Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I need help

Good evening all!

This is my first time reaching out! So bare with me!

Here is my life story - Here goes my concern- I am now on my second marriage - 2 yrs this october.. we have a little one on the way. I have the most amazing life.. my wife is a absolute dream! She is just perfect.. so no marriage issues.. But I have a fear that is very deep inside...

My cravings for beer has become more and more... I think I may been officially 13-15 days with having atleat 4-6 beers.. I do not drink the hard stuff or wine or mixed drinks.. but the beer wow.. I think i have spent the last few yrs telling my self because I try to be healthy.. no soda, just coffee, water, beer that this is ok. I find myself trading workouts for a beer.. I find myself thinking going out for dinner is a free night to toss half a dozen beers back.....

The weekends I seem to wake up hung over more than not!!! It scares me because I can still function under a dozen beers...

This is troublesome to me.. I THINK I MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM...! Can you have a problem just being a beer drinker?

What does one do? I want to be a good father I want to be a good husban... I want to have the energy to hang with my baby and wife...

You know I find myself looking for other ways.. subscribing to all kinds of workout programs.. diets.. etc..

I am the master of excuses I think..

I really appreciate any support advise..

I think I need help

Hi Chad!
    Welcome, and yes, you can have a problem with just beer. A lot of people here only drink beer. I personally am a wine drinker, and I too thought for many years that because I didnt drink "liquor" that certainly I could not be an alcoholic. My idea of an alcoholic was some homeless person staggering down the street on the way home from the liquor store with an upturned liquor bottle in a brown bag! LOL

Basically, if you THINK you have a problem, then you probably do. If it is infringing on things that are important to you such as time with your wife, your relationships, your working out, getting things done, feeling as good as you normally would during the day, waking up as refreshed in the morning, etc... you know what I'm talking about.

This is an AWESOME program and it really works if you implement it. Many people just pick a few vitamins and take them and then wonder why the program doesnt work for them. Although there ARE many here who have success without taking any medication and only take the supplements. If you choose that route, I highly encourage you to take all the supplements, especially the anti-craving ones. If you havent gotten the book yet, please get it as soon as you can. You can even download it right here off the website and print it at home. It will explain the whole program. It will show you how to either abstain from drinking completely, or how to moderate your drinking to healthy limits. I have gone from drinking one of the those big liter things of red wine a night to drinking one to two glasses a night, sometimes NONE because I just dont want it. Amazing for me. Six months ago I would not have believed it.

You have so much to be excited about and an incredible wife and baby on the way! If you can get this thing turned around now, you will be so glad down the road. I didnt think I would enjoy life more without the wine, but it really is better... I promise!

Good luck!
    Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

I think I need help

Chadtracy,
      Yeah, as Allie said, you have a problem. So do I, welcome to the club. Beer is my weakness too. This past month has been one of my worst in the past year. I started counting my daily consumption July 2005. This August average was 8 beers a day with several days that were 10's. Not good and not where I want to be, but it is the reality for now.
      Join the journey here with us all.
      Take care,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

I think I need help

Thank you for your support I have decided to move forward with the program

Comment

I think I need help

chadtracy wrote: Thank you for your support I have decided to move forward with the program
          Yay! Me too as of today.
          ~Laura

Insanity
          : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I need help

Welcome Chad. I echo what Allie said. With a new baby on the way hopefully you will not have the time or energy to keep drinking as much so this might be a good time to start. I, like you and many, thought I did not have a problem because I am only a wine drinker. Problem is, it is lots of wine, or it was anyhow. I hope you will stick with it. Your wonderful wife and baby will need you to be clearheaded. Being a first time parent is exhausting and you do not want to be hungover on top of it all. Please let us know how you are making out.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I think I need help

alcoholism is a progressive disease
              please treat it with extreme caution

Comment

Working...
              X