Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 31st

Good Morning My Wonderful Friends,
    Already the end of August! Welcome Lush...what an accomplishment, as I am still striving for those elusive AF days. Trish, I'm so glad you're back, and maybe it is the topa, who knows? I've upped mine, and am just so tired...may have to adjust. So, Dilayne (and welcome) thanks for your input too about topa--I never thought about cutting that big 100mg pill in half and not taking it all at once...maybe that's the problem...oh..I digress...I'll figure it out.
    You know, there's another thread that's talking about the "witchy hours" of drinking and the habit--oh how I can relate...it was just last night, at about 8pm when I dropped an entire jar of pickles on the floor, yelled a bad word, had my daughter in tears, and wondered how I'm going to make it through this thing!! You all know the feeling. Last night my daughter had a horrible day at intermediate school, along with her hormones raging, she managed to cry for a total of 4 hours, my husband seems like he walks on eggshells around me ....it's all a new thing for me...I'll get there... Oh, Ladies..I guess what I'm saying is..You Inspire Me!! You are my Rock right now, you help me tremendously knowing you.
    Laura, are you going to get that kitty??
    Jen, Do take that vacation...I think we sometimes just need to remind ourselves to rest.
    Mkr--you know I'm thinking and praying for your dad and family.
    Judie--I love my dog too, and I think I might want a second one.
    Everyone, Else, I love you, you know that, I'm going for a morning walk, exercise always helps when I can fit it in.
    Have an Awesome Day!
    sm-Mary

Thursday, August 31st

Good morning sistas'

Good morning! Woke up very early this morning for some reason ... (maybe the big baby Labrador scratching at the bedroom door???) anyway have been up for awhile and decided to post a few words. I am taking the supps and have gone off the Topa. It just made me too tired and too dopey. I actually "lost" a day of the week. Thought it was Wednesday on Tuesday! Thank goodness I didn't have any appointments on either of those days - husband finally got me straightened around on that. Anyway, the job requires me to be pretty verbally acute so I think I'm just going to try it "Topa-free" for awhile. I'm not sure I'm a real "craver" anyway - it's more a relax-reward thing for me so we'll see how it goes. Glad to see everyone posting again. The group is getting almost too big to address individually! Plans for labor day? We're having a family get together on Monday and I get to see my two grand babies - Vivie who just turned one in July and Graham who is 2 months today! Can't wait!!

Everyone have a great day!
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Good Morning!

I feel so much better than I did on Monday. I'm weaning myself off the baclofen, I'm down to 20 mg and hope to stop taking it just in time for my Topa to arrive in the mail.

It's interesting to hear your experiences with what your are taking and what's working for you.

I was keeping track of my drinks in the drink tracker but since I'm weaning myself off the baclofen I have really gone overboard these last two days(I can come up with lots of other excuses too if you'd like). A bottle of wine each night (how many drinks are in a bottle of wine anyway?)

So when the Topa arrives, I'm going to have a new start date and begin to keep track again.

Sm. Mary, I have one of those VERY hormonal teenagers too. Except she lashes out instead of crying which in turn makes me lash out......it's a terrible cycle will it ever end?

I have a beautiful 3 year old yellow lab that we adopted from the pound two years ago. He is the sweetest dog in the world, I have no idea how anyone could have abused such a loving animal.

Trish, enjoy your weekend and those Grandbabies!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Third day done!!

Three AF days under my belt. Frankly I am not sure how I am doing it because I am not taking any of the supps or the medication. I think there was a hormonal shift in my body this week that just made it not too hard. I had a friend call me to go to sushi last night, which I could eat every single day, and she was sooooooo drunk that it annoyed me to be wasting my time talking to her on the phone because I know she will not remember our conversation this morning. She also got VERY annoyed when I told her I was three days without a drink. Made me even more determined to not drink last night. I do not know if next week will be the same but the cravings have not been bad. As I have said before the real test will be this weekend when I try to moderate. I think I am one of those that once I have one I want 10, but how the hell would I know when I have drank excessively EVERY day for almost 20 years?? I am glad I have not had to use the supps this week because I know if the cravings get bad when I abstain next week I will have those to fall back on. This is such proof that all of this comes down to our brain/body chemistry. Good luck to all of you today!!! Have not decided if I will abstain again tonight. As of right now I think I will but you never know what my brain chemistry will scream at me later!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Good morning all

Just a quick hello to everyone
          Hope everyone is doing well. I just posted under "General' an article I found on "Habits" - I think I may be harping on this a bit lately but I really think - for me, anyways - that the habit is such a big part of the drinking thing. Hope you all find it helpful and hope everyone is having a glorious day!
          Hugs all
          Jen
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Good Morning All,

Soccermom Mary, you will get through this. Hormonal teenagers are tough though! I only had boys and heard that girls are tougher for that emotional turmoil, I don't know. Just know when she's 21-24 you will probably become one of the smartest ladies on the planet.

I felt like a different person that first month starting MWO. Proud of my abs time and then Ms. Jekyll would come to visit my household. It was tough I could feel myself come unglued over really stupid stuff!

Lush, Judie came up with a mod solution that really helped me. Drink your alcohol as slow as possible and add a full glass of water in between. I sat in shock at the lake on July 4th as almost everyone didn't make a bit of sense. I was kind of withdrawn from the group just watching and thinking WOW! I don't think I want to be around a bunch of drunks.

Rachele, glad you are feeling so much better. I just did the supps and not super faithfully but then it was a head game reward for me just like Trish mentioned. The CDs sured helped with that.

Trish, welcome back! Enjoy those grandbabies. My oldest just picked the ring this week so it is unofficially, "official." Have a while to wait for the grandbabies and I think that will be wonderful!

Judie, Jen, Laura, Mary Anne and Sophia hope all is well. It is getting back to a large group again so if I missed anyone please forgive me.

Back to unending deadlines today. (May have to work most of the weekend and think I am needing a vacation or just time off to sleep in.)

Dad may come home this weekend. Long road but he feels more comfortable at home.

Hugs and Love,
            Mary

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

OOOOPS, Note from the Universe:

Did you know, that if you can see a cloud, it can see you?

Same for trees.

And beauty.

Tallyho,
              The Universe

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Mornin' Glories,
                I like the notes from the 'universe' )

I've never had what I would consider a craving for alcohol..I do know that when I choose to drink, I'm usually choosing to self medicate, and once I have one, I'm going for the medication, and more is better :0), Did anyone see the movie What The Bleep Do We Know? If you haven't seen it, I think it is a must..you'll get a real visual on the neurotransmitter 'technology'...I loved that movie..I think that movie is what made me see how the My Way Out could help me..but since I've been on the Top, 90% of the time, I am completely satisfied with 2 or 3...but actually lately, I've had terrible headaches with more than 2 glasses, so I'm even a bit cautious in drinking more than that...hate to say it, but not been thrilled by the headaches! Last time wasn't so bad..but...

I did drink one beer last night...(I'm usually a wine drinker) Harmones do influence my drinking..hey..they do!!! :0) I think the CDs make a huge difference. If I slack off on them for a while, I can feel myself getting a little loosy goosy...

working at home today..I recently managed to get my boss to let me work one day a week from home..tried for two but could only swing one..I'll take it..so I better get back to work.

Have a lovely day today!

Namaste!

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Dilayne, I am sorry I missed you. I do think the CDs were actually the trick for me. I listened to them almost everyday for about two weeks in there. seems now when I am anxious or feeling out of control, I can call up those calm feelings by just going down the first few stairs. (The staricase I picked was that sweeping staircase in the movie "Delovely." What's not to like about going down those stairs, I don't have my brace on, I simply float down them.)

Jen, Awesome piece on habits! Yes mine is an out and out habit. Have even taken up knitting. With all the hospital time I have had lately, I am almost finished with a poncho.

Hugs,
                  Mary

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hi Mary,
                    May I ask why you are wearing braces? Do you mind?

I have four grandchildren. I have two daughters and a son in the middle..and yes, the girls are different for sure! I do love the grandchildren..kind of fun being a younger grand mom too..even tho I still don't have the energy I used to! whew! I can't imagine having young children, but I am grateful to be young enough to play with them! AND..the capacity to LOVE that you gain with age that you get to pass on to your grandchildren..I just wish...but I'll just leave it at that :0)

My staircase is in the middle of a forest..old moss covered stone..lots of fern...and I kind of float too...

:0)

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

I loved the movie De-Lovely. That staircase was beautiful. Mine is more like dilaynes. Kind of a castle theme, but old and kind of free standing, there are walls holding it up, but that is about all. Neat topic!

I made a pitch to RJ last night to add some new titles for the Mods to the Hypno CDs. I know she is a very busy lady, but hope she can fit it in. My brain is getting a little tired of the ones I have. I have been slacking off on using the CDs and I can feel the difference. I am thinking about drinking more then usual, having a real hard time with the right after work habit.

As I just re-read this, it occured to me that I have now added the kid's homework into the right after work schedule. Last school year, I almost always had a glass of wine before starting homework with the kids, I am really going to have think about this. Also, I will get over to read the Habit thread later today when I have time.

Are you all up for some goal setting tomorrow? I was able to keep my goal for August of not sharing or sneaking. Took some work, but I did it!

Have a great day everyone,
                      Laura
                      P.S. Going to call the shelter today for more information!
                      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hey ya'll! Can you believe August is almost over? Wow!

SM Mary, I think I can almost blame the weather on "hormones"!! At my stage in life... you name it! My poor Hubby, thank God he's usually pretty patient...

Trish, How much topa were you taking? (if ya don't mind me asking...) I was getting tired @ first, but now I hardly notice at all. I've been on it since Jan. @ 100 mg day.

Rachelle, my doggie was a pound puppy too. I don't think he was abused (he doesn't like loud voices, or yelling...he hides), but he's definately a free spirit & very social. If there's a BBQ, playground, party, etc, & he's not fenced in or on a leash... he's there! He jumped off of my kayak & onto a fishing boat one day on the river, I stopped to talk to some guys I knew, & he jumped right into their boat! Just abandonded me! Talk about disloyal!

Lush, Congrats on 3 days!! That's great! Trust me, you've had plenty of designated drinkers... especially when I was in Vegas! Gettin back on track now!

Hey Jen, Hugs back @ ya!!:l

Mary hope you're feeling better:h ... Still praying for your Papa. That'll be great to have him home soon. Hope you can squeeze in some R&R somewhere....

Dilayne, Hormones affect your drinking? "Not Me" HA! I just turn into a "hormonal phsychopath from H*ll" ...on a mission!" A very (blood)
                        thirsty one !! Only when I'm crampy, bloated, & wanting to drown it all though....:upset:

Oh my stairway, is the one I used to walk down every day from my treehouse. (where I lived for 18 years...in Colorado). I had to hike in & out, I had 72 steps dug out of the hillside, it was steep & a lot of shoveling in the winter! I can visulize every one of em! All the way down to the creek!!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hi Saint Jude,
                          So are you a 'river rat'? I bet you have some stories..the tree house sounds awesome!
                          I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. The cats are pretty old, about 16 years..the dogs are 2 and 3 years..the older guy is a shih tzu mix but looks like an old man..named Dylan, after ole' Bob, and his little girl friend is Abby, a black pekingnese about half his size..they are best buddies..good thing because they have to keep each other company all day while we are away.

My goal is my moderation..as stated before, but to feel better..I haven't had any energy to speak of for a while..could be the psychotherapy, which has really been pretty awesom..been doing it with a really great theological psychotherapist..strong jungian influence..a lot of growing this year, but feel like I've been underground and need to come up for air..Saint Mary..feel like I need to just breath some fresh air and lighten up for a while..do some yoga, take the dogs for some walks and move on down the road a bit...but when you are going through these 'transitional spaces'..you can't always just do that...Mary, you seem to know something about that...

I'm an artist..and my therapist says that artist tend to go through these kinds of spaces more than most people...know wonder we like to drink!!!!! It's not so easy!!!

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Saint Mary..freudian slip? I meant to say, Saint Jude..I had meant to say, I think I need to just get in a boat and float around a bit..or a canoe..never have kayaked..but would like to..when I was young, my first 'design' job was for a T-shirt company whose main client was whitewater outfitters so we got to go whitewater rafting all the time...I loved it and miss it...I think of that when I read your post....

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Yep, that really is me & my little doggie in that picture... not far from our house, just downstream a bit. I'm off to paddle for about an hour before work right now! Hugs, Judie
                              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                              X