X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
    Jim Rohn

"Then give to the world the best you have, And the best will come back to you."
    Madeline Bridges, from Life's Mirror

Wow Sunbeam!! She gave me the idea for the subject this week with her sharing on our June thread of all of the things she accomplished this past week-end whereas in the past the time would have been spent sitting on the porch and drinking. Here's a little of what she posted that she accomplished: "today I sanded, primed and finish coated 4 flat picture frames, hung cellular blinds on two more windows, primed the new handrail by our back door, touched up the back door from ding's from last year's home improvement project, pulled some weeds in the garden. Ah, the sweet satisfacton of accomplishments. I'm reading a great book called Spark..."

When we're not drunk or not nursing a hangover it is amazing the amount of things we can accomplish.

I've always said that alcohol is a demotivator. I swear my counterpart Adam12 drinks so little because he can feel just one glass of wine the next day. He's just not as motivated to jump out of bed and greet the day. No wonder some folks choose to go AF - they start to like how great they feel every morning.

As long as we can keep the modding under control I think most of us modders can enjoy the best of both worlds.

Anyone else want to share good things they've accomplished while drinking so much less than before??

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

Hi Modder friends,
    Well, things I've gotten accomplished over the past few weeks have added up. First and foremost, we watched my son play baseball all weekend. Since he's gotten back into his sports after an injury, I haven't missed a game. I'm proud of him. And I'm proud to say that I'm a mom that is present to see him play! A few years ago, I couldn't even make it to a one o'clock game, feeling hungover and so low. Sat. and Sun. morning, we were up at 4:30 a.m. because we had to travel a few hours to be ready for an 8 a.m. game. No problem!

I've also been exercising. Feels good. I think once and for all, I've kicked the nasty nicotine habit. I've not smoked for the past 1 1/2 weeks, and am happy to say am not relying on nicotine gum. The nicotine is out of my system. I feel free. I know anything is possible without alcohol. I'll be back to the mod squad tomorrow!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

accomplishments and orgainzation

J-Vo, so glad to hear from you!

Boy, I could go on and on about how my life is better, I accomplish more, I am better organized. I also believe I was in a depression for a couple of years; I went through some problem times involving my sister, and then my own health issues. That's when my drinking was at its worst, though it had crept up over the years. My orthopedic and neurological problems persist, but I am just dealing with them better. Last summer I was not really drinking to excess, but I hadn't yet realized how much better I feel if I don't drink at all. Even just one glass slows me down for the day. If I had that glass or two at 5:00, my evening was shot, and maybe even the next day diminished. That is OK once a week or less, to have a relaxing evening with wine, but I simply don't want more than that. The person I realy am is constantly doing something; my husband used to say, "why don't you just sit down for awhile?". Now I am reading more, since I do need to slow down, but I will just read an hour or so at a time, then be off to do something else. I don't have any piles of things to file, and my house is cleaner and in better cosmetic repair.

Druing my AF time, I got rid of most things in the basement we had not used in the three years since we had moved. I am now tackling more basement items, as well as the garage. Stuff does accumulate, but I am greatly reducing the number of things I have that "I might need sometime."

I am off work at home this week, and look forward to many accomplishments around the house this week and over the summer, when I will just be working two days per week. There will be no AL until we go on a short vacation, starting Sunday July 5.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

Hi folks, I'm really hoping this is a thread I can remember..Y'all have given me such good tools today! Hope I see you around.
        When it is not working out I hate to come on...it is when I need to most.
        Sooo, I'm gonna trying coming on when life is good.
        3 af day recently, followed by one normal sz, glass of wine at dinner the next 2 days was really good for me.
        I felt great, got more done and blew it...not in my usual way..more restrained, so I'm gonna feel less like a loser about that.
        see you folk,
        roly

Comment

Working...
        X