my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brother

My brother is treating me like sh*t. He puts his latop in wrong places, and throws a fit when stuff is on it. Tonight. He put his laptop where I had to sit after dinner, started calling me stupid ass, retarted, and stupid. He is being a fu**ing jerk. Mom says that he is getting a place on his own. She has threaten this before but she always back down. I am sick and tired of his being a fu**ing jerk. This is just making me want to get drunk. I don't want to spoil my 7 days. I need encouragement and a big hug.

Sorry for the cussing.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

my brother

DA, Don't let your anger be a cause for you to drink. You have a choice, pick up the drink, or DON"t Pick up the drink. You are doing so well. The drink will not make your brother go away or change his attitude.

Winefree

Comment

my brother

DA, Im with Wine. Dont drink at your brother or because of your brother. Is there anyway you can move out?

Comment

my brother

No. mom is really going to see if he can. After all, why should I move out, when its him who thinks its ok to treat me like s**t.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

my brother

Drifty, there will always be a reason that could make you want to drink. Its up to you if you do or not. Maybe try and distance yourself a little (emotionally) from your brother?
          Dont blow your AF time over someone else tho.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

my brother

Drifty, try not to let your brother's problems become your promlems.. if you relapse, he wins.

Comment

my brother

Drifty,
              Don't let him play you. Keep your resolve. I completely agree with Veritas, who speaks the truth (nice choice of name, Ver!)
              Maybe get out of the house for a while? Take a walk, go to the mall, go to a movie, just to lower the tension?
              - Tulipe
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

my brother

Drifty .. well done on your 7 days. I agree, don't let your bro's words and actions change your work on yourself. You're doing so well - keep it up.

I also agree with distancing yourself, at least emotionally, from your brother right now. He's obviously not a positive or supportive influence for you at this time, and you have to work on you right now. Choose to totally "ignore" if you can ... If he calls you a name, just keep going about your business as though you didn't hear him. If he "demands" a response, just say that you've chosen not to partake in his negative bullying (or insert the correct words as it pertains to your circumstances).

Remember, he can't force you to react. You are in control of you.

Be strong - you can beat this. Hopefully, eventually, you two will have a better relationship.

((hugs))
                AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X