Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

butternut squash polenta

1. pour soup int large pot and bring to a boil
    2. add cornmeal, stirring carefully with long spoon (it spatters)
    3. turn down to medium, cook 10 to 15 min, stirring frequently, until thick
    4. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan, saute the pumpkin seeds with chili powder or cayenne pepper until lightly browned.

Serve hot, with pumpkin seeds sprinled on top. Great as a bed for grilled salmon or tofu.

Help! I have a question. When I try to search the recipe forum for, say salmon, I only get the archived recipes. How do you search the new ones? (Yes, I'm using search posted above them not above archived ones.)

butternut squash polenta

This sounds great Louise! I love that butternut squash soup I will def. try this one.
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

butternut squash polenta

Made this last night and served it with grilled chicken breast, peas and avocado and tomato salad. Great side dish, my husband loved it.

Comment

butternut squash polenta

Thanks Louise-

I will try this. I have never made polenta but love it.

Comment

butternut squash polenta

the toasted pumpkin seeds really add to the flavor. We served them on the side.

Comment

butternut squash polenta

Butternut squash!

We just had polenta for dinner tonight, with Italian sausage, broccoli and cheese.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way -- a friend of mine, who does NOT like butternut squash, would use those words at work as a euphemism when she wanted to swear! So instead of saying oh fuck or bullshit or whatever, she would just say "oh, butternut squash!" This friend was a co-worker at Williams-Sonoma (a specialty kitchen store) where we sold the 32 oz. jar of butternut squash for an insane amount of money.

Hope you all can get the humor out of this.

Comment

butternut squash polenta

YUM!

i love to use msa harina to thicken soups...polenta loose like this sounds great.

Comment

Working...
              X