Sunday Sept 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Sept 3rd

Only half a bottle of white last night. I feel like it's a good start. The test for me will be tonight as I aim to not drink when working the next day. I have a bottle of non-alcoholic in the chiller. Hope everyone is doing ok with their aims.
    Waves 2
    Enough is enough

Sunday Sept 3rd

Good Sunday Morning,
    Feels like September..I welcome that! Alcohol free last night. I moved up to 175mg of Top this week..I think I've said I've toggled between 150-200 trying to find the right dosage. I tell you, I slacked on the Allone and the supplements a couple of weeks ago and my appetite came back with a vengence (very surprised after 12 weeks of enjoying a normal appetite) and a couple of mini binge nites..at least since the MWO..anyway, just wanted to report that just 3 days back on all the supps and up25mg, last night I just non chalantly 'passed' on the wine and my appetite seems to have returned to 'normal'..YAY MWO!

Another leisurely day planned....this is huge for me ladies...I've spent the last year reorganizing my life and cutting my schedule to have weekends like this..no plans, no agendas, no deadlines, and I'm loving it!

Bathing dogs today, walking in the park...will cook a meal, may try to organize my junk room.

I will probably have a couple of glasses of that pinot tonight.

Have a lovely day!
    di

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Good Morning All,
      I am on my 5th day of supps and allone, I had 1 beer last night, pretty good for a saturday night. My goal is to be AF during the week and only 1 or 2 drinks on friday and saturdays, nothing on sundays because of work the next day. Last week I had nothing during the week and I felt great at work and my coworkers commented on the good mood I was in.
      Have a great day!
      Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

So much for things slowing down a bit... Oh well ...to be expected w/ Labor Day weekend! Ran full board from 2pm till 10:30 last night(paid aerobics!).:H Finally got home to relax w/a glass of wine about 11:00, fell asleep before I finished it...

Don't have to go in till 3:00 today so maybe I'll squeeze in a paddle for a bit, not quite as warm as it has been.... but it'll be raining soon enough...:upset:

Hope everybody's having a great weekend. Hugs, Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Well I was just popping around the boards & reading here & there, now I feel the need to post in "Favor" of Moderation!

I find it quite amazing that I've gone 9 months, without having to "call in" to work & lie about being sick... or have some kind of excuse for not being able to work ... due to drinking. This whole nine months; I have been drinking(moderatly...except for 18 days in March, which were AF).

I just feel like, if I were going for Abs, I would be dissapointing myself weekly, (at least). So mods seems to work for me.

I know before I found MWO... 9 months without having to "call in", just would not have happened.... I was going thru jobs like kleenex! I was also about to loose everything near & dear to me, as well as my self respect & will to live. So, for any newcomers, who might be reading some other posts...(elsewhere...on the boards)... don't believe EVERYTHING ya read... this MWO thing, is just that. It's all very individual, what works
          for some, doesn't for others...

Personaly, I prefer to sip a bit of wine, ..... :H
          :l Judie

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Mods is Cool!

Hey no need to defend moderation! For those who can do it, moderation is great! I know that the story about Audrey has caused quite a stir, and for many of us, it might not be hard to imagine ourselves in her place. I know that I am lucky, because I have never had a blackout. I've had a "gray out", I guess, where things have gotten sort of foggy, and I don't remember well, but I still remember. Anyway, I saw Judie's post, and I just thought I'd pop on over and say hi, and also that I read your posts too.

I get a lot of inspiration over here from all of you, and I wish I could do better at keeping it at just a few drinks!!

Lots of love,

Kathy:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Hi Lovely Ladies,
              I too have been thinking a lot about moderation latey...read Audrey's story..in fact saw that it was on and quickly changed channels..had no desire to actually see it!...what does that tell you? Anyway..lots of thinking going on, on my part. Here I am, extended weekend...Jen, always hits me with a big reality slap, as it is such a Habit for me, I mean literally something I've done, (dare I say daily) for years (dare I say 20) it's hard to change after 3 months..but I'm GOING to get there!! (as I SIP my wine) The thing is...other threads on this board have pointed out a lot of good thoughts...there is one on "asking your dr. for topa" this lady asked and the dr. said go to AA and she said would you say that if I asked to quit cigarettes?? and than one lady just flat out lied and said she had migraines and the dr. was like, "okay, you poor thing, here's some topa.." and than, here's Audrey, trying to do it herself without any kudzu or l-glut or topa, just her own mind...and we would never expect someone with depression or an addiction to cigarettes or even migraines to just go to some support group--the thing we have some tools, some resources now to help.
              I think Moderation is definately something that is an option with the right tools (supps/topa/support)
              I am hoping at least.
              Love to you,
              sm-mary

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Ditto on your post Mary. I think we've come sooo far now, with all the new info & research/tools available today. It's not the same as yesterday... let alone last week or last year...

The earth really isn't flat... & we don't need to play "ostrich"

I count my blessings every day for finding this program :thanks: RJ!!

Audrey's story is definatly heartbreaking... I'm thankful I've not been in an accident because of drinking long ago...I can't even imagine how devastating that would be.

Sorry, I'm rambling... long night @ work... but, this is still in my mind. Just can't take anything for granted...:l

Judie

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

One more thing to add to my list for Sept:
                  1. Watch my Sugar intake!! As last night I stayed up and at Cookie Dough Ice Cream, for Heaven's Sake! and have been up now since 3am!! I know it's the sugar! I have not had sugar (except in the wine I drink..oh the irony..since June)
                  Now...Dilayne---I did, for the first time in 2 months, skip my supps yesterday--only took my kudzu and topa--maybe that had something to do with the appetite craving for sugar?? Oh well, today is a new day...
                  Have a wonderful one!
                  sm-mary

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

so far so good

I've been around for,this is my fifth week and I have gone from feeling so out of control,just chasing that buzz everynight with a couple of cozmos then some wine then an after dinner drink.I really have had a complete turn around and have been able to moderate and I pray it continues.I am doing most elements of the program but really feel the topamax has made a huge difference.I have some AF days but when I drink I am able to have 1-2 drinks at a time. I was never ever able to drink one glass of wine,that was ridiculous, why bother.But my brain has changed,it's not the same compulsive chase of that buzz.I feel like this might be what a normal person feels like. I'm only on 75mg of topamax hope Ican stay there.I need to keep doing all the other things and never feel like I've got this beat but I can't believe what a difference this has made in mylife,Thank you all for the support and this website is great.Have people in the US had as much trouble getting the topamax i'm going to eventually have to get it from a doctor,I had some from another that I start

ed on.Am very nervous about asking for prescription.can you get it without script in us??
                    Mare

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Mare, I have not asked my dr. I was all prepared to do so in June, but than I chickened out. Looking back, I should have...the worst she could have said was no. I know lot of ladies that go to my dr. and they are always spouting off all of the anitdepressents she perscribes to them. Anyway, I ended up ordering on-line, which I was nervous about, but turned out to be fine..my insurance has a huge deductible on scripts anyway, so it wasn't like I was going to save a ton of money...however, I do plan on getting a dr's appt. and going in and telling her that I'm on topa, it's doing wonders for me, presenting her with the book and articles, and telling her that I would prefer to be under a dr's care, and if she doesn't want to prescribe it to me, I will tell her I will still continue to take it because I will still continue to order it from overseas! I picture myself doing this calmly and rationlly with all my facts even if I'm dressed only in my socks and that little gown. I can do it. Let me know what happens when you ask---remember---all they can say is No...
                      And they don't know Everything! sm-mary

Comment

Sunday Sept 3rd

Oh, and by the way, Mare--
                        could totally relate to your drinking pattern---as mine was similar--always striving for that one last glass to capture that one last bit of buzz...it's so much better now.
                        sm-mary

Comment

Working...
                        X