OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG

How do I stop.........everyday I'm not going to do this...and everyday I do........I'm killing myself............HOW DO I STOP:new:

OMG

Well, I'm only on day two here, so I don't have words of wisdom. What I can tell you is this forum is wonderful and has kept me AF for two days now. A long time ago I went to AA and didn't pick up a drink for 26 months, but that was a very long time ago and I'm no longer an AA person - just something to consider if you've never been. It does help some people.

Realizing your killing yourself is a good thing. Yeah, me too. Perhaps this will give you added incentive to stop? Oh, and one thing I've been doing is to drink a TON of water - maybe too much. But I figure it's cleaning out my system. Maybe drinking a lot of water would help.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

OMG

Make a plan. You can't really stop in earnest unless you have a plan. Here is a good place to start.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Of course, no one can do it for you. You have my best wishes. xo Beth
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

OMG

Hi Fay and welcome!

Wanting to stop is a good first step. You have found your way to this site so obviously you have been looking for that answer. RJ (Roberta Jewel) outlines a way that worked for herself and many. You can download or order the book from this site.

Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself? This is a great site full of caring, supportive people willing to help you in your efforts to overcome this addiction.

Look around the site and read posts in the different sections. I'm sure you will find people with stories you can relate to. You'll find you are not alone in this.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

OMG

Everyday I wake up.....feeling like (*)#(%).......and everyday is the last day.......I can't do this anymore..I'm killing myself....I hurt

I drink 1500 ml a day of wine and at least 750 ml of sambuca.........I still have a job but I don't accomplish much when I'm there........I know they know.......take the pain away

Comment

OMG

I just want to die

Comment

OMG

Have you ever considered going into detox? That's a way to break the cycle. I did that once and, while no picnic, I did get a few days in and I was safe during the withdrawal process.
              ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

OMG

fay2play;664413 wrote: I just want to die
                are you drinking right now?
                An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

OMG

Yes.............when don't I?

Comment

OMG

fay2play;664413 wrote: I just want to die
                    I know you don't want to die. We just need to work on what you issues are. Please....don't say you want to die. I'll bet there's someone who will miss you.........besides us.
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

OMG

fay2play;664423 wrote: Yes.............when don't I?
                      use the forum right now to help you find some friends who will listen.
                      maybe you just feel alone and the only way out is here, right?
                      its okay i have a few minutes before sleepy-time.
                      i am so tired. your words caught my eyes.
                      how can i help you?

Comment

OMG

Please sleep..........I know how much it is needed.......please, I'll be ok.thnak you for your concern.....

Comment

OMG

fay2play;664436 wrote: Please sleep..........I know how much it is needed.......please, I'll be ok.thnak you for your concern.....
                          well, i need some time to cool off from my shift. & i know you are lonely. believe me, when my head hits the pillow i will be snoring for a good 9 hours.

what is OMG? Oh My Gout?

i am sorry.

Comment

OMG

OMG, sometimes going to an emergency room helps. They give you fluids and drugs to help ease the withdrawal symptoms. And they can determine if you need detox and you can be safe. If you want to stay home, Maybe someone can come and sit with you for a few days. Just stay home from work -- indeed you really are sick and drink tons of water and watch TV with someone to talk to. There are lots of people here who have been in the same spot. Even though it sounds like you are panicky because you can't stop, you can. This is the hard part but it gets better very soon if you just put the wine down.

Comment

OMG

Hi Fay,
                              You might need professional help during detx - in the mean time try and have a glas of water for every drink you have. There is hope, don't give up.
                              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X