who is better : topamax or baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all can you please tell me from your experince who is better : topamax or baclofen?

- From the effect point of view? Meaning in how long will the baclofen and / or topamax will take effect?

-I see a lot of posts about baclofen? What about topamax, how this drug helped you and with what consequence? I mean taking for example 25Mg of Topa, in how long will take effect and if this stops the thinking and the taking of alcohol?

For example I would like to have this post as a topamax vs baclofen from all poit of views( period for the effect to take place, quantity, reactions, thoughts).

Please advise.

IV,

I am allergic to Topamax. So, Baclofen is my way and it is really helping me greatly.

Many here have had good success with Topamax, though, and should be chiming in shortly.

:welcome: and good luck with your search.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi IV, I have never taken topamax. I worh in a field that skirts the fringes of medicine. I had experienced people who had been on Topamax for bulimia and it worried me about how their emotions seemed to be numbed.

I have started Baclofan and other than mild, transient, euphoria and feelings of relaxation, I have had no serious effects on my mood.

Comment

I been on both and it is HANDS DOWN Baclofen ..........The WINNER !!!

Topa gave me "brain farts" and I'm not all that smart to begin with so ????
        I feel so much calmer and balanced on Bac.
        Topa was alot more toxic although Topa was better for weight loss....It wasn't worth it for me.
        I think that following the exercise program as RJ recommends is a much better way to lose the BOOZE FAT and get back in shape !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I have taken Topa and it didn't work for me. I have no taken Baclfen but I am talking Nal following The Sinclair Method, and while it is a long process, I am seeing it work as have many others.

I am aware of others who have taken Topa and it worked, however the side effects were so severe, they needed to stop for their health.

Good luck with your decision! We are all behind you regardless of what you choose!

Christy
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

I never got past one week of topa so I can't really say how long topa takes. i have had effects with baclofen after 3 weeks. The side effect profile for baclofen is less serious, in my opinion.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you all for your replies. I have a question. Is Topa or Baclofen good from 4rx.com. I have never ordered from there?

Comment

many of us have ordered baclofen from 4rx. Don't know about topa. There is a topa progress thread, might look for it and ask there.

Comment

River-Pharmacy who sponsors this site is a reliable source for Topa ...haven't really checked anywhere else.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

As far as I know, both River and 4rx are well-known and respected sources for online medications. I would check the prices and also how long shipping takes-- I know shipping time for Baclofen varies widely if you order from 4rx, which I think is based in India (???). I think River has bases in Canada and Japan, which might make shipping times shorter, depending on where you live. It's best to check it on the internet. They all have toll-free numbers, so you can also call them and ask for the information.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                    X