Wednesday August 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday August 30th

Kathy where are you? Hard for me to know what day it is with out you. This isnt a private message. I guess it is the start of today but I suck at it. Just waiting for the mayor. I'll get the coffee. gabby
    PS...no smart a** comments from you Mackeral
    Gabby :flower:

Wednesday August 30th

Good morning Abbsville,

Got up early and watched Beth Moore on Daystar network @ 7:00............. My day is off to a good start ......she has some insight into scripture I've never heard.........been a "church" girl all my life!

Her topic today was: The captivity of activity
    The story of sisters in Luke 10:38-42. One sister named Martha and one CALLED mary. Mary in the old Hebrew is Mara which means "bitter. Doesn't say what happened to her to make her bitter, but it was probably the death of a child or husband.
    Anyway......she sat at Jesus' feet while her sister Martha ran around doing "all the work". Martha tells on Mary and ask Jesus to "tell her to help me"!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds just like me...running around and very busy and getting ill about it. soooooooooooooo
    Mary was DESPARATE...she had to have healing....that only happends at the feet of Jesus.
    I found when my son was in Iraq, to "be still" and sit at His feet to find Peace and healing.
    We are so "busy" with our lives and doing all that is required of us.......that we forget where to go for Peace and healing.

This is my testimony.....I only get blessed with healing when I get DESPARATE.
    I hope everyone of us gets desparate enough to be healed!

Love you all,
    Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Hmmm? Where Am I???

Good Morning Dear Abbers!

Your illustrious leader didn't write her post late last night Sorry all. I don't know if it was this site or my computer, but when I sat down to do it, I kept getting error messages when I tried to get on MWO! It was discouraging. I was able to get on later, but by that time I was so tired, I couldn't think straight!! This morning, my response to the alarm was to put my pillow over my head to drown the darn thing out!

For some reason, I got to thinking about people slipping after a good length of sobriety, maybe a few months or even longer. I think most people either get cocky or might think (hope?) they can have control, and need to put it to the test. So they drink. We all know what the usual results are! I used to know a terrific substance abuse counselor, a truly wise man, and when people with some sobriety would come to him and say that they weren't sure if they were alcoholics, he would counsel them to drink, and see what happened. That always got them thinking!!!

So for those who have slipped, maybe a good way to think about it is that you have done a scientific experiment (recommended by an expert!!!), and now you know the results and can use them! I know that, for me, I can stay in control for a bit, but it inevitably goes downhill, eventually. I haven't found the magic answer, even with the topamax.

Anyway, espec. for Gabsters, I don't know why on earth you don't think you could serve as Mayor! You have plenty of wise, caring things to say. Is it just getting started that scares you??? Cause I'm thinking of nominating you girl, so start thinking about it!

To everyone who was on yesterday, especially those new to Absville, I offer a very warm welcome!:l I hope you will find all the support and encouragement you need! To everyone who has been here, you're the best! And welcome back to those who have been on hiatus, for one reason or another! It's just great to see our town bustling again!

Love to all,

Kathy:h

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Very good thoughts, Nancy! Blessings to you! Kathy

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Hey Abbers!

Just poking my nose in here to say hi to everyone! I've not been around in Absville for a couple of weeks but I'm still a committed resident! Just needed a break after my weeks as "mayor," I guess... Not to mention the ghastly atmosphere that percolated throught the boards last week...okay, 'nuf said about THAT!

Also, and this is actually good news, I've found that as time goes on I really do spend less and less time thinking about alcohol and about "not drinking"...so although I do love coming on here and chatting to all you lovely folks, I don't feel the same need for support that I did earlier...it's only taken almost five months to get to this point....

I hope this doesn't sound waaay too selfish...I just want to get across that we do eventually find ourselves freer of the cravings and compulsions... like so many other things worth achieving, it takes time and determination...so hang in there...

It's almost time for me to return to seminary for my final year (I hope!)--after taking 6 years to complete a 3-year program... I guess you all can figure out why it's taken me so long, huh? Lotsa wine! And some beer, a little vodka, rum....:upset:

Okay, gotta run...and thanks to everyone who sent me a private message recently--I'll get back to y'all as soon as I can!

Have a great AF day everyone!
          :h
          susan
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

good to hear from you susan!!!!!

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

I love Beth Moore!

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

I second that emotion, Gabbsters. Wow, back to the seminary, Susan!! All the best! And thanks for the words of encouragement!

Hugs, Kathy

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Hiya All Abbers,
                  Would'nt dream about making a smart comment about you Gabby....What would give you that idea?
                  I think you would make a good mayor aswell...I know i put myself up recently for next week but thinking about it i've had quite a few go's at it and i think it would be good for Absville to get a fresh aproach...Plus Kathys shoes are gonna be hard to fill.....
                  We have got a photographer coming round today to do an article on my daughter being this years rushbearing queen...She is really excited...shes not the shy type..the more cameras and peoples eyes pointing at her the better...a real girly girl...She gets to meet the mayor ( not Kathy sadley ) open shops, start horse races..stuff like that.
                  Will be back on later...let you know how it went...Better give my lisa a hand making the place sparkly...
                  Have a good day all.......Mackeral
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Dont give Gabby Coffee....ssshhhhhhhhh...
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you are planning to stick around Abbsville during September? I've had my eye on a lovely home there for some time and am scheduled to close on it the first of the month.... I'm looking forward to getting to know the neighbors!

Mike
                      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Nancy, That was good. I sometimes catch the sermons on tv tho I rarely watch TV. Sometimes they are the best. I'm glad you shared that with us.

Thanks guys for the nice sentiments about mayor. But the starts would be short if I did it. Plus I am always late.

Jenn, are ya settled in yet? HOw many days is it for you now?

And Matt....sure was good to hear from you yesterday. 70 days! And you have been doin it the hard way. Good for you! Please dont be so scarce now. Always like to hear what you have to say.

Lucky...I hope you are feeling better today. Tell us what we can do to help you feel more comfortable and trusting here. Private message anyone of us if you like.

And Mackeral....not sure but I was wondering if you used to be a plummer. I thought I saw a plummers bu** up there somewhere. Or maybe you are into the new trends these days and like "saggin* is it called?
                        Not sure....so I thought I would ask. Maybe the kids would know.

And hi there to everybody who hasnt posted yet. I gotta get some stuff done before the day is gone again. bye gabby

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Oh hi there Mike, Hurry before the intrest rate changes. And a huge welcome. gabbs
                          and oh...if you need any help with plumming ask mac.

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Hey Gabbs,

You gotta get up pretty early to beat the Brits. That's why I try to post the morning post the night before--a little trick that was started by Ms. Sujul, our beloved Susan!!

Comment

Wednesday August 30th

Gabby
                              I'm not counting days this time. It's been more than 5 but less than 10. I am having lots of "trigger" moments and have had one slip up. I am determined to make it, though. Thanks for asking.
                              Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X