Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 31st

Good Thursday Morning, Abbers!

How are you all this morning?? I hope you are all well and well rested!

I want to give a warm welcome to Mike. Hope you'll put in your two cents frequently around here! And Lucky, there's no pressure to post, but I hope that you will feel welcome to post whenever you want! I'm glad you're hopping on the Abs Wagon! It's always nice to see you, too, Susan!

I'm looking forward to Gabby taking the reins next week, and after that Nancy and Belle. I think you will each have something unique and special to offer. Then we'll see about someone else!

Jenn, I don't count days either, I have about 3 consecutive weeks now, I think.....:H but I'm not really counting. I know I'm starting to feel more comfortable, and that's good enough for me.

Dieann, there's always a lesson to learn from a slip, and I'm glad you're back. Good luck with your Atkins plan. I've gotten to the point with carbs that I feel lousy when I eat the wrong carbs!

And you, Mr. Mack, I saved you for last, sir!! I know you're hoping that I won't notice that you mooned us all yesterday, haha!!! But I saw those chubby cheekers!! I also noticed you trying to act like you're doing US a favor by not running for Mayor. How about if we make you a Knight, or even a Prince for a week??? Given your antics of dropping your shorts, we can all address you as "Your Royal Heiney!":H

Happy Thursday, with Love

The Honorable

y: Book Antiqua;">Young At Heart

PS: I know this has been a light-hearted post, but I'll be on a little later with something more serious to say!
    More love:h Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Thursday, August 31st

Hi Guys,
    Just realised I haven't posted since Tuesday (But I have been good!) I read all the posts and think I'll come back later and do it then forget. I thinks it the dead brain cells fault. I did a flippant post last time about the counsellor I had an appointment with as I think deep down I was really hurt that they don't seem to see that I do know what I am talking about when it comes to alcohol and not my doctor or this counsellor asked what website was I talking about and had no interest. Grrrrrrrr..............I just get so frustrated! Glad to see everybody here and I don't count my days anymore either only cos my mind starts to play tricks on me! So its always best for me to take "one day at a time". AA does have some good sayings that I remember from when my Dad was going. My favourite is......................."it's not the last drink thats the problem, it's the first" and that so applys to me. Thats why I am here! Welcome Mike, I love having the men on board as well.
    Talk to you all soon
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hi everyone, just a quick one here. Havent caught up with posts so am just popping in for today and only see Kathy and Shas. Hey gals. Shas, looks like you are going well, keep it up. Kathy.. do you feel like sticking to abs yet or does it still feel temporary?

Things remain well with me. I dont intend to fall off this wagon, I can tell you.. its not worth the pain.
      Brigid

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Morning all, still abs but don't have my cleanse kit yet and I really hope that I get it today, because I want to begin full bore for 1 September and just have that daily thing going in sync with the month. Much easier for me to track and stay motivated that way.

Anyway, still hanging in there, work is crazy, the animals have fun taking over the sleeping quarters, but it's almost the weekend and there is much to do. BTW, it's odd that I began to celebrate with drinking as I got older because I was raised Mormon and all of the rest of my family still are, so they never drink, with the exception of my younger brother, who learned how to make his own beer...which was yummy, but he's slowed down alot too because he got into a bit of trouble with it, so it probably is a genetic thing with my family.

Have a great day all..

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Good morning all!
          This is the first place I come (after I brush my teeth!!) in the AM and it is such a comfort!
          Blessings to you all this beautiful day - the sun is shinning here - YEAH!!!
          I agree with you Shas about the first drink, not the last being a problem.
          Hey, if you haven't read RJ's post in General Discussion already - she is looking for feedback there. It might help her to go to Amazon and leave some positive feedback on her book to boost sales.
          Kathy, you are an awesome MAYOR!!
          I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
          Oh, and Brigid, I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say falling off the wagon is not worth the pain. OUCH!
          Not sure if any of you saw my posts about my 20 year old daughter's problems with alcohol. Want to let you know that she is doing well - has even decided that she should stay away from alcohol for a time - at least until she is legal. That would be a year. I found out that since she had her dui/mip that she has been paying for her friends cab rides when they have been drinking and want to drive home. My sweet angel. My sweet BROKE angel!
          Anyway - blessings to all and have an awesome Thursday.
          Jenn

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hiya All,
            Happy Thursday, Been out with the monsters this morning buying all new school uniforms,shoes, pencil cases, bags, coats,the list is endless. We still have'nt finished,we gotta go to another town to finish em off...Costs an absolute fortune but its nice seeing em all go off first day of term like they all just stepped out of a catalogue....But they come home at 3.30 looking like the cast of Oliver...So whether its worth all the effort,i dont know.
            Right gotta hit the shops again...You look forward all week to payday and in our house its usually all gone by dinnertime.
            Nice to see all the New and Old faces around here.I'm looking forward to tonight....Will sit down at the computer,feet killing,cup of tea in hand,pack of biscuits,and just chill and catch up here.....BLISS.
            Have a great day all..............Macks
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

aug. 31

Hey all,

I will be joing the abs train again for september. Did not do so great last month and had wine the last two eves. Yet, I stopped at ONE glass - it was a big glass, but I had only one. So, no hangover either morning. Pretty cool. Still, I only racked up 16 alcohol free days last month and I like to be around 20 or 25. So, count me in.
              I feel a nice long period of abs is in order, especially with work starting in earnest.

Have a boatload to do today and am going to schedule that stupid mammogram. I had the whole month and did not do it!! My doc wants me in in mid-september so better get on it.

Well, I am off to make coffee and start going through email. I will get lots done today with no hangover. That is good feeling!

Take care all, have good days.
              Pansy

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Good morning Abbers,
                Gonna be a hot day here so will be short as I have to get out in the garden and pick butterbeans.

Kathy, I LOVE lighthearted post...........starts my day off .

"You're only given a little spart of madness. You mustn't lose it"...
                Robin Williams

Speaking of madness......Mac it sounds like the getting kids ready for back to school is going well. Make sure their pants come all the way up to their waists.........unlike their dad's....

Shas and Bridget, that 1st drink does lead to a hard fall off that wagon, doesn't it. Still hurts the next day too!

Jenn , you daughter is an angel for taking care of her friends. I know your proud of her!

Cv1..................does this cleanse involve only things taken orally or is there a "water-coffee or something feature??

It's time for me to make a appointment for that thing too, Pansy...Yuck!

:welcome: Mike and anybody else who want to move into our town!

Later.

Nancy & Belle
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Not as lighthearted - just speaking my heart

Morning Everyone.

Glad to see everone is ok. You are all so funny.

I am officially day 2... after my slip up - well actually great thumping fall from a great height, dragging the mood here down with me. I can't have 1 glass, it tunrs into a bottle, then escalates day after day until I was back to square 1 ( or bottle 4 a day )- which lasted about 2 weeks.. I should have stayed away - because this is called My Way Out - not Let's Shout At Everybody !!!! Didn't eat or sleep or take supps, and genearlly was ANGRY - not at other people - just myself - except you wouldn't have known that judging by my attitude - I just wanted to explain. Nuff of that now.
                  Anyway Feeling Very Positive. My Vals arrived yesterday couldn't get Librium , I need them because i get Very bad withdrawals, and no point trying to stop without them or else I would end up in hospital again.. Slept for 11 hours and feeling fine.
                  It's still early days but I am DETERMINED not to go down that road again. It is the worst place to be.
                  This place is such a happy place to be and I thank everyone of you for making it so.
                  :thanks:
                  So Onward and Upwards, and hope to be a fully fledged member again, but yes, day by day is a good way to go..

Love to you all here
                  Bambs
                  xxxx
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hi Everyone,

Been reading the past month but not posting. I was really turned off by all the nastiness that was going on and I am so happy to see things back to normal. Have not been totally abs but also have not gone off the end either (so that's good!). I am hoping to return to Absville (I have a home there and its in need of some care so I thought I'd get to it this month.) Won't be back till middle of next week, but I hope to be back full time then. Hope everyone has a great weekend and happy holiday. Been thinking about you all.

Kate

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

ready to start Sept!

Day 28--I am counting days this time. It reminds me of just how much I don't want to have to be at day 1,2,3 again! I hate starting over!

I'll be checking in less this month. I am going to 3 AA meetings a week, my father-in-law just had open heart surgery yesterday and my little kindergartener gets homework everyday--who would have thought that there would be homework in kindergarten! Its fun simple stuff--I can't imagine when the real homework starts!

All is going well so far. I really enjoy my 2 woman's meetings each week. Its good to be able to laugh at ourselves in a group that understands--I do more laughing in those meetings than I do all week. Yet, I really respect their seriousness about this. I really needed it.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and ready to take on September!

Kim

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hey Abbers!
                        It's so great to see so many back here in Absville-- and the air feels all sparkly with hope! (Hmmm, I like that--have to use it again!)

Not a long post today, but wanted to wish everyone well and ask y'all to send positive energy in my direction as I try to get over my decades-long phone phobia and make all these calls to organize the clergy (bishops, archbishops, imams, swamis, rabbis, priests, pastors, etc.) for this huge and important interfaith prayer service for the United Nations....I just have this weird...reluctance...to pick up the phone--don't know WHAT I'm afraid of! But I've "suffered" from this for years...doesn't matter WHO I have to call...

Okay, folks--glad to see everyone, and I'll check in later!
                        :h
                        susan (all sparkly with hope!)
                        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

A Little More Serious.....

Hi All!

Hey Shas, I'm sorry that your doc/counselor didn't take your knowledge seriously. Keep talking. Hopefully they will pay attention eventually! Try and get the good stuff that you can from them. Unfortunately, we have to do more educating than we'd like sometimes with this program. Keep on trucking Shas, and congrats on your abs days!!

You bring up such a good question, Brigid! If I could be just how I wanted to be, I would love to be an occasional--or social drinker--namely, that I could have a drink or two when out with friends, but it wouldn't be something that I thought about regularly. I don't know that I could "moderate", really, because then I'd be spending so much time thinking about when I could drink and how much I could drink. The idea of being an occasional drinker is just a dream, and probably a pipe dream at that!! I'm JUST getting to the point where I'm not regularly thinking about drinking and feeling comfortable, and I don't want to mess with that. I do better when I don't think TOO far ahead. I'm not ready to think about drinking in any way, shape or form right now! At any rate, I'm planning on being in Absville for a while. I like it here!

CV, I sure hope you get your kit today so that you can start September fresh! If you are ever interested in talking more about growing up in the Mormon tradition, I'm sure it would be very interesting. I know I am very interested in different religions and cultures!

I'm glad that your daughter has turned things around, Jenn. She sure is laying a heavy pennance on herself, though!!! Mercy me!

Macks, you make me laugh with your image of the kids coming home looking like the cast from Oliver! You always lighten things up around here!!!:H You're not going to respond to my commentary about being Mayor, Your Royal Heinie??? (Yes, I know, I'm a pain in the patoot!)

I hope you'll find time to post with your busy schedule, Pansy, and welcome to Absville! I know you'll have a lot to add to our little town! Good luck getting the cr*p smashed out of your b**bs! Tra-la-la! It's a joy being a girl! (Either singing or ouch emoticon needed here!)

Hey, Nancy, enjoy picking those butterbeans. I feel like my country girl side gets to live vicariously on the farm with you. I always love your day-to-day posts about what you're doing! All I have is a few tomato plants in containers!! I'm sure Belle is a great help as well. And also good luck with that thing that Pansy has to do too. Yuck is right!

Keep the faith Bambs! I'm glad that you're hanging in there. You've got Valium to help you detox?? We don't want to see you go down that road again either, sweetie. So now we'll work on building bridges instead of burning them, right??? Let us know how we can help.

It's good to see you back, Kate. I'm glad you kept reading, even if you didn't post. It's always disturbing when things get out of hand on the board. I've been around long enough to know that things always do get right again. Anyway, welcome back!

Kim, I'm glad that you've found a way to make things work for you between MWO and AA. Come and post as often as you like. I'm happy for you that you are doing well! I hope your FIL does well with his surgery, and your child enjoys kindergarten.

Anyway, I'm off to sew, and try to secure things around the yard from what's left of Ernesto. I have a few plants out there that might get toppled over, so I just want to be sure. We sure need the rain, although not all 8-10" at once!!!

Oh, Susan, good vibes being sent. I would find the job a little intimidating myself! It sounds like a very worthwhile thing to psych yourself up for, though, an interfaith service. So I'm beaming them atchya, up there in NYC!!!

And good luck as school starts, Gabbs. I know you're going to be up to your ears in work, so lots less time to think about drinking (or drink for that matter!) Great to see you here!

Lots of love,:l :h

Kathy

PS: This isn't a post--it's a chapter in a book!
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hello Everyone!

Just popping in to say Hi. I'm glad to see all of you here! Today I am officially 1/3 of the way finished with treatment. I have also been abs for 8 weeks today. Have a great day and keep up the good work!

Marcie
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X