scared now...please help with next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke with another member on the phone this am and it helped..my plan for the day was to (try AGAIN) to get medical help. I called. no return call, again (USA no insurance so they dont care). Tried the emg room, that landed me in jail for mixing pills and beer...lesson learned there!

Now what?!
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Hi colbe,
    No real advice, I`m afraid, since am not in States, so don`t really understand your health care system. Just hang around here and someone will be along soon to offer you advice suitable to your locale.

Thinking of you. :l

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

[QUOTE=Starlight Impress Forever;663568]Hi colbe,
      No real advice, I`m afraid, since am not in States, so don`t really understand your health care system. Just hang around here and someone will be along soon to offer you advice suitable to your locale.
      thanks, I am hanging. I have one hour of battery on my laptop and loosing my mind...911? trying not to....prob make it worse. I am hanging. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
      Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

colbe, if you need to call 911..call. it isnt my favorite thing to do but if you think you are in danger. who are you calling for help. i know you can call AA and they will get you help. please dont give up. where are you located? do you want to go to chat

Comment

SIF

I think basically you either pay privately or wait until you are on your death-bed to get scooped up by the state [under]funded lot.

Really we aren't a lot more different over here, certainly with regards to our problem. I've been bad again and it's a choice between another ?4-5K on top of not earning for 3 weeks (bills to pay etc) or try go down the begging Drs, waiting lists route. I've already spent ?16k in 3 years privately so got to do this at home.

I did manage to obtain some librium from my Dr earlier this year, but they are sooo careful giving it out - had to check I would be with someone responsible the whole time and only let me have 24 hours supply at any time.

NHS have refused me residential treatment on the grounds I'm merely a binge drinker. So, it's water and slight wobbles for me today but I know tomorrow I'll be a lot better.

Comment

colbe, I agree to call 911 if you have to. I am in the States and where I live there is a crisis line and they will call and pick you up and take you to detox. I don't know if you have that option available - to call a crisis line and explain what is going on. Here they put the alcohol withdrawal people as a priority, due to the very real dangers of withdrawal.
            ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Hun, I've sent you some phone numbers and a website in PM. Call me if your battery isn't holding up... I'll give you all that over the phone!

Hang in there - you can do this!

:l
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

colbe;663565 wrote: I spoke with another member on the phone this am and it helped..my plan for the day was to (try AGAIN) to get medical help. I called. no return call, again (USA no insurance so they dont care). Tried the emg room, that landed me in jail for mixing pills and beer...lesson learned there!

Now what?!

WTF? What was the charge?
                That seems just wrong, I mean you went for help!

Thinking of you Colbe :l
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

United way had FREE REFERRAL a service at one time you could call 211 from any phone in the US and they would help you. I was told they closed the service due to lack of funding but I would try calling the UNITED WAY..that's part of what they are supposed to be there for and it is was a free service.
                  I pray that they can help you.
                  If you go to the emergency room they have to make sure your life isn't in danger(I believe it's the law).
                  My father was a COP and he would take people to the ER who were in medical emergency and stay there until the Doctors made sure they weren't in danger.
                  He was a caring cop.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X