Topamax-Got the tingles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax-Got the tingles?

Well, I'm a newbie, trying out the topamax which already seems to be helping. But the one side effect that had been driving me crazy and was preventing me from sleeping was the painful tingling/prickly feeling I kept getting in the bottom of my feet. Well, I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but one night in shear desperation I managed to find something that worked for me, albeit temporarily......Tigerbalm muscle rub (or probably any type of numbing muscle rub would work). The remedy takes effect in seconds. Typically by the time the effect of the balm wears off, the tingles are gone, though not always, but then I just reapply. Now if I could only be able to concentrate a bit better.....

Topamax-Got the tingles?

IthinkIcan,

Just as an fyi, when I have detoxed not even using Topa, the bottom of my feet have itched horribly, especially noticable at night. Perhaps it is partially that.

Paddy, an oldtimer here, had started a thread on Topa. I recall that he said most of the side effects, such as the word issues and fuzzy headedness disappeared after a month or so on the Topa.

Hope the same holds true for you. I am glad to hear it is working.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

Hi IthinkIcan,

This was one of the most annoying side effects of Topa which I experienced -- luckily one of the only side effects so can't really complain.
      I remember when i posted about it some kind soul took pity on me and suggested eating a banana as it has something to do with your potassium levels..... worth a try, eh?
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

I took it as well for a couple months, and that was the most irritating side effect. It went away after a while.....try to put it out of your head, and focus on why you are doing it!
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

My latest concern is my fingers are numb in the morning after sleep. My ring finger on my right hand i use most is also snapping, i can assume its all side effects from Topa?

Anyone ever experience such? I did have the foot tingles in the start. Recently i upped my Topa, i am worried to go much higher. I am getting alot of tinges and numbness all over, hands, arms and feet. ???

I don't feel it to be neurological yet.

Worried.
          An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

Iirene, did you get your Topa from a Doc? Can you call and ask if the side effects you are experiencing are normal?
            Sorry I can't be of more help.
            BTW I upped my dosage a LOT slower than suggested in the book - what dosage are you on now?
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

DeeBee;644221 wrote: Iirene, did you get your Topa from a Doc? Can you call and ask if the side effects you are experiencing are normal?
              Sorry I can't be of more help.
              BTW I upped my dosage a LOT slower than suggested in the book - what dosage are you on now?
              Yes, i told her about my condition. She recommended me to see a Rheumatoid Doctor. I am slow on upping as well. I am going from 25mgs to 50, although i am going to take an additional 1/2 up only 1st. I am afraid to go up much more along with my other meds. I certainly will be medicated to the brim and if i reach, it won't be a pretty scene. I'm not drinking enough water as well.

:thanks: i'll report as i go.
              An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Topamax-Got the tingles?

It sounds so simple but really, if we don't drink enough water the side effects can be worse -- good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                X