September 6th....Hello???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the moderators today? After a silly weekend I went AF last night and once again that was not too hard. I said this on another thread but I am SHOCKED that I am now on my second week of moderating and I am actually doing a second week. In the way, way past I would not drink for a few days but then the next week would come along and I would think, "I went a couple of days without last week so I am going to drink every day this week and next week, etc." More than the supplements it is having the comraderie (sp?) here that is helping me sooo much. Contributing to my drinking before was also the fact that I felt like I was the only person with this problem which made me feel worse, which made me drink more, etc. And I must say I have never been a discussion board sort of person but this seems to be working for me. I will go AF again tonight and then I have a school BBQ to go to tomorrow night which I WILL moderate at. How is everyone else doing today???
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Hi all,

I realized this morning I left Rachele, sweet Rachele out of the mix yesterday. So sorry dear and I hope you are feeling better with your meds.

Lush, you are so right. Good for you going AF yesterday and continuing with the program. I was in a weird wiped out space last night and really thought about hitting the bottle of scotch out there in the cabinet. then I thought about having a hangover this morning and having to come to the board and say I had . . .however many drinks that would NOT have satisfied me last night! This board helps keep me sane so I thank all who are here for sharing so honestly what is going on in their plans.

I indulged in some ice cream instead, which I paid for this morning being lactose intolerant. What is up with me?!! I actually know: Not finding the place to relax and just let go of all this tension at work and at my parents house. I need to get back on my supps better than I have been and literally just stop all this major work ethic thing. It is Wed, supposedly a day off for me, guess where I am?

Well all the rest, I hope you are having a good day and again welcome to all the new mods, I need to tell you that Judie and Kathy helped me so much in my first couple months, letting go of disappointments when I faltered and starting anew. I hope I can help new people along the way as those two did for me. When I list tips that have helped me - it renews my commitment to the program each and every time!

Hugs and Love to all,
    Mary

PS: Universe quote from yesterday, totally appropriate for me and maybe others?!

You'll see.

The Universe

Comment

Mornin everybody! Yahoo!! I've got the day off

Mary, LOVE the quote from the universe! Kinda reminds me of a quote from "Illusions" by Richard Bache. "The way to avoid resonsibility is to say,...I have responsibilities" Or something like that...

Well another busy night @ work last night, I planned on having a few glasses of wine when I got home, but Hubby was still awake, and had other plans:h ...Better yet!!

Lush, sounds like your doing well with the moderating. Feels good, Huh? I really think this program can work, if you want it to...just takes a bit of (ok a lot) of determination... it's a full time deal... just like drinking has been for a most if us in the past.

Looking like another beautiful day,..I only got to squeeze in an hour on the river yesterday... today I have all day!! It's not even 10:00 & it's 70*!!! Oh GOODY!!

Hope every body has a great day! I sure intend to! Hugs, Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hello Everyone..just a quick fly by here..just one of those busy days. I started going back to the YMCA today..YAY! It felt good to get up and go! I got a schedule of classes and hope to do a yoga class on Tues and Thursday mornings..so will add that to my goal..especially since my lower back has been giving me fits after going out to my veggie garden a week ago like a maniac and overworking it..two visits to the chiropractor this week..hoping I'll get straightened out.

AF this week so far..will be until the weekend with no problem..feeling pretty steady as far as that goes.
        Hope everyone is enjoying this early September..I love the beginning of Autumn..always brings me new energy.
        The increase to 175mg of Top seems to be agreeable to me..I listened to the CDs this weekend as well, so I think that has helped me start the week on a positive note.

Wish I could do personals, but can't seem to slow down here long enough yet to get to know everyone..it is so important though for me to know you are here, and I'm very grateful to each one of you!

Namaste!

Comment

Hello all

Hi all
          Yep its turned into a surprisingly beautful day here too. It rained all morning but the sun is now shining and the birds are singing. I have accomplished tons at work so far so that is always good too...
          Glad to hear that everyone seems to be feeling well and doing well today. I also had an AF night last night and I plan to have another one tonight. I am having my sister over this evening and she is going to visit with me and the kitten as I tidy up and do some cleaning because the hubby comes home on saturday from his month away in LA for work! Finally! She isnt a drinker so that always helps. No excuses needed!
          Glad everyone is well.
          Hugs
          Jen:l
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Mary, you are so sweet, do not worry about me! It's a big group, I'm glad to say

I'm on day two of 50 mg of topamax. I'm feeling a little grumpy but otherwise only slightly dopey.

AF Monday and Tuesday. My goal is to be alcohol free until Friday but hubby went out of town today and won't be back until Friday night, so that will make it harder.

I've been thinking a whole lot lately about weather I can moderate long term. Especially after reading "Audrey's Story" a couple of days ago. There I go thinking again:H

It's is a beautiful day here too!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thanks for the messages of support yesterday. It feels harder today. I keep thinking that I have less time to go this week than I have already done. 3 AF gone 2 left to do. I will take Jenneh's tips on board tonight.
              Waves 2
              Enough is enough

Comment

Wow, hi all you great new people and of course all you great not old people!! Had to take a couple of days off and it took me a good hour to catch up and I didn't even get to the Gen Board. I think I will have to pass that up for now.

I'll try to get to know all of you soon. A couple of things I was able to pick out was a great post by Judie on moderation. One of the things I have often thought to myself was even if I had a not so great day, I have not missed any work since starting the program and I was starting to miss more and more. I also do not worry all the time about my children getting hurt. I used to have this whole setup in my head, where I would have to take one of my children to the hospital for an injury they received, you know, falling off the bike of something like that, but of course I would have been drinking and in the emergency room, I would have had my butt arrested for driving them there under the influence and child endangerment. I used to worry about this all the time. I don't any more. I worry about other stuff, like them getting hurt and falling off their bike, but not about the other stuff. Which is how it should be.

Rachele, I read in your post that you are already on 50mg of topa, be careful not to climb to fast. It can really mess your head up and then you will not want to use it. I am thinking about moving up too.

Kitty Update. I got 2 kittens from the shelter on Friday. A 10 week old named Ash and a 12 week old named Mikey. Very cute and unfortunately they got kitty cough and were really sick by Monday. Already had a very $$ trip to the vet yesterday. Trying to get little kitty antibiotics into their little kitty mouths has been great fun.

Catch you all later,
                Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  Sounds like everybody is doing great on their moderation.:good:
                  Mary your quote is sooo true I'll take anything if it is free!
                  Well I'm keeping up on my allone and supps been thinking about taking l-glutamine along with the Kudzu to help with the cravings, can't take topa because of medical reasons. I've been AF for 3 days. My goal is no drinking during the week and only 1 to 2 drinks on fridays and saturdays, so far so good. only had 6 beers and no wine this weekend and I had 4 days off! I haven't got the cds yet I don't really understand how they work is there anyone that can give some insight on them. Well back to goals --
                  walk my dog each day if it is not raining
                  Drinks lots of water
                  kept up on the supps
                  bye - bye
                  Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Laura,

Thank you so much for that tip!

I didn't "feel" anything on 25mg, so I asked around on chat and someone said they started at 50gms by accident and they were fine so I went ahead and upped it.

Now that I feel okay and still feel like I need a drink on day two at 50mgs, I am tempted to up it again!

But I have to work on Friday, Saturday and Monday night and after your advice I think I will wait until Monday night after work to kick it up to 75mgs.

I hated my "See no evil" Monkey avitar so I changed it. I'm not super thrilled with the puppy either, but it's better than the buddha belly monkey for now.
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Oh Laura, I am laughing at your little kitty antibiotics in little kitty mouths. They have this sixth sense that tells them it is medicine and seem to find ways to toss it back out no matter what! A vet showed me a way to drop the pill down without hurting them. They are not crazy about it . . .but it does work. Gently tip their heads back by taking a hold on the side of ther jaws and lightly pull it back until you have a straight shot down their throat. Drop the pill in and they swallow it. I promise it doesn't hurt them. It pi**es them off a bit but you get the meds down and they get better! Good luck! Also so proud of you for working through your plan. don't you feel you lost some anxiety overall with out the drink? I feel like that.

Rachele, come on the board if you feel lonely. I miss not getting here at night but tons of great people are here to help you get past the witching hour!

Patti, read your story. thanks for sharing with us. I really can't say enough good things about the cds and I was totally against buying them since I had done a quit smoking cd, hypnotherapy that did not work for me. This has. You sit and listen and relax, he takes you to a deep hypnotic state and gives you suggestions on moderating and gives you time to make up your own little inspiring thoughts on how you want your life to look. Some people say they make them super sleepy, for me, I just finally unwind a little. OK, here is the deal, I am a triple AAA type personality strung pretty tight! So they are wonderful for me!

Dilayne, Jen and Judie, you guys sound great!

Waves, you can do this!! You are tackling the toughest part of the program I think!! Good for you!

hugs to all,
                      Mary

Comment

Laura, I was just reading marys suggestion on giving meds, I too have gone through this and one thing you can do is blow on their little nose after you get the pill down and that makes them swollow!
                        Good luck

Comment

Oh and thanks for the advise on the cds mary I have decided to try them out.

Comment

so late!

Hi all! I keep signing on so late I am not in on any conversations, miss ya, but been so busy lately at work can't get on until late when I get home! Hope all is well, hope you had a great kayak trip today Judie, nice weather and all!?

I am AF again too, so let's keep it up all you mods, and who knows, this weekend, we'll actually moderate!!! I hope I can! I can use all the support you always give me Mary ! you always do! and I appreciate it, hope all is well w/ you and your parents.......miss posting every day as I used to!

I am going to see another horse on Sat to replace my one I had to put down two weeks ago, so Cocoa will not be so lonely......I hate looking out there and seeing him looking so sad! Yes, horses can have feelings believe it or not! They are herd animals, and being alone is not healthy for them ............

Anyway it is getting late, so will turn in, hope everyone HAD a good day, sorry I keep posting so late, and I hope someone reads any of these.

Love,

Hugs,

Mary Anne:l

Comment

Working...
                            X