Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined Today!

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member although I must admit that I've been reading all of your posts for a couple of months. Your stories and kindness among each other have really inspired me to the point of finally doing something about my need to drink everyday.
    I come from a family of heavy drinkers. My memories of growing up are both happy and sad but It was all based on booze. Dad, Mom, Aunt, Uncle, .....drunk, drunk, drunk, and drunk. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but all of the above are dead, dead ,dead, and dead. My three siblings and myself all have the same party mentality. We all are reponsible people with good careers but my goodness why do we need to drink to feel like we're having fun! On August 13th I decided that I had enough. I told my boyfriend of twelve years that I was terrified of not drinking but was going to try. He is not much of a drinker and was so sad (and mad) watching me drink myself silly and then pass out. I have not had a drink since. I have the vitamins and I've ordered the book. I'm not sure if I will try being moderate because it's way to early for me to make that kind of decision. Although it has been only 19 days, I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good in years. I want to thank everyone for your stories and for making me feel good instead of feeling like a total loser.( and I haven't even talked to anyone yet!) I'll keep you posted!

Warmest Regards,
    Sola

Joined Today!

WOW... good for you!

you sound like a strong a amazing person.

d

Comment

Joined Today!

Welcome Sola and I'm glad you are here. I am new myself. Go to the chat room at night...pretty interesting people and lots of good stuff.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Joined Today!

you go Sola!!!! I'm so proud of you. I'm new to the program also and you inspired me to try harder. Thank you!!!
        Deborah

Comment

Joined Today!

Welcome, Sola. Glad you are here and that reading the posts made you feel welcome. Great folks here!
          Lots of good advice and support.
          Jenn

Comment

Joined Today!

Thank You, Determined, Not Powerless, Deborah, and Wellseasoned. What have you all decided as far as going the way of ABS or MODS? I'm 42 and have been drinking since I was a teenager. That's 25 years of booze! I decided to try not drinking at all for at least three months. I guess I won't be going out much! (I'll live)
            Sola

Comment

Joined Today!

Way to Go, SOLA!

What a brave and insightful decision, SOLA!

Good for you! I noticed that you posted today in Absville, and you already have quite a few days of abstinence under your belt. That is terrific! I hope you will come and post with us on your journey. You will find a lot of support there as you grow on your journey!

You are doing a wonderful and courageous thing! Welcome to MWO!

With warm regards,:welcome:

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Joined Today!

hi sola,

in response to your question.

i have decided to go the abs way as i have never had much success when trying to be moderate. i generally end up in a great internal debate when ever i want to have a drink, and then another, and another, and another, and so i am doing what i can to minimize the internal dialogue and keep myself 'safe'.

i am taking the topa. i wasn't able to do it without it this time. i have been on it for over a month now and it is really working. i have been alcohol free for over three weeks and i feel great. i am feeling better than i have for years. i give myself lots of affirmations every day when i listen to the hypno cd's and i think this is a big part of the program. oh and the suppliments are amazing!

i was feeling really rotten and my life was very out of control when drinking so eliminating alcohol from my life is actually a relief - i can't do anything i regret if i'm not drinking and that is a huge weight off my shoulders.

evryone is so different and the choice is going to be so personal i wish you well on your journey.

hugs

d

Comment

Joined Today!

Sola I just saw this, wow! The first thing I saw was your All One recipe and thought, wow this person who hasn't even told their story yet is really on the ball!

You should be so very proud of yourself, you are a very strong person and I think it's great that you lurked for a while and got to know the site the way you did. We are a really good bunch as you have figured out! I have been moderating for a while and am going to start abstaining tomorrow and see where that takes me. A lot of people who abstain with the intention of moderating at some point are so happy with the feeliing of abstinence and the control they have in their lives that they change their minds about moderation entirely, and some don't.
                  I have no idea what path I'll take after tomorrow but it sounds like you are doing just great! You are an inspiration to me and I've been here way longer than you! Good Luck! :welcome:
                  Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Joined Today!

Sola,
                    Welcome to MWO. Can't wait to try out your All One recipe. Looking forward to getting to know you better. You sound like quite the insightful person! Hope I meet up with you in chat soon! Gina

Comment

Joined Today!

Wow..that's great..What's your secret ?

Comment

Joined Today!

Hi Sola, 19 Days!! Fantastic - sounds like you are on the right track! Best of luck. Amelia
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Joined Today!

No Secret

Thanks for all the positive responses.

iia67, I have no secret. I drink to get drunk,and quite frankly I don't want to drink unless I can get drunk. As sick and twisted as that sounds this is my reality. Boy,can I drink! Gin, Rum, Wine, Beer, Scotch, just about anything.

I will continue doing Abs. and see where it takes me. I'm so much happier not being hungover or drunk from the night before. I hope that my reality becomes clearer and clearer everyday. If a slip............oh well!!! I'm o.k. with getting back up and starting all over again. Anything is better then feeling like a loser every morning.

Determined and Kathy, see you in absville!
                          Notpowerless, looking foward to chatting some night.

Sola

Comment

Working...
                          X