Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lump in my right side and dull ache

Hi all,

Does anyone have any similar experience of these symptoms. About 18 months ago I went to to doc with a dull ache in my right side just under the rip. The ache radiates to my back and I sometimes feel pain in my lower right shoulder blade. When I lay in bed on my right side it is uncomfortable, like there is a lump there. My GT enzymes are up at around 1.5x normal. I have had two ultrasound scans and they can't see anything.

I was drinking a bottle of wine a day I have cut that down by half but still the pain continues

HELP

BD

Hi Betting - I have the same pains in the same area. I'm worried as well, but just being completely AF for 5 days, my symptoms are much less. I've had the pain for about 6 months. I'm going to get my liver checked next week, but I believe giving up the booze is an absolute must for me! Obviously only being 5 days into cleaning up, I'm not one to speak...but, I would start with cleansing your liver with water and vitamins and stop with all AL. If you need help getting started, you've come to the right place. Good luck!
    AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

BD, welcome and ditto what National has related above. The pain/swelling is most likely related to al consumption and I've had the very same thing. After a week+ of abstaining it will begin to subside. I also went to more than one doc and they performed various tests and couldn't seem to figure out much of anything. Try to also lay low on the greasy foods and sugar, they seem to exacerbate the problem for me anyhow.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I would ask for more tests. The pain is there for a reason and you need to get it figured out. Maybe it will disappear on its own, as pains often do. Or maybe it's your body asking you to fix it before it turns into something much worse. You could try altering your diet a bit if it's not already a good diet ... ie., adding more water, fresh fruit, veggies, and much less bad foods - greasy, fatty foods, dark meat, etc.... and definitely add Milk Thistle and lemon water (warm/hot) for the liver, and lots of water in general.

Try not to panic. Your liver is an amazing organ and, while it may (or may not) be angry right now, if you treat it right it should get happy again. Give it a try and see if there's any difference.

And keep on posting to let us know how you're doing. You're on a great website. Lots of understanding, supportive people here with many stories to relate to.

Nice to meet you.
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

I had pains in that area and starting taking Liv 52 ...
          Within a week it started to go away and has never returned.
          1 Himalaya Herbal Liv 52 - 100 tab BUY 3 GET 1 FREE USA - eBay (item 150339014138 end time Jul-13-09 08:07:49 PDT)
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I was looking for this post...I just wanted to provide those who are worried about pains in their sides/back some information from my personal situation. I've had a burning in right side behind the ribs as well for about 6 months. I went completely AF a week ago. Although the WDs are a pain (this will go away), my burning sensation is almost gone! I know we each have our individual circumstances and I still need to get checked out, but I am very optimistic that getting this poison out of your body can do amazing things.
            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Maybe gall bladder....I know that the pain radiates to the back and the shoulder. Ask your doc about that......
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

I've had the same pain, and it turned out I was suffering from mild alcohol-induced hepatitis. After giving up alcohol completely, the pain disappeared after about one week, although my upper right abdomen (directly under the ribcage) remained tender for a couple weeks more. My doctor advised me to avoid fatty foods and ensure I consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein and fiber. After a follow-up ultrasound two months after I quit alcohol, there appeared to be no abnormalities with my liver. So in short, it's wise to be attentive to your pains, but don't freak out; from what you've described, you aren't suffering any advanced symptoms of liver disease and thus can recover by giving up the sauce.

Comment

Working...
                X