X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm - question re Topa

Hey guys
    Just wondering - for those of you who take topa
    I am noticing - as I am really getting used to my dose (still at 125mg - tried to go up to 150 mg but found a little bit of the dopa coming back and I cant have that right now with my job because some major projects are going on, so I have to be sharp)..but I digress.

...One of the nicest things I have noticed about the topa (other than, of course, reducing how much I drink, decreasing how much I want to drink in a sitting, decreased cravings - notice i do not say NO CRAVINGS - because we all know its not only about taking a pill!..)is that I find a general "calming" feeling in my brain....
    Do other people taking topa find this? I find this very pleasant - and it really helps me to refrain, or delay drinking...or drink less than I used to. Could this be from the topa working on the gaba (increasing the gaba in the brain?) and decreasing the glutamate (which causes the "excitement" of the craving as I understand it)? (Dont know if anyone can answer this or even if its important, I just like to know how these things work...)

Do other people find this?

Hugs
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Calm - question re Topa

Dear Jen,

I found that very same reaction from the CD's believe it or not! Are you listening to the CDs also? I am not on topa and have not tried the gaba yet. Just an overall calmness that helped me not have cravings then allowing me to reduce the alchol to a level where there is no anxiety created from the alcohol. At least I think alcohol consumption lead to some of my anxiety.

I hear you about being sharp at work, gotta be there or just overwhelmed.

You are doing so great!
    Hugs and Love,
    Mary

Comment

Calm - question re Topa

Mary you are the best.
      Love ya
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
      X