In chat and in loving memory of Tigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 8:30 am Tigger passed away from Liver Failure. Mom didn't find out until 6:30pm (dunno why, could be the vet was doing an autopsy, or he was trying to find the words). I was at church because of VBS so I didn't get to find out about Tigger until I got home. I was shocked. When we visited him yesterday he was getting perky and yesterday he was doing a little better. But last night he got still and died this morning. I can't believe that Tigger has gone onto Kitty heaven. I love him so much and I thank God so much for making Tigger fight for as long as he did. He could of easily died last year, but he kept on fighting. In the end it was his liver. He was ok until he went on a diet. And then the downturn of his health started. We get to keep Peaches now, but I rather have Tigger because I knew him better.

But I will not drink. Not with your all helping me.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Thank you. Bookmarked the poem and will use it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Drifty...Sorry to hear of your lost. I know how tough it is to loose a pet. I lost my Chiuauha a couple years ago (Max) I had for 7 years........spent about $2,000 on him before he passed away. Went out and got another Chi after he died.....but Max was one of a kind. IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Drifty, big hugs to you. Losing a pet is so very hard. I am sorry.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Teddy on 7/26 of last year. It's devastating. Good on you for not picking up a drink. I know how hard it is and how much it hurts.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

We lost a beloved dog that we rescued a couple of years ago. He was from an abused home and had problems trusting people. I felt for him so badly because of how he was treated previously. I know how you feel; these four legged little friends are like family and they deserve to be treated lovingly.

Just know this. Trigger loved you and you took care of him, loved him, and he is in a happier place now. You will see him again one day.
            I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Hi Drifty I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are such a big part of our lives in such a positive way. My dogs are part of the family. I still vividly remember having to take my dog of 14 years to be put to sleep on christmas eve 7 years ago.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Alison,
                Sorry to hear of your little friend. I also had to put my dog of 15 yrs, to sleep almost 2 years ago now. It is absolutely devastating. My thoughts are with you. Stay strong, talk about him, and use all the support you can.
                Best wishes,...........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi drifty-i'm new here but just wanted to say RIP to Tigger. Like so many others here i also know the pain you are feeling Take care x

Comment

*hugs* ... It's so difficult to let them go.. they're so trusting and innocent and look to us to love them and help them ... Thank you for giving Tigger so much love and caring. You gave her a very good life. And little *hugs* to Peaches too .. Sounds like she's got herself a great home there and I'm sure she has lots of kitty love to give.
                    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Our little four legged friends are sometimes more like family than the "supposed" real thing.
                      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Alison,

As a Mom to a two most loving Kitties in the world, my heart goes out to you.
                        One of my little ones had a terible reaction after being fixed and almost died... I cried for three days at a thought of losing her. But she made it.
                        I am so sorry about your kitty. Hang in there and I am so proud of you for not picking up a drink.
                        "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
                        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Oh, big hugs, Alison! :l:l:l:l:l I am so sorry about your furry friend! I know what a special relationship we have with our beloved pets. 'Would swear that my long-gone cat was an angel sent to help me through some rough times. Sending you thoughts of comfort and love.

LilBit
                          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Drifty, my very biggest huggs to you. I love my animals to bits and know how much it hurts to loose one. People who care as much as you did are special people indeed.

Comment

DriftyAlison0, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Like many others I can relate to the pain of losing a beloved pet. I am sure Tigger is in a heavenly place with all our treasured companions. Hugs to Peaches who has big paw prints to fill.
                              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                              November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X