Soul Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Recovery

Research has shown that addicts use their drug of choice to self medicate as a way to deal with and suppress complex issues and energies within their psyche, which may feel overwhelming to them.

However, the repetitive use of substances to control these highly activated energies eventually leads to them being turned inwards causing blocked emotions and trauma for the individual. Continuous suppression of these energies creates anxiety for the individual not only when their addiction is active, but often more so when they are in recovery and they are no longer using substances to suppress unconscious traumas. Blocked energies within the individuals psyche can quickly re-surface once the drug of choice is no longer being used which can explain why the incidence of relapse is so high for many addicts in recovery. The pull for many in recovery to return to old patterns of behaviour is so strong because of the emotions that are reactivated when the suppressed energies start to become conscious again.

Individuals with addictive behaviours usually carry many wounds and hurts from childhood as well as from their day-to-day life, which they have not been able to deal with appropriately and which as a result has transpired into blocked energy. Often the individual will have no idea how to cope with the amount of blocked energy they carry in their body and they quickly learn to disassociate from it. A common trait of many people with addiction issues is a lack of trust in themselves and the world, and as a consequence they often make the decision on an energetic level to ?leave the world? because of the pain of being locked in the past. Awareness of the internal dilemma facing individuals who choose to surrender their drug of choice explains why for many people the journey back to optimal functioning can be long and arduous.

HeartStream have created a workshop designed to address the issues facing people in their early stages of recovery which is aimed at supporting people to come back into their bodies and re-experience the primary feelings which are necessary for the recovery process to begin. We whole heartedly believe that by supporting people to move into their primary feelings, whether they be loss, grief, sadness, remorse or fear, they will undoubtedly have more energy and drive to attend to their recovery process. HeartSteam are committed to bringing their workshop programmes into treatment centres to support anyone who has the desire to live their life free from their drug of choice by enabling them to experience and identify feelings as well as look at issues of a personal /systemic nature which maybe impeding their early stages of recovery.

HeartStream is committed to putting the needs of the individual first, initially by creating a safe space for clients to work in, then utilizing a combination of experiential processes which include Family Constellations, Hot Seat and Integrated Breathwork which are all aimed at enabling individuals to view themselves and the world in a different way. Our goal is for all participants to come to a new place of personal understanding and a physical experience of safety and unconditional love no matter how they show up in the room.

I am attending a workshop myself over the week-end of 11th/12th July and have been reading up a lot about Family Constellations today but wondered if anyone here has experienced this type of thing themselves and could give me some feedback.

Thanks
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Soul Recovery

No offence intended to anyone, but quitting drinking is definitely the `easy` part.

I believe we are continually at risk of relapse unless we strive to find our own personal inner peace. THAT, unfortunately, is one enormously tall order.........

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Soul Recovery

Wholeheartedly agree with you Star; and if people wanna take offence then let em.

I believe addiction or alcoholism has nothing to do with the substance anyway. They are just symptoms of our deep underlying issues that lead us to abuse them in the first place hoping to fill that empty void. Filling that void for me comes by living a more spiritual life and all that that encompasses. I couldn't do that while in active addiction so now I have the opportunity and the tools to do that I'm gonna give it my best shot no matter how scary it gets at times (and it will.)

Great to see you posting Star. Will catch up properly soon and send you an e-mail
      Hope you're well and in good spirits.
      Love and Happiness
      Phil
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Soul Recovery

Thanks Phil, very interesting. I have only just begun to explore my spiritual side and as Star states, that also includes finding inner peace. And quitting drinking is just one aspect of being able to search our souls and find out who we truly are, as we have been either hiding or avoiding this with alcohol or drugs or both.

I am excited about this journey and look forward to how it unfolds. Great to see both you and Star here and appreciate your sharing your thoughts and insight. You sound magnificent.

R2C
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
        :h

Comment

Soul Recovery

well in alot of way yes when i quit doing coke all i did was stop using and just kept on drinking and now that i have stop drinking all togerther and not usig anything but maybe pain pills .. for back pain and not everyday just when need .. i think of the pass alot but there is no way in hell i would ever go back to what happen and if i ever did it would be my choice to ..not because of emotions that i have learn to deal with ..
          thanks for sharing hippie love ya buddy
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
          X