Just got my Baclofen need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Baclofen but I already took naltrexone and have drank today. Do I take it anyway? Wait till tomorrow? Don't want to have AL in my system and end up having something bad happen.
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Go ahead and take it, wont do anything at a beginning dose.
    What we've been recommending to people is 5mg three times a day for people worried about drowsiness.
    If you want to be aggressive with it, you can start out at 10mg three times a day to get it into your system. Depends on you and your personality.
    I titrated up from 10-20mg/day while drinking 24/7 the first several days of baclofen, mainly because I didnt think it would help.
    Then I when I went back to work after a 9day bender while I was off work. I stopped drinking and doubled my dose to 20mg three times a day and never drank again.
    I was very drowsy but glad I jumped up so fast. 4 days later I was taking 80mg total per day and that was in shock that I didnt have any desire to drink and by that time I had no cravings.

good luck, many of us have not had a problem with drinking while starting baclofen and that's kind of expected seeing as how we are alcoholics. It also helps with alcohol withdrawal

Comment

Thanks Bill. hugs!
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

and dont operate heavy equipment or machinery while drunk and taking baclofen

Comment

Thanks guys! I put the keys to the backhoe away while I was at it too! LOL

Comment

Mr. Bill

How long have you been AF? And are you still taking the Baclofen?

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

LOL Zen!!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I quit in March so over 3 months and nope, have not drank a drop since. Only one craving I can recall as I told Zenstyle via PM, out of the blue, I was walking around to get healthy. I go for walks and often stop into shops and just walk the aisles to see if there is any cool gadgets or some great deal.
                Well I went up to check out some barbecue promo setup. Just looking around and next to one of the barbecues up front was like 3-4 cases of coors light.
                Something about the beer and barbecue stuff gave me a bit of a longing for it. I think I just sort of reached out and touched the boxes and purred "beer" under my breath

It quickly dissipated and that's the only thing I have had since and it wasnt really a craving because there's no way I would drink now. Just though triggered some fond memories of fun and sun and bbq. But baclofen gives my logical brain a chance to rationally think and remember that long ago I drank all the fun out of the bottle. And I just continued on my walkabout

Oh and yes, I still take baclofen. I dont plan on going off of it. It's like a diabetic needing insulin. I really can't fathom the thought of going to where I am now back to where I was. My life improved dramatically in a very short period of time with my wife taking me back after I told her about my baclofen success. If she found that I drank one drink she'd be on the first plane back to Australia.

I can be pretty lax about my dosing but I generally aim for 100mg/day. I went up to 120mg/day very quickly then backed off to 100mg/day. Lately Ive been more liberal about taking extra doses. Like 20 mg once or twice more a day.

Unlike ordering online where cost is a concern for many. I get mine with a prescription so for me it works out to 5cents per pill. That's the cheapest way to go besides online. 4rx is by the cheapest online source and everyone has gotten their order here on this forum. Whereas others have used Canadian pharmacies and reported some shipments not getting through customs. To my knowledge that hasnt occurred with 4rx, plus as a bonus, 4rx is like 1/3 the price of Canadian pharmacies, bonus.
                BUT, still way cheaper to get a prescription given that I dont plan on going off of it.
                it cost me 5 cents per pill. I believe River Pharmacy that alot of people have used charges almost a dollar a pill, meaning I would be taking 10$ worth of baclofen if I used them per day compared to 50 cents a day with prescription. 4rx would be I believe 2.50$ a day. Not great but still would say you thousands over other pharmacies over months to years that is required to continuously take baclofen

Comment

And even at $2.50 a day, less than a bottle of wine a day!

Comment

Working...
                  X