X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcorexia

Just heard on our local news:

Real Radio Northwest - 105.4fm :: Fears for North West 'Alcorexics'
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Alcorexia

"There are fears it could lead to things like liver damage."

DUH!!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Alcorexia

Ive heard of them, crazy maddness!

Comment

Alcorexia

one2many;676207 wrote: Oh My God,

I have friends that used to do this...NEVER eat if they were going out drinking......said it ruined the buzz.....
        But it's not like that - they are saving their 2000 calories a day so they can use them for alcohol. And as it says it doesn't work like that. My colleague opposite says she does it. Sad.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Alcorexia

I am only learning now about the damage I have done to my body -- smoking, drinking,being a couch potatoe, eating junk food or not eating because "I'm not hungry"!!!
          I hope that those people find their way out pretty soon.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Alcorexia

It's dumb, alcohol is a different kind of carb to food carbs. So simple, it DOESN'T WORK!

Just to prove my point. When I did 30 days alcohol free, I didn't lose any weight, however when I cut out crisps and chocolate for Lent, I lost weight. Those cans of beer I drink are 167 calories each.

I might be wrong in my thinking as I'm no dietition but it does certainly seem that way.

Admittedly my colleague just watches her calorie intake, she just includes her bottle of wine a week as part of that.

Really they are talking about someone who doesn't eat all day on a Saturday, so they can drink 11 drinks in the evening.

Comment

Alcorexia

Sorry, that last post I deleted didn't quite make sense. But people are basically saying, 'I'm not going to eat anything today so I can have 11 drinks tonight.'

Comment

Working...
              X