Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From Planet New2Modding.

Well hello there fellow Moderator Folk,
    I will have been AF for 6 months on the 17th ( Woohoo!) and Smoke free for 8 months I believe ( what a relief ).
    This last 6 months I have pushed through boundaries I never thought possible without a little ( alot ) of dutch courage. I knew that being sober was one thing, but being sober and building up courage and confidence was going to be key to my sobriety and key to being able to mod at some point. I believe that I drank ( major binger ) for confidence, although i was extremely outgoing and found it easy and comfortable to initiate conversation with strangers I had very low self esteem and felt ' wonderful, witty and gorgeous ' after a few.

Anyhoo I am liable to go off on waaaay to many tangents if I do not get to the point of my thread.
    So...'Hello', I am entering the modding world shortly ( with a plan ! ) and so I plan to be around these walls frequently and wanted to introduce myself ...Sara here eace:...and I look forward to taking bits and bobs of wisdom from your threads and hope that I will be strong and apply them to my situation.

I will use the drink tracker and continue to work on my inner confidence ( no more fronts) . Hopefully you are all well and healthy and talk soon!
    Sez
    Sober since Jan 17th 09
    Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Welcome Sara and a huge congrats on 6 months AF -- and NF -- that is an amazing accomplishment.
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
    Please come and post on our daily thread called "Mod Squad" where we all hang out and support one another in our quest for living the mod like.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hiya Dee Bee, Thanks for the welcome. I will try and find this mod thread, as i thought that this was it...Computers...me...not so good.
      I read a post of yours before- re: HALT and thought this was fabulous so thanks for that!

See you on the mod thread...provided i do not get lost along the way ( not a euphamism ).

Cheerio Sez
      Sober since Jan 17th 09
      Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

:welcome: wannabefree and well done on your non drinking & smoking archivements :goodjob:you will meet great people here who will support you through thick & thin

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome WannaB - you mention you have a plan - something that is certainly key when it comes to modding.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

WannaB,
            Welcome! I hope that the strategies mentioned on the various threads in this section provide a menu for your choices. Drink Tracker is a great tool for being honest with yourself, and being able to look back to see just how much you did drink. I find it most helpful to only record standard 5 oz. servings (for wine).
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome WannaB:
              Congrats on your accomplishments so far, and I look forward to hearinf about your accomplishments as you go forward. You can do it. We can help.
              Best.

Ask

Comment

click here and it'll take you to the Mod Squad thread :-)
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f3...-11-34862.html
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                X