August 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 30th

Hi, Forgive me for starting this new thread when I am new to moderation but I am now two days AF and I am just so happy I had to share. I had the thought last night as I was jones-ing for a drink that I really do not HAVE to drink but that I really WANT to most of the time. I plan to be AF for two more nights and then see if I can moderate over the weekend. That will be the real test. I feel so much lighter and not so bloated this morning from just two nights without a drink but I must say my sleep is better when I have had a few. I would be thrilled if I could get a grip on this, not over-indulge, and be able to be AF four nights a week. I turn 40 in October and what better gift can I give myself and my family? Thanks RJ for starting this board so people like me have a place to turn to. It has really helped to alleviate the internal stress that goes on most of the time because I have no one to talk to about this........Have a good day everyone!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

August 30th

Good morning!

Hey there
    Congratulations on your progress! - don't ever apologize for starting a thread especially when you are proud of what you have accomplished. We are all working hard and you should feel really really great today. What a feeling!!!:happy:
    I hope everyone else is great as well:
    Mary - hope your dad is doing well! How is he? How are you doing - are you leaving some "you time" in there?? Remember - you gotta have some you time too!! :h
    Jude - how are ya, my dear? I missed ya while you were in LV - miss chatting with you too in Chat - I have been so busy at work but I am going to try and get in there over the next couple of days to see if i can catch up with ya!
    Rachele - have you started the topa yet? How are you feeling??
    Soccermom Mary - How are you doing? Sounds like you are doing great with the mods and you sound so positive in your posts - Keep going! (By the way, your posts make me smile - you are a beautiful person, too!
    Trish - how is it going without the topa? Are you feeling better with the supps etc. alone?
    Laura - how is the little cowboy??
    Sophie - still looking forward to stories about Japan!

And if I have missed anyone, ssooooo sorry - hope everyone is great!
    As for me, I am going to try to up my dose of topa over the next week or so as things wind down (hopefully!) at work....
    I also desperately need a vacation so I am looking to book at least a few days off over the next couple of weeks.
    Going to go for abs for the next couple of days. Need a body cleanse and also to see whether this dose of topa is working for the cravings at least...I find for me, the biggest struggle is the habit...something I really need to work on and that is something I really need to put at the forefront of my plan for next month...
    Hugs all
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

August 30th

Hi everyone,
      It will take me a while to get to know everyone..yes, partly because I do find that the Topamax affects my mental capacity slightly :0), not that it wasn't affected already..To answer someone's questions yesterday, I am at 12 weeks and think I'll stay at 150 for a while...I toggled between 150-175-200 for several weeks and just felt like crap on the 200, so the 150 seems to work ok, but I have to say my appetite has returned this week for the first time in the whole 3 months, and I'm not thrilled about that..but also I have some relationship stuff going on that is my core trigger stuff..at least I'm not drinking..I'm hoping I'll be back on track in that department as well, I sort of do weight watchers and have enjoyed the appetite suppresant quality of the Top..oh well, can't have everything! Oh, I'm also couldn't handle 100mg at a time either when I got up to 200mg..I was cutting them in half, so now I go the doctor to prescribe the 50mg and I'm taking it 3 times a day, that helps too..I'm 5'6" and seem to be very sensitive to the dosing..it may be that 175 is the better dose, it seems that the side effects may have been less with the 175 than with the 150 or the 200..so I asked him to also give me a prescription for hte 25mg so that I can adjust if I need to..it really is that sensitive...

Comment

August 30th

I wanted to say I'm 5'6" and about 140lbs..give or take 5 lbs...I don't know if it matters, but my point is that I've been surprised..shouldn't be though because Roberta does say that you'll find the dosage that is right for you...but I'm finding that the difference of 25mg can make a huge difference...

Comment

August 30th

Hi Dilayne
          Im sorry I missed you!!! Welcome - looking forward to getting to know you better - I know that the topa can be a really sensitive thing. I am only at 125 mg and I am still finding the dopa effects a little disheartening. I hope to adjust to it soon though....
          Hugs
          Jen

Comment

August 30th

Hi ya'll! Couldn't post yesterday... computer problems, but finally able to get in here now! Maybe I messed something up trying to load all of our Vegas pics on...(more than likely... ), have to have Hubby check it out later!

Hope everybody is doing well. Just wanted to pop in & say "Hi!"

I've had cramps & backache, the past 2 days, so just lazing @ home. Not sure what's worse... wasting 2 days off, not doing hardly anything... or having to work, feeling like this! Oh well. Feelin better than yesterday... maybe I'll still get in a slow & mellow paddle later. I'm sure that'd be the best thing for me.

Blackberries should be good & ripe...maybe I'll go pick a bunch!
            Hugs, Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

August 30th

Hi all,

Welcome Lush! Posting is a First come. first post type thing around here. thanks for doing that today and for being so inspirational in what you have accomplished! I have found I really like the AF days especially when I am under a lot of stress, sounds weird but the reasoning is, when I drink I think the alcohol causes me more anxiety so better to lose that extra worrisome feeling by not drinking and adding to my body's stress.

Jen, you have been working so hard lately you do need a break. glad you are going to take some time.

Judie, plain and simple we just missed you so much. Sorry you are not feeling well - I hope it isn't so bad this time around.

Dilayne, I think the greatest part of this program is everyone can do all or parts of it to suit their bodies and their lifestyle. I don't know as body size matters so much in how drugs and supps affect different people as much as what their chemistry dictates something will affect them and how. Good luck on this finding the right place.

Soccermom Mary, keep up the great work, you are inspirational to all of us. You have a lot on your plate and you are still keeping a good eye on your health - wonderful!

Oh Trish, so glad to hear from you. I think you are at that really tough time space, it will get easier after awhile. Hope you feel better soon.

Mary Anne, hope getting back from Vegas has been good. You two sound like it was a lot of fun together!

Rachele, hope you are feeling much better today!

My dad, still in hospital, stil working on getting out of the bed on his own. tough haul but thanks Jen for asking.

I went home and took a quick nap and didn't wake up until a quarter to ten. OOOOPS! Even missed calling all of them as that seemed a bit late. Had a bowl of soup and went back to sleep. Definitely fighting something. So AF again yesterday.

Hope all you wonderful ladies have a beautiful day!
              Hugs and Love,
              Mary

Comment

August 30th

Hi All,
                Not to chatty today.
                I wanted to say welcome to Lush.

Our local animal shelter had a story on the front of the paper stating they are full of kittens right now and if they don't get adopted they will be put to sleep, so I printed off the adoption forms. Still thinking about it, hubby wants to wait, but they need a home and we have one. I haven't told the kids yet, might still change my mind before the weekend.

Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

August 30th

Kittens

Hey Laura
                  Thats kind of what happened in our area - hence why i ended up with a new little kitten in my home....sigh...they tug at the heart strings dont they...but they are a major commitment too I know...
                  Best of luck with your decision!
                  Hugs
                  Jen:h

Comment

August 30th

Kittens & kids... you can't go wrong! A match made in heaven!
                    Me being a kid @ heart! I oughta know...:H

My doggie's a "perma-puppy"-part kitty.. he's just confused! Picks on big dogs... but he's the size of a small cat! Big personality though!:h Oh he picks on the cat too... & gets his little butt kicked by him!... On a regular basis.
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                    X