The Tour de France Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I'm pretty excited about this year's Tour de France. It will be great to see Lance competing again, although he says he's riding for the team this year veteran announcer Phil Liggett predicts he'll be on the podium in Paris in 23 days. I would love to see that!

This thread is for folks to post their comments or if you have questions about the Tour I'll try to get them answered for you. I'm no expert but have been following since 2003 so I have a little knowledge.

I have three different fantasy teams competing on three different website competitions. They are a blast. Last year I won a T-Shirt! :H

If you get the Versus channel on your TV you can watch it live daily or watch stage recaps. Warning...there will be spoilers in the thread so if you are the type who wants to find out the winner on your own, wait until after you view it to see this thread.

Here is a link to Versus, enjoy! xo Beth

Versus | Tour de France
    vegan zombies want your grains

GREAT.........we get to see MORE men in their TIGHTS !!!.........LOL
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

[I] I'm ready to go........been practiceing for the "Tour" all my life ! ha! IAD.[I]
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, is that you? LOL!

Comment

Nope, that's not me....Ha! But I invented a new bike the US Team will unvail this years ! Ha! You can keep riding without stopping.......Ha! IAD.
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Game on, people. Woohoo!

Comment

It's all on Versus TV............take a look ! IAD.
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

I follow the Tour de France asa much as I can and I'm always inspired by the fitness levels of those guys. It's an over-used word, but 'awesome' is the only way to describe it.

Comment

Pops, I figure every rider who finishes is a winner in my book.

Comment

Thought I'ld throw in this public service annoucment......Rest easy that was'nt the "Tour de France" Ha! IAD
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Mark Cavendish did not disappoint in today's stage, winning it by several bike lengths with what looked like no effort at all. The 24 Year Old always takes time to find ALL his teammates after the stage to give them a huge thanks. Some call him arrogant, but if I had his talent, I might not be as modest as he really is. Congratulations Mark, on your fifth Tour de France stage win. I wish you many more.

Comment

Dr. Seuss

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIP9utRaJQw[/video]]YouTube - chute tour de france Let's take a little look at some "Tour de France" Footage....Ha! IAD.
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I was literally in tears at the end of today's stage. It was so great to see the Team Time Trial again, especially seeing Astana riding it. No one coaches this discipline as well as Johan Bruyneel, and the boys were riding like a well oiled machine. Lance .22 of a fucking SECOND off the yellow jersey, that is pretty impressive for a 37 Year Old who has been out of the business for three years. You have to believe he's the best bike rider of our generation. What a great day.

Comment

Well, Little Tommy Voeckler finally won a Tour de France stage. For those of you who don't remember, Thomas Voeckler wore the yellow jersey for ten days in the 2004 Tour after riding in a long breakaway. He's nicknamed France's sweetheart (le chouchou). I have been a fan of his since that Tour and it was a great win by him today. His win is especially sweet because today is the birthday of the team's director sportif. Lance is still .22 of a second out of yellow which may change tomorrow as they head for the hills around Gerona, Spain. Interesting that many American cyclists call Gerona their European home, Lance lived there for many years with his first wife Kristin and their oldest child Luke.

Comment

Working...
                              X