Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has This Thread Cecome the Shout out for Colbe Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see nothing recent other than that. Not badmouthing colbe, but this thread is never updated except for "a shout out to colbe."
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Sosad...do you need someone to talk to....do you want to chat?

Comment

I tend to agree with sosad. Colbe ain't around.

Comment

Well, in a way, it's wonderful if there aren't any new shout outs for help

But, no, to answer your question, sosad, this section is about calling out for immediate help.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I've tried Colbe's number constantly since early my time. Previously I thought she was in detox. I am impotent and lost on the other side of the world
          Long Road
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LR,

I am worried about her, too.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Same here... I haven't heard from her in a week or so
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Maybe she is too embarrassed to come here after a lot of people 'scolded' her when she posted she was going to call 911? I know that after those posts, I wouldn't come back. I probably wouldn't return calls from members either, due to embarrassment. That is what I am thinking. Who are we to decide whether or not it was appropriate?

I hope that she is OK and has turned to people for help in her part of the world.

Losing custody of a child is devastating to a mother, or parent. It would be very hard to think straight. I, personally feel that it wasn't necessary for whomever it was to start a thread solely based upon when it is right or wrong to call 911. Emotional distress and the feelings of being at ones 'end of the rope' is a good reason to call, I believe. Thinking of suicide is an emergency. How many people are rational in that state of mind?

Statistically speaking, most who feel this way and tell others, more than likely won't do it.

More than likely she is embarrassed.

Plus, we are alcoholics and have irrational thinking.... even when we are in early sobriety.

Comment

cacky;674216 wrote: Sosad...do you need someone to talk to....do you want to chat?

Hi cacky. I apologize if I came across as critical of colbe; I support colbe wholeheartedly and was just wondering why there where no other updates rather than the colbe thread.

Colbe, if you came across my thread, please, please believe me that I support you, have supported you, and will support you in the future. I wasn't one to criticize you for calling 911.

You obviously thought that you needed to do that and I didn't see anything wrong with it.

cacky, actually I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've been taking "baby steps" to wean myself from alcohol as well as prescription medications; I've begun to work out again, albeit slowly.

For the first time in months this morning I actually had caffeine and it didn't send me into a panic attack.

Over a week ago, I was drinking 21 tall boy beers a day. Yesterday, I had 12, but sipped them over a period of 15 hours, and then I ate a great big meal for dinner.

I've completely weaned myself off lexapro and librium to boot. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again!

In the past, when I've quit "cold turkey" it didn't seem to work. After a week or so, I'd always say to myself "Hey, I conquered this thing once, and I can do it again; why not have a good ol' one nighter to celebrate?" That would get me started on the same old rollercoaster again.

The best way for me to quit is to quit slowly, with baby steps. That is what has worked for me in the past.

Believe me, working out with weights and drinking caffeine are huge steps for me.

And cacky, thank you for the offer to chat. I WILL join the chat room sometime and would love to chat with you friend.

And Colbe, if you EVER want to send me a personal message or even call me (I'll give you my number), you can call me any time, day or night. I don't care if it's three o'clock in the morning friend. I KNOW how it can feel, believe me. You have a LOT of friends here and I for one will NEVER criticize you. You can count on me to talk to you for hours on end if need be, whatever the time.

We all have to stick together because we know how tough it can get at times; the panic, the feelings of helplessness and despair, and so on. We all KNOW those feelings.

And we'll all get through this together.... Promise.

Mike
                  I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

This has to be one of the deadest forums on the Internet. I wrote a sincere and heart felt plea for Colbe and didn't receive a single response.

Deleting this forum from my bookmarks and will never visit again because obviously people here don't want to respond to kindhearted responses.

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

Sosad, I'm not sure I'm following you??

You created a thread about Colbe to which you did receive replies -- unfortunately NONE of us have heard from Colbe and we can only hope and pray that she is still in detox.

Surely this is not a reason for you to leave this forum?
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

One of the deadest forums on the internet? Have you ever used any other forums?
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

When did the thread change from the colbe thread to the sosad thread? Sorry sosad. It was not about you but you did have a great heartfelt post. I hope colbe reads it.

Comment

Working...
                          X