sorry again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry again

will be going through withdrawal tomorrow, any help appreciated or just encouraging words. Thanks

sorry again

Bless you Sweetgum - I think most of us on the board know the feeling. Just try not to beat yourself up about it. Withdrawal means that you STOPPED drinking- hooray!

I hope you are in a safe place and have everything you need to make it as comfortable as possible. If it makes you feel better, post on here and document how you're feeling at each stage. Are you aiming for AF? If so, read it back when you're tempted and see you go from that awful feeling to the free, well feeling as you progress through it. Take care, Kim
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

sorry again

Sweet, we are here with you. we understand. hey im going to try (and i repeat try) 30 days AF tomorrow. do you want to join me? we can do this together. try and drink some water and join chat if you can. we understand

Comment

sorry again

Good for you for going for it. And please don't be sorry - ups and downs are all part of the process of learning about ourselves and moving forward. Please pop in tomorrow if you can, and as much as you can, and let us know how you're doing!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

sorry again

Sweet, stay close and get medical help if you need it. Make it the last time, it is soooooo worth it!

Winefree

Comment

sorry again

Hi sweetgum,
            Drink lots of water before you go to bed.
            Have as peaceful a Sunday as you can and gather your strength for the week ahead.
            We're all here, wishing you well.

Comment

sorry again

I have to admit. I have had slips in the past.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

sorry again

Haven't we all.

Comment

sorry again

Hi SG,
                  Good luck with the WD. Do you have anything to help you? I agree, water with lemon juice is great and good tasting too! Look forward to hearing how you are doing.
                  Tulipe
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

sorry again

Hey Sweetgum hope you are doing ok. I am on day 2 and feel pretty rubbish, am sat on here, the sun is beating down outside, my son is trying to chat to me and I am just completely zoned out really (poor kid). He thinks I am just dull I guess. However, tomorrow will be better, and for you as well, it just gets better and better. There is a thread on here under holistic healing that talks about how much better you will feel and quite quickly as well. Stick with it, the rewards will be great.
                    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

sorry again

i just had a big fight with my husband, he pushed me and i hurt my leg, he is so sick of me and i dont blame him, he doesnt understand why i cant 'just stop' like its that easy, I have no-one to turn to and feel desperate

Comment

sorry again

((hugs)) ...(and apologies in advance for my usual lengthy post - lol)

I don't really have any good experience with regard to physical fights, etc. ... (well, except that my dad drank a lot, and he and my mom used to argue/fight similar to what you mentioned) ... But I do have a spouse who wouldn't understand, so I didn't tell him or ask for help -- Maybe you can do this on your own, too, for YOU .. at least for right now .. and just let hubby sit by the sidelines for while? ... Btw, may I ask, is this the first time your husband has put his hands on you like that? It's OK that he's frustrated, but it's not OK to push or hit. Have you had a chance to talk with him since the argument? Did he apologize? Do you have kids, and did they happen to see/hear this?

You mentioned you didn't have anyone to turn to. Do you mean no family or friends nearby at all? How about a hospital for detox? Or your doctor, at least to chat things out a little? Maybe your husband could come with you? .. (I'm not sure how it works where you live.. and I don't have any experience in that regard ... Just throwing out suggestions.)

Me, I drank for a long time .. years .. mostly in secret, hidden stashes, drank at work, etc. (up until almost 3 weeks ago) -- 750 ml of rum or vodka per day, every day, starting first thing in the morning. The worst of it was in the last couple of years, and a few weeks ago I just "knew" it was time to do something, before something bad happened health-wise, or I ended up drinking my life away some other way - I'm 44 .... So, in secret, just like my drinking, I decided to get sober. ... I tapered and went through withdrawals on my own (while still going to work and being at home) ... and didn't tell my husband or anyone except the great people here on MWO. It was scary and tough, but I came out the other side in pretty good shape (so far, so good). .. My husband thinks I just decided to cut back for health/weight purposes, and I switched to having a light beer every now and then (ie., I'm not toally AF, but have no more than 1, maybe 2 light beers, if I choose to have them, and then only between 9:00 and 10:00 at night - semes to be working for me) ....

... I didn't feel telling my husband would help my particular situation .. in that I knew he wouldn't understand, and I'd probably be the one to feel frustrated and ashamed because of it. If you do think of doing it yourself, I posted about my first few days .. here's a link, in case it might help you. I re-read it from time to time, to remind myself what I did to myself.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ggy-34156.html

In any event, even if you don't have anyone there to turn to, remember you have us. Please stick close by if you can, OK? And, remember, you also have YOU. Turn away from your husband if you have to for a little while - choose not to argue, steer away from the negative - and turn to yourself (and us). You want a better life with lots of joy and happiness - you deserve that. We all do. If your husband isn't in the frame of mind to help right now, go ahead and take it on yourself, or with medical help, and ignore his negativity .... Hopefully he'll join in at some point. If he wants a happy life with you, let him know what he can do to help.

I hope today gets better for you. We all have to get through this in a way that works for us. I just want you to know I care and wish you the best. Hang in there, K? And keep on posting.
                        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

sorry again

Sweet,

It will just get better, and better, very slowly, but it will. I have been down this road before.

No, no one can understand unless they are in your shoes, like the people in this community. Before I became a drinker, I couldn't understand it either. But I do now, and so does everyone else here. Hang on, take one hour at a time.

I am starting over again. Sober this morning after a day of non-stop drinking, and it's time to start again, go through the withdrawal, stay sober. I had been sober for four months a while back, but then started drinking again, then drinking more and more. I had a horrible week at work, got in trouble for an honest mistake, all very stupid. Instead of letting it go and moving on, I decided to "reward myself" by drinking at home all weekend. Enter severe depression, disgust, shame.

So, it's time for me to close that door, and walk on into the sunlight. You will be ok, and then more than ok. Keep going, baby yourself, have as a goal to just get through the withdrawal, don't worry about things. And post on here, you are in good company!

RW

Comment

sorry again

That being said, please post often, all, I need your fellowship in starting over again. I have found myself feeling so isolated lately, and the drinking was my "comfort" and my curse in further isolating me. Now, I know I need to have some kind of connection to others, and I am asking you all to keep posting. I really enjoy reading your entries and I admire you so much! Cacky, yes, I'll join you for the 30 days! With you in touch, I feel more accountable.

I am sitting here, struggling about the decision to go to the local AA down the street for a meeting in a few hours. Unfortunately, I have felt like dirt the last two times I tried those meetings. I don't know if it would help or hinder, and I feel so emotionally fragile right now. It is so important to relate to others, and I have trouble feeling it. I have a job where I leave on Monday, get on a plane, get home Friday, always a different city, sometimes a different country. It can be a cool experience, and can be so very lonely, so different being alone. Add the recession, a pay cut that came with it, trying to make the bills every month (my job doesn't pay much, although it sounds like it would), and boy oh boy am I stressed!

Thanks for listening, friends. (tears)

RW

Comment

sorry again

I'm sorry Sweetgum.
                              It's horrible when things are bad.
                              Just try and remember that you are trying to help yourself and your family.
                              :l

Comment

Working...
                              X