Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoooops!

Hiya Folks,

Well there goes that plan! What plan? Exactly!

6 Months relatively happily sober and the space of one week of ' modding' I managed two shocker hangovers and already what I feel to be a dent in my self confidence.

Nothing particularily bad happened...except for starting a food fight ( rice and rogan josh sauce..messy ) and dancing seductively around a chair ( But do I have any recollection?).

I had no plan. Zip. Nadda.

I am going to go AF again and look into NLP ( anyone know of any good books, dvd's etc?) ...

Boy oh boy am I a rambler....

Hope that your all feeling ok within and see you on the sunny side! :h
    Sober since Jan 17th 09
    Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Whoooops!

Hi Wanna,

What do you think changed? What was different on the first night to what you do usually? (I would imagine the second naturally followed on from the first after you 'broke' your sobriety).

Were you trying to be AF or to mod? Did you maybe think it'd be alright to have a couple and then have too many? Did you plan to drink at all?

Don't beat yourself up -try to analyse what went wrong so you don't make the same mistake again.

Curry stains can always be washed out...

Personally I think NLP is amazing - it got me over my crippling social phobia and agoraphobia, but I had it 'done to' me my a hypnotherapist. However, I wanted to learn more because it fascinated me the massive change it made in me.

I recommend Introducing NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour and also NLP: The New Technology of Achievement by Steve Andreas, Charles Faulkner to start with. They give you really good basic knowledge.

Boy oh boy am I a rambler....
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Whoooops!

Hi WannaBe,
      Learning to drink moderately is a learned skill, much more difficult than being AF. Set some goals, find some strategies that will work for you. Maybe NLP will be the strategy you need to use to meet your goals.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
      X