw/ in the
                            speech of uneducated ancient Romans; or the confusion by students
                            learning both Latin and Ancient Greek of such cognates as pente
                            and quintus
                            . And yes, we've heard the joke about the instruction
                            to new sextons: "Mind your keys and pews."

The most plausible explanation is the one given in the latest
                            edition of Collins English Dictionary: an alteration of "Mind
                            your 'please's and 'thank you's".

How Interestesting.....

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Tuesday, August 29th

checking in

Glad things are getting back on track for everyone here.

Day 26--which feels great and measly at the same time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X