Baclofen and sugar cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious, does anyone know if Bac can work with sugar cravings?

I told someone about my problem and what I was learning about baclofen. She has a sugar problem in terms of binge eating. She can make serious inroads into mega loads of chocolate and suger. She is desperate and will try anything to help her with her "sugar problem". She is also a very anxious person, as are many of us, "alcies".

Veritas, I really don't know, but it does seem to be helping me with staying on a diet and eating fewer refined carbs. This is nice side benefit. It is supposed to help with bulimia, so my guess is it would.

Comment

Hi Veritas, L-Glut really helps, try and use the powder vs. the capsules. It kind of tastes like a crystal drink and improves focus as well as sugar cravings.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Veritas, I am sure I read things about this in Dr. Ameison's book.
        I would go and check the Index and see if there is something listed under "sugar" for you but I gave my last copy away. i ordered another and expect it any day but I am sure others have it now and could check for you ???
        Don't know how much it will help with sugar cravings BUT I think it is a multi task drug .........For sure !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

i feel my appetite and interest in food have really gone down. could be a beginning sde effect not sure

Comment

I agree about appetite going down. I went to collect my new supply of bac. The pharmacy had run out and could not supply me with a full month. As I glanced at the box, I saw that the instructions were, "to be taken after food". I have been struggling with nausea, although right now it has abated somewhat. I struggled to eat a peice of gammon for supper though.

Comment

Evie.Lou;661343 wrote: Veritas, I am sure I read things about this in Dr. Ameison's book.
              I would go and check the Index and see if there is something listed under "sugar" ...
              A full-text search shows that the word "sugar" does not appear in his book, anywhere. On page 221 he writes "... baclofen has been shown to dose-dependently suppress ... craving for food in binge eating and bulimia."

Comment

I think that bulimia might be a direct result of sugar cravings. There is the same obsessive thought pattern and inability to stop. It can also be driven by anxiety. Sugar is known to interact with the dopermine receptors.

Comment

Working...
                X