X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAGE SCONES... FOR CS04

Preheat oven to 230 C
    Line an oven tray with baking paper.
    Or if you have those new silicone ones, don't bother with the paper. (First time I used one I was waiting for it to melt!!! But, I digress from the recipe.)
    Put flour and butter in a bowl and use fingertips to rub butter and flour together till it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
    (That's the part where I sometimes chaet and use a tinksy bit more butter)
    Add chives and sage and season with salt and pepper.
    Make a well in centre, add the milk and use a round bladed knife to stir until soft, sticky dough forms.
    Turn onto lightly floured board and pat out dough till it's about 2 cm / 1 inch thick
    Use a 21/2 inch pastry cutter dipped in flour to cut out scones.
    Or, take scone size pieces of dough and shape them by hand like my mum used to, or use a small tumbler like I do as I don't have pastry cutters.
    Place on tray, bake them about 10 mins or till golden brown and cooked through.

SAGE SCONES... FOR CS04

This sounds good as well, Rags. I made a Naan bread last week, I haven't baked much but the naan came out OK, I might try this.

Love the silicone liners, I've had mine for two or three years.
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

SAGE SCONES... FOR CS04

Hey Rags, I feel so honored that you started a thread for lil old me! But OH NO -- it's in metric! I may need translation help. What is SR flour -- self-rising? I also just checked a stick of butter, which is 8 Tbsp=4 oz.=113.4 grams, so I am guessing that 20 grammes of butter is about 2 Tbsp. You're right, that doesn't seem like much. I would add more, too.

And I already have the herb garden!

Comment

SAGE SCONES... FOR CS04

SR = Self Raising
        Yep, 2Tbsp butter. I cheat and add a bit more till it feels "right".
        Sorry about the metric. We changed from imperial in 1966, so I sort of work both. have no idea how tall I am in centimetres!

Comment

Working...
        X