Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, September 3rd

Hi all,

What a wonderful exchange of ideas and help on yesterday's mods thread!

You are all correct that was very sad about Audrey, that does not mean that everyone has to be abstinent. MWO really has helped me get over that "chasing the buzz" that all the Marys here were talking about. I agree with Judie on that part of the mods, it can be done and it feels good.

I had a rum and coke at my parents last night as I was there from early morning with the jumping and running routine. My husband showed up with the steaks (which neither one ate more than a bite or two but hey it was worth a try!) and asked if I would you like a drink. I was ready to take the edge off. I said make it light so the one shot drink was plenty for me. After dishes I realized I hadn't even finished it.

Still better to not have the rum at my own house right now, because it is best to create a different pattern and habit for me. If it is there, I am afraid it will start calling me from the cabinet!

Crazy week ahead, Santa Fe at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for a gov project, a display booth on Thursday afternoon, my mom's oncology appointment on Friday afternoon. In here today to illustrate a logo for an exclusive club and the companion brochure as I see no uninterrupted time anywhere else during the week. I am happy to have the work but burning down adding my parent care time to my schedule.

If I don't make it back much during the week, just know I am thinking about all of you. I am so proud of each of you for following your plans so well and trying so hard!

What a great group of ladies, have a wonderful week!

:l :h
    Mary

PS: so it is the 4th and I can't edit that on the screen . . .whatever!!

Monday, September 3rd

Mary, I am impressed you were fine with one drink and did not even finish. I shamefully arrive here to the mods board after not a good weekend. I know I cannot keep it in the house either as it just screams my name so I have decided to not keep it in the house and if I do buy any wine it will be a small bottle, not 3-4 of them. I am feeling like a loser today and sick of myself. Tomorrow will be a new start as I will not be hungover!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Lush--We are here to help each other when we slip down these slippery slopes. Today is a new day. We are far from losers! We would not be here if we were.
      Love to you!
      sm-mary

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Thanks Mary. That made me feel better.....love this board!!!

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Hi Lush and soccermom Mary,

WOW, Lush, believe me I did have a super hard struggle in there for awhile. I did the same weekend thing but unlike you I ran away from the boards. I think a part of it was so hard to tell myself this was it, I wasn't going after that buzz, ever again! Well, I did and then I found I feel better not drinking like that, but it did take a awhile and was a real mental challenge more than a physical challenge. I THINK YOU ARE DOING GREAT!! Mary is right, no losers here!

I don't know if this will help but a quick story: I had to start watching for triggers and one was stopping off at the liquor store conveniently on my way home from physical therapy. Once I stopped buying, I felt better about that but was tempted in the grocery store even for quite some time. The other day my full weeks worth of groceries including some items for my parents was way lower than it used to be, it hit me . . . no alcohol purchases or sodas to go with them.

If you feel it will call too loudly, try a couple weeks without it in the house and see how you are doing. It may really help. I have kept rum out and Judie says for months she kept hard liquor out of the house.

Wishing you a wonderful day, you have the strength!
          Hugs and Love,
          Mary

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Hi everyone,
            Mary, good for you on not finshing your one and only drink and Lush we are all here for you, I bought 6 pack of beer on Thrusday night and told myself that this had to last the 4 day holiday and it did, I would normally buy a 12 and then a 12 the next day and so on. So, if a old beer drinker like me can go to the liqure store and only by a 6 pack you can also only buy that 1 bottle of wine.
            We all believe in you!
            Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Thanks for the kind words Mary. There are a lot of Mary's moderating, aren't there?? I know the key is changing the habit and the triggers but it is so hard to break a 20+ year habit. I am glad we are all here to support each other. You two Mary's made me feel a lot better today. Thanks!!!! And I had the same thing happen with the groceries last week when I was AF for four days. I could not believe how cheap my groceries were. I then realized that perhaps I can splurge on the seafood I am always depriving myself of because I think it is too expensive when the reality is is that the wine is what is costing our grocery bills to be so high. Ridiculous!!!! Let's stay in touch!!!

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Thanks to you too Patti. I did not see your post until after I had posted. I will keep coming here this week for support for sure. My other motivator is I MUST lose 10 pounds before October 10th when an old boyfriend is coming to visit with his family. I was a 23-year-old hottie when I knew him and I am now almost 40!!! Egads!!!!!!!! I can look okay on a good day but am too heavy all thanks to my best friend, Mr. Vino. No more dammit!!!! No more!!!! Have a great day everyone!!! One more day of relaxing for me before the school routine starts up tomorrow. Time to start a new routine all the way around I would say.

Comment

Monday, September 3rd

Good evening. Well, I know what my trigger is, and that is relationship stuff..especially lately as we are in such a transitional state. I'm a little dissappointed to have to report that I did end up drinking a bottle of pinot last night, when I probabaly would have just had 3 glasses had I not let myself get carried away by a dissappointment. Friday night I think I had one glass of wine, Saturday night I didn't even want any but when my husband told me last night in the middle of a movie that he was working today and planned a meeting with his men's group for tonight (Labor Day)...well, BIG TRIGGER ... my heart wants have a healthy detachment about such stupid decisions on his part, but sometimes ..well, that's the rest of the story..

I did get a HUGE lesson this summer ladies (my therapy did help me with this) ...I saw how brutal I was with myself when I did slip..it showed up in a dream..it was one of those dreams that has stayed with me..I mean I would beat myself up without any mercy if I has a slip like this before which only made things worse, and I stopped doing that that very day..so I'm not doing that today, it doesn't happen very often, and thank GOD, it was a small bottle..what is that about 5 glasses of wine...well, about 5 months ago, that would have been a large bottle, or maybe even more, and now I know what the trigger is and I am also doing major work all around that very issue, and I am not crucifying myself anymore....major progress!

Namaste!

Comment

Working...
                  X