Trazadone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trazadone.

Another med i was just ordered. By the time i get home from work i am so wound up it takes a few hours to sleep or i eat myself helpless. Anyone take this? I plan to start when i have at least 3 days in a row off. Between Topa, and my other Med, i can't imagine being able to keep pace at work without anyone knowing i take these things to stay human.

:thanks:
    An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Trazadone.

ive taken trazadone. it is a sleep med. i take valerian now which is herbal or you can take melatonin. you will defidently sleep on trazadone

Comment

Trazadone.

Several of us here take Trazadone.

I took one last night. :-)

50 mg works for me but others need 100 mg.

It is a safe non-addictive sleep aid.

HTH,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Trazadone.

we who are so humble take many meds,read the directions and youll be fine,gyco

Comment

Trazadone.

I've taken trazadone too. Mostly used now to help for sleep. It is also used to help with depression. It works with no groggy feeling in the morning.

I have it now if needed, but use valerian first and then the trazadone if it's a tough night.

sweet dreams

Winefree

Comment

Trazadone.

I was on a very low dose of Trazadone almost 2 years ago. Within 20 minutes I was OUT like a light. I couldn't even string a sentence together as I was spaced and slurry. The thing I didn't like about it was that I felt groggy until 3pm the next day. I couldn't function.

I take 2 Melatonin/3mgs a night now and it takes about an hour to kick in. I love it.

Comment

Trazadone.

I take Trazadone to help me sleep and it's been fabulous. I take 2 tabs (100mg) at night. The Rx says to take 1-4 tabs (50-200mg). I used to take Ambien but I started forgetting what I said/did on it. Very scary. I thought it might have been the alcohol -- which some of it may have been -- but too many weird things happened and I wanted to get off of it. Traz works great for me. A little groggy in the am but nothing major.

Comment

Trazadone.

I used to take Trazodone for depression and anxiety and at first it was a GODSEND as it was the only thing that could put me to sleep. However, a few months on I didn't like how it made me feel - like I was in a bubble, so I stopped taking it. However, I still have the tabs and take them occassionally if I really can't sleep (though that problem has lessened a lot since I stopped drinking copious amounts!)

I guess like all meds they suit some people and not others - O hope your experience of them is good.
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Trazadone.

I'm so tired all i want to do is sleep! The first nite, it knocked me out. I could barely drive the next day. Today i am still groggy and stiff all over? Have low-tolerance to meds, so this may not be for me. How many pills is enough? I don't think alot of pills are good? Do we live on them forever? I feel worst.
                  An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Trazadone.

iirene,

You could try cutting the tabs in half.

What dosage are they?

I take 50 mg. However, I don't take them every night. Just those nights when sleep won't come.

I also won't take them if I get past the 8 hours sleep possibility.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Trazadone.

ps. If you have gone over a week AF, Melatonin is also a great natural sleep aid.

Some take 3 mgs, in rehab they gave me 6 mgs. It works well and I don't get the morning droopies from it.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X