Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Already! Mods in Action!

Hi all,

I am going after mods again. Looks like there is a fairly large group that would like to join in. :welcome: to all who are new to mods posts and to all who are thinking about joining mods this month. We are a great group of super supportive people in all stages of mods.

Note from the Universe this morning:

At least that's what I think -
    The Universe

How right on is that?!

I am going to post my same GOALS as last month. They worked well for me all the way through but didn't get to complete them all with my dad in the hospital. I found throughout the month an even greater awareness of my triggers which is quite helpful in how I react in every aspect of my life. I found a greater calm that I haven't felt in many years.

My Goals/Plan

1) 0-2 drinks when I am drinking - AF days 2-4 a week
    2) physical therapy appointments as scheduled (usually 2 a week)
    3) riding the bike 1- 20-30 minute session at least 5 times a week.
    4) listen to the CD's when I feel I need them
    5) drink at least 10 glasses of 8 ounces of water a day, actually measure it out.
    6) watch for my trigger points - be aware of them so I dont fall because I have planned around them
    7) Do one thing that is super nice to me - every day!

Anyone else game?

Hugs and Love to all of you who have helped me through a traumatic month,:l :h
    Mary

I'm in....

Hi,

I am in for moderating this month. I did 3-3/4 days AF this week; a first in a long time. I had three, albeit on the big side, glasses of red wine last night and have a headache today. Funny how the tolerance lowers so quickly. My goals are 3-4 days AF a week and 3-4 at the most the other days. I know that is still high but if I say only 1-2 I will feel too deprived right now and it might backfire on me. Sort of like saying I will have no dessert ever again. Who else is on board????
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Bringing this back to the tops of mods.

Comment

I should have my topamax soon. I am hoping that will help me stay in Moderation for the month!

Goals:
        4-5 AF days each week
        60 minutes of walking 5 days a week
        drink 100oz of H2O each day (measure it like Mary)
        No more than 4 drinks on drinking evenings
        No drinks before 6pm

Thank you all for being here for me!
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hello Ladies and any gents who might join in..
          *I'm in for moderation..going for AF 4 out of 7 days, and no more than 3 glasses of wine the other 3 days, and shooting to not drink two days in a row..but won't be too strick about that.
          * I want to walk my dogs every day, for our well being.
          * I resumed the supplements and AllOne today (was slacking last week) and will listen to CDs weekly
          * Will try to incorporate some yoga or meditation..desperately need some 'quiet' time

Looking forward to the weekend..absolutely no agenda except to have breakfast with my son who will be in town for a quick visit..will be great to see him!
          ciao now!

Comment

Hey Ya'll HAPPY SEPTEMBER!

Mary, Love the quote from the universe! Very "right arm!"

Lets see ... a Moderation Plan... Humm...
            Definitaly no hard alcohol! (best to keep the Ol "Evil Twin" @ bay!)

For each glass of wine or beer I allow myself after work.... I have to drink a nice Big glass of water in between . ALWAYS!! In fact when I'm @ home on days off.. I might even make it 2. But not kayaking... don't wanna carry that much, & don't wanna drink the river dry!:H

Listen to CD's as needed. I almost always listen to the subliminal in the morning while I'm here. But the Hypno ones tend to make me kinda tired & spacey for work so I save em for days off

Exercise daily ... unless I'm sick. I just feel better all around when I do.

Gonna try & do some AF days this month... It's been a while for me!! Wish me luck on that one! After work I really feel like I deserve one.... and then when I have a day off... well ya know...

everyone have a great day! Hugs, Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey all
              Yup I am in!
              For me - the goals are as follows
              Fit in 3 days of exercise minimum a week
              Have 3 AF days/wk
              drink 100oz of H2O each day (measure it like Mary)
              No more than 4 drinks on drinking evenings (try to stick with 2 - that is the REAL goal)

WORK VERY HARD ON THIS HABIT ISSUE = ADDRESS HOW TO BEAT THESE HABITS AT THEIR OWN NASTY GAMES
              Hugs all
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi,
                I aim to only drink on Friday and Saturday, not when I have to work the next day. Easy to say on a Saturday!!!!:new:

Waves
                Enough is enough

Comment

Hi:
                  I 'm in for September Mods. Rough last two weeks in August. I'm trying to hold to seven drinks per week (6 oz. glasses of wine or the equivalent)--but last week I lost count at 14. The week before it might have been around 14. Kids are going back to school, and this is anxiety provoking for me (even though, when they were little, and I hauled them around, arranged day time activities, and worked, their going back to school meant a lot less work.) They are moving on with their lives which is a good thing, of course, but they're leaving. I don't deal with loss well. Actually, I found MWO after drinking my way through the week after my father's death (and while the whole thing was tragic beyond belief, he was such a creep and made my life so much more difficult than it had to be). I hoping to stay with mods, but I have to get a plan back in place here. So:

7 drinks per week
                  Water like everyone says
                  Exercise 30 minutes per day
                  Start doing the hypnotherapy tapes again.

Also, is anyone finding kudzu of help once they are off supps? Or glutamine?

I also developed this weird little (and potentially big trouble) habit this last two weeks which I presume is related to anxiety--night time eating. Now, I'm not talking a snack, here. And I'm not even talking about being awake. I occasionally sleep walk and am barely aware of it, and powerless to stop it. I usually go to the door of my bedroom, turn around and go back. But this is new. I never binged on food before even when awake. However, nearly every night these last two weeks, I have gotten up, dimly aware of what I am doing, but like in a dream, powerless to stop it. I go downstairs, carb up (finished a cake once), only knowing that I am starving. When I've eaten enough (which is more than enough), I go upstairs and go back to bed. In the morning, several times I thought I dreamed it until I noticed that the food was gone. One night, I went down and drank at least five beers one right after another--and I don't like beer. I read something about a herb called rhodiola helping this. And then I figured that 5 HTP (a compound, available in a pill, that the brain makes into serotonin--available at the health food store--helps sleep, carb cravings and very mildly, depression) at night might stop the food search since it was carbs I was eating (carbs provide serotonin therefore acting as a mini-anti-depressant). Last night it worked. Or something did. Keep your fingers crossed, because I really don't need to feel sad from loss, drink too much, and eat too much, too. I'll be a blimp by October.

Best to all,
                  Ellen

Comment

Hi Ellen,
                    Interesting to read your post. I've been doing the silly sleep-eating thing for about 5 years. I had hoped that by moderating my alcohol intake this situation would go away - but it hasn't. I still get up, numerous times during the night, and eat stuff. I don't know what I'm doing until I find "evidence" the next morning. Fortunately I have not gained any unwanted weight.

Would love to talk to you via PM regarding this.

Comment

Hi Tawny:
                      Talking about this PM would be fine except I'm not sure how to do that. Can you provide instructions? Thanks, Ellen.

Comment

Ellen, go up to the top of this page where it says "Welcome, ellen". You should now have Private Messages: Unread 1, Click on that and voila! there should be a note from me.

Comment

Hey Ellen--
                          Another "night eater" here! Yep, Tawny, I'm STILL doing it--abs for almost 5 months and nothing has changed....but then I've been walking around in the night and eating for about 40 years!! I sometimes have a vague memory and sometimes none at all and, like Tawny I find "evidence"....

I've been to a sleep clinic (slept like a baby on THAT night! ); chained the fridge, etc., etc....melatonin, 5-htp, calms forte...nothing works... I'm ready and willing to keep trying stuff--any suggestions? Anyone?

Maybe we should start our own club for sleep-walking night-eaters! Well maybe not, it sounds like some low-budget horror flick!

Anyway, just popped in from the abs board to see how everyone was doing -- glad to see mods is going strong for September! You guys are a total inspiration!
                          :h
                          susan
                          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Hi Ellen and Tawny. I know someone who sleepwalks and her doctor gave her something for it. NOt sure what. I could ask her if you want. It must be a really strange feeling!

Ok, I'm in for mods.

Three drinks (wine) on drinking days --Hey I know that isn't very abstemious but it is a start.
                            AF twice a week.
                            water as everyone
                            I can't do too much exercise with all my arthritis but I am having some treatments that may improve that.
                            L-glut and Kudzu as necessary.

Good luck to all mods!

Ivy

Comment

Working...
                            X