help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

help

What's up, Colbe?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

help

Are you in chat? I'm at work, unfortunately, but will try to pop in .. may have to disappear without notice though - apologies in advance.... and (((hugs))) to you.

Edit: Went to chat and didn't see you. What's happening, Colbe?
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

help

what's wrong Colbe - speak to us...we are here to help you
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

help

She's in chat now ... Colbe, hang on, OK.

Comment

help

How can I help you?

Comment

help

Whats wrong? Hang on Colbe.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

help

colbe is ok?
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

help

Well, I am still here. Things are really bad and are going to get worse, but with the help of many of you that know my long winded story about my daughter, I am getting through this...one second at a time. Still having major anxiety issues but am working on changing how I can control that. I am very bitter as I have learned of some really serious lies and just lack of support from people that I have gone out of my way for over the years and am in a really hateful mood and plan to be for a long time...I have been drinking again and just don't care. I will say out loud to people that I have not cuy out of my life I want to and really do mean it, I will stop again...but at this time with everything that is going on, there is no way I can. I would have a heart attack. It's bad enough that I am trying to at least wait until later in the day, like 1 or 2pm...and have not been passing out of anything. Trying to eat dinner (late around 10 or 11) but that stops me from drinking...right now I really just need it to get through the day. So that is the update, and thank all of you that have helped me along the way...jeez I got on here the other day to seek encouragment to get in the shower. And it worked (TY!). I hope to someday be strong enough to be back on the other side so I can encorage you guys right back.
                  Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

help

(( colbe )) .... I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. I know alcohol is a quick, temporary "fix" for anxiety ... but it will bite you back, hard, in the end - one way or another ... so please be very careful using it right now. Don't let it mess with your health or your future. Believe me, I do know what it feels like to just "not care" in the moment .. grab the bottle .. and get that almost-instant high. It's just so easy.

I just don't want to see you hurt even worse than you have been. (( caring hug )) .. On that note, is there any way you can get some anti-anxiety meds? ... they might help take the edge off a little.

No matter what, please keep checking in with us - if for nothing else, to get you into the shower ... ... but hopefully for lots more, too ... We're always here for you.

Comment

help

42cat;661067 wrote: (( colbe )) .... I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. I know alcohol is a quick, temporary "fix" for anxiety ... but it will bite you back, hard, in the end - one way or another ... so please be very careful using it right now. Don't let it mess with your health or your future. Believe me, I do know what it feels like to just "not care" in the moment .. grab the bottle .. and get that almost-instant high. It's just so easy.

I just don't want to see you hurt even worse than you have been. (( caring hug )) .. On that note, is there any way you can get some anti-anxiety meds? ... they might help take the edge off a little.

No matter what, please keep checking in with us - if for nothing else, to get you into the shower ... ... but hopefully for lots more, too ... We're always here for you.
                      thanks 42. I am not a pill person, but they probably would help. I really have to focus on not losing my job at the moment...BTW I am here instead of working, but the encoragement from you guys is addicting and I would rather be here...my point being, I did try to get anxiety pills and should try harder to make it happen...but hell I still haven't made it to my morning shower and it's 9am. Overwhelming. Monotonous (sp?).

Comment

help

Don't make me come over there with a bar of soap and a sponge!

Once you get showered up and dressed, you'll feel better .. even a little more in control .... I know I always do.

*turns the water on*

Comment

help

Hi Colbe

I just wanted to add my support. I came looking for you in chat after you started this thread the other day but although your icon was there there was no response.

Just want you to know that people do care and not everyone is against you although it feels that way from where you are.

Now, I hope you are showered and dressed or you'll have cat round to get you moving!

I can only say that alcohol will make the situation even worse but you know that.

:l
                          If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

help

I feel your pain colbe. I have a hard time motivating myself to do anything, especially early in the day. Thankfully, I'm a freelance writer and work from home so I don't have to deal with the whole office thing. I'm in the very first stages of admitting I have a problem and although I've only been on here for a VERY short time, I'm finding these people so very supportive.

I'm here to support you as well cobe, day or night.
                            I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

help

thanks everybody

well, I am AF today (so far)...I went and posted in the starting out section. Having a hard time with it and not sure I will make the whole day.

Comment

Working...
                              X