Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new month, time for a new thread - I am right in thinking we'd do it monthly so we can all keep up with one another better.

It's roasting hot here and I'm slowly melting in the office. We have air conditioning but people keep opening the windows. The Office Manager says we either have to have one or the other, we can't have both - she's right - because it defeats the whole point of air conditioning.

Anyway, wishing you all a great month of July!!!

P.S. I went on a camping trip in Wales last weekend and DIDN'T screw it up by drinking too much vodka and throwing up in the tent.

Oh and I had a dream that some make believe person discovered me posting on here and read through all my old posts. When they saw me, they told me and informed me that they were most disgusted.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

33 Days, No AA Today

I'm a self employed farmer, male 45 years old, college educated, married no kids, just cats, border collie, cows, sheep. I can't believe it but I made 30 days.
    It's been an amazing month for I haven't drank once.
    or had to lie about my behavior.
    Joined MWO many months ago, knew I was in trouble, lbut kept drinking,
    always at night, behind my wife's back, 10-12 ounces of vodka every night.
    Even when I promised her I quit, I could not and continued to drink.
    Saw my doctor for a skin injury and blood pressure was so high he gave me
    a prescription (Prescription warned against drinking while taking).
    Doc said "I would be dead in 10 years with my BP if I did not bring them down.
    Kept drinking for 6 months, through the holidays, winter time stumbling around, blackouts,
    empty juice drinks hidden all over the house, barn, closets, truck.
    Bought a blood pressure reading meter at Walmart, my numbers we
    still wicked high, 164/123. Went back doctor, told him AL was becoming a problem
    ( ha ha) in my life/marriage, he could not help me and sent me to a psychologist who happily took my co-pays, listened to my life story, caused me to have a nervous breakdown, recommended I get my butt into a rehab center.......I did not go to REHAB I quit going to the psychologist. Started going to a men's AA meeting for 3 months, around 4 times a week ashamedly.
    Continued to drink my vodka hoping wife would not smell it on me. I got caught by her again for lying. Wife locked me out of the house. I was really high standing outside my house in the Rain when a suitcase nearly hit me in the face. What did the neighbors think?
    Found a cheap hotel, checked in and then walked 3 miles in the rain to a grocery that sold vodka, walked back to hotel(I did not drive my car as I knew I was very high), mixed 3 strong cranberry cocktails along the way in the bushes on the walk back to the no tell hotel. My last drink was upon waking up the next morning at 7am in this shit hole on the interstate (noisy). Had to finish that pint.
    Went to my noon AA meeting that day, was crying after the meeting, met 3 or 4
    decent guys that helped me put down the drink. Hours then
    turned into days into weeks into a month. Now Day 33.
    Those few guys are OK, though many others at AA are aggressive and want to know why I do not have a sponsor, tell me to buy the big book and start the steps now. One guy yesterday URGED me to go "start drinking again because I was not ready to quit".
    WTF
    He also said "if I did not totally dive in, 90 days in 90 days, higher power, sponsor, big book I should just start drinking again and see if that works better for me because I had not hit bottom yet". He also said my true sobriety date begins when I get a sponsor, not 33 days ago when I know I quit. I'm back in the house, not drinking, wife like the sober me. Although all the bad economy business shit that drove me to numb myself
    every night with AL is still there. Rootbeer, chocolate and running 4 miles 3 times
    a week are my new methods to feel better about my self.
    This site is my sponsor! I choose not to drink today.
    This community has helped me believe it is possible to stop drinking or even moderating if that is what one chooses and is capable of. I'm going skip my regular AA meeting today. I'm glad I'm here at MWO. Thanks for listening.

Comment

PINCH PUNCH...

1st of the Month...

Well Done Vlad for getting us started. I would have fogotten! Happy July to everyone.

This monthly thread is better I believe.

Welcome MooFarmer.....Very glad to read your story. You sound as though you are getting along great actually. Huge congratulations on 33 days. Keep it up. Whatever you are doing is working and DO NOT let anyone tell you otherwise, the evidence is clear.
      Love the name too, being a Moo myself! Although I do not feel the need to be farmed!!

Well happy hump day to everyone. I have actually had a fairly frustrating day, but hey ho, they cant all be good. Nothing disasterous, just life's little irritations.

Love to all....happy modding....Moo
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Welcome Moofarmer!!
        I am so sorry to hear that AA did not support you. You will definetly find support and understanding here.
        Well done on 33 days AF -- that's FANTASTIC!!!
        Do you know what your plan is from here? Are you going to remain AF?
        I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

A pinch and a punch back at ya Moo!!
          I haven't caught up with the end of last months thread yet so I'll make this a quickie.

Thanks for getting us started Vladster -- July is going to be a great month for us!!
          How was Wales? I was thinking of you when we beat them at rugby this weekend LOL

Moo, how was your holiday???

Well, I don't even want to rehash the day I've had!! A brief summary: Cell phone stolen, salary not paid, away from home on business -- today sucked big time!!

I am now eating with my steamed chicken and broccoli with a spoon!!!

Off to catch up with the news.... see you now now
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Trying my Best.

:new:

Well done Moofarmer, keep up the good work.
            I am 3 days AF and would love to join in with this group.
            I joined MWO in 1997 but am only ready now to really put it to use.

Good Luck to All

----------------------------------------

one hour at a time
            ------------------------------
            one hour at a time

Comment

Welcome Back Wine Lover!
              I am so pleased you are ready to begin your journey. Let us know how we can help, okay?

Comment

Peri, how are you feeling? Have you dusted off the CD's again -- BTW do you really find that they help?

Eve, my daughter is LOVING her hamster. Her name is Abbey and she has got the coolest house I've ever seen (who wouldve thought there were so many different ones to choose from) The therapist made a comment to me on Monday about how my daughter has very strong mothering instincts which must be nurtured and having the hamster is allowing her to do that.
                Thanks for all the tips and advise. BTW did you know that you can but a hamster leash so that they don't dissapear when they are out of their cages LOL!!!

Eve, how was your night away!! I like your train of thought... I have found myself having a glass of wine on the weekend, just because it's weekend. This month I am excited about getting my disciplines back.

Sun, your weekend sounded so productive. I love doing stuff around the house and then sitting back on Sunday night admiring my handy work. I must ask you tho, what are cellular blinds?

Ask, (((Big Hugs)))
                How is your week without the teenager going? I hope you are treating yourself extra special this week.

Lila, I am holding fingers and toes that you hear about the job.

J-Vo!! Welcome Back!!!
                I have also been wondering about the Kudzu - was thinking of breaking the bank and ordering another bottle. I would be interested to know how RJ continued with the supplements when she was modding.
                Oh, I nearly forgot ..... how is the non smoking going????

Jude, you make me laugh!! I just love that expression -- a one-legged woman ROFL!!!
                How has work been? Is it silly season there by you>

Vladster, news on the camping please.

Moo, I was about to badger you for details of your holiday and then read that you've posted on your other thread so I'm off to catch up on your news.

And a special HI to our resident Tigger -- how is the visit with Mum going?

Comment

And I nearly forgot to tell you some exciting news....

Zed says hello to all.
                  He is loving his new life with his girlfriend.
                  They sound very much in love
                  He is living the mod life and sends his regards to all of you

Comment

Yaye!!! Mod Squadders have posted on my new July Thread. Welcome MooFarmer, don't think we've ever spoken before, and excellent going on all those days AF - vodka was my downfall too, now I know I can't moderate it so I don't buy it.

DeeBee - it sucks when you don't get paid doesn't it. I did actually get paid when I was supposed to this time.

Hi WL and Moo (not to be confused with MooFarmer!!!) :H
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Arrgh Deebs, cross posted, was just about to get to the camping point.

Comment

Camping: It rained, the farm cockerell kept crowing from 4.00am - he was still crowing at 9.00am because the farmer still hadn't let him and his hens out. He even came along, threw some food in, but still left them in the coop. We went to Llandudno pier, up the sky lift and the Welsh Mountain Zoo. Cooked sausages, chicken curry and pasta. Then the sun came out for us to go home. Oh yeah, I took a picture for you Deebs.

Comment

ROFL!!!
                          That is too bloody funny!!

Comment

:welcome:WINE LOVER. Hope you will be very happy here....we have a great time.

Wow, what a great start to July...

Deebs, you sound as though you have had a very frustrating day too. But I am sooo pleased that your daughter has her Hamster and is enjoying it...her ...Abbey....its wonderful actually, as she has obviously been going through a tough time of late and deserves some happiness and light relief....well done you for providing that for her. And, BTW the holiday was tremendous, just what I needed.....went pretty well in terms of modding too....lots more improvements all the time.

Vlad....what an excellent picture...Did you take that at the Mountain Zoo... of Myddyn Sw (sp) as the welsh say???

Well I am off to bed to read my book now...night modders

Moo (not farmer) LOL....Am loving having another Mooo person!
                            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi all,
                              Hey, a new thread! and another Moo! Welcome, MooFarmer. Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you got what you needed from AA, and now you are ready to find your own way out of alcohol abuse land. Since this is the mods section I'm assuming that you plan to learn to control how much you drink. This is a good support group for that. There are some good threads on various people's plans. Ask whatever you like!

Deebs, thanks for all you do to connect us all. Here's a link to pics of cellular shades: cellular shades - Google Image Search

Vlad, it is always good to see you here, and I miss you when you don't pop by for whatever reason. Great pic of the ostrich.

Lila, good luck with hearing back about the job. Can you get out and exercise when you are feeling anxious? It really helps. I'm reading a book called Spark by a Harvard Psychiatrist, all about the many benefits of exercise.

Moo, back to the grind yet?
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X