The Non-PC Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Non-PC Zone

ok you non politically-correct rabble rousers! you radical counter-culture ragamuffins!

this is the place to say it like it is, front line reporting that the 'bought and paid for' alphabet soup media wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

this is NOT the place for Republican vs Democrat bickering, that is sooooo unfashionable! this is the place for some hard core info sharing.

so kick back, light a Cuban and think outside the box.......
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

The Non-PC Zone

Um, I thought the "counter-culture" were the politically correct...?

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

The following video is by a guy named Dr. Bob Basso acting*as Thomas Paine. Since the release of this video, he has been requested (??summoned??) to come to the White house to meet with Obama. Seems Obama was "disturbed" by this presentation.*

this is a truly fantastic piece, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8kLaEuAoxg[/video]]YouTube - Thomas Paine's American Revolution
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

ok, counter counter culture!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

here is the first in a series of speeches by Dr Basso. The audio on this first one is pretty low but they are all well worth the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqLmDZfy9ww&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - bob basso indy 1

I'm pleased to see he's running as an independent.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

so...... we passed Cap and Tax. what have we really done? does anyone REALLY know?

http://newledger.com/2009/06/cap-and...uption-stupid/
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

food for thought on this Independence Day 2009

these revolutionaries knew that daring to break free from an overbearing all-controlling government would require them to give absolutely everything they had.

4TH OF JULY
              Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence ?
              Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.
              Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.
              Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the
              Revolutionary War.
              They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.
              What kind of men were they?
              Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.
              Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his Ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.
              Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.
              Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer,
              Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.
              At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British
              General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.
              Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed.
              The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.
              John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their13 children fled for their lives.
              His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste.
              For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.
              So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.
              Remember: freedom is never free!
              I hope you will show your support by sending this to as many people as you can, please. It's time we get the word out that the Fourth of July has more to it than beer, picnics, and baseball.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Hey Det,
                They called it a revolution for a reason. Very interesting. As I teach a fair amount of American history in my classes, my students might enjoy this. (Please tell where you got the info.) We just discussed the 4th of July yesterday. Some of my students have been through their own revolutions in their countries, too (though none currently).

Thanks.

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

CS, bless you for teaching our kids actual history! we have friends with kids that come home pumped full of some of the most frighteningly insane sugar-coated crap I've ever heard. they might as well stay home and watch MSNBC/ABC/CNN etc.

the above excerpt is I believe from this book which I have been meaning to obtain and read but not quite gotten round to:

Amazon.com: The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World: W. Cleon Skousen: Books
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Det.....my Oldest son (21) was an organizer of the Annapolis Tea Party this past week. Funny how their were hundreds of them and no one but FOX News even mentioned it. IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

IAD that's a shame. lots of tea party activity here that's not getting coverage by the press either.

now I'f something 'important' like a hotdog eating competition were taking place.....top story!

barf!!!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Det, Thomas Paine died a barfly. Towards his end a friend found him in a pub and had to wash him pesonally 3 times to get rid of the smell. OK he was a Brit but did inspire a lot of the Dec of Ind wording
                        Long Road
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

bloody poms!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

They hide their keys under the soap
                            Long Road
                            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Non-PC Zone

Australians didn't have to fight a violent insurrection 2 achieve independence. But the founding fathers had to make 30 years worth of submissions to the Commons. In the end the Brits gave in probably because we were (mostly) white, and therefore apparently capable of running our own affairs, as we had done 4 130 years. If ure nation was non white U weren't so lucky. To this day the Australian Constitution is an Act of British parliament. Well at least we weren't settled by the French
                              Long Road
                              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X