urges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urges

I am having a urge to go to the pub and drink so bad. But I won't do it. I made it so far and besides if I get drunk I will turn into a crybaby. I don't want that. I need some sense knocked into my addiction side and tell it to go to hell.

I am not blowing my 2 week quit for no one.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

urges

Alison, I swear there is something with this two weeks stuff. I went 14 days last month and an evil force told me to drink again, just one, of course, which was pathetic becasue I ended up drinking way too much.
    If you need motivation, go and read some of the long term abstinence posts to see what you have to look forward. If this does not work, read the "scare us" thread. That should work!
    Please report back that you did not go
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

urges

Well I took the walk, thought about going. But I walked anyways and made sure I didn't walk by it. I AM STILL AF!!!!!!!!!! I knew if I walked by it or any bar for the matter that I would go in and order drinks so I avoided it.

I am so glad that I didn't go. I am tired of having to change my date.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

urges

Alison, good for you. I posted to someone (sorry can't remember who -- was it you?) about the 2-week bugaboo. It affects so many of us. More on this later; gotta run for now.

Comment

urges

SC04
          Please do write about the two weeks, as I tripped last time and Alison was tempted.
          Alison, I am glad you did not go. Reward yourself! Buy yourself something with the money you would have spent on drinks.
          I bought myself a new face cleanser today!
          "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

urges

I will get back to you very soon on this. It's good that you bought some nice face stuff. Use it and relish every minute of it.

Comment

urges

Good girl, Drifty!!! You done did it!

So, you see, you are Stronger than you thought.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
              X