Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This my be a silly question but........

Hi all
    New to all this, and very excited about it- I found the website a few days ago- got the MWO book in the post after work today and have read it already, have started taking L-glutamine today and the Kudzu's in the mail. Anyway on to the silly question...........

Has anybody tried just taking the L-glutamine and Kudzu supplements (but not doing topa or the hypnotherapy CD's) and successfully achieved long term moderation (my goal)???

The reason I ask is that I have tried hypnotherapy CD's twice before (for quitting smoking) and found then completely useless. Admittedly MWO maybe better product but I'm pretty cynical about the genre ( BTW finally gave up the weed using a great book which advocated CBT techniques). Also the job I do involves being pretty quick and accurate and cogent on commercial issues and if topa prevents me from making good judgement calls and to forget things (as noted in the potential side effects section of the MWO book) I could be looking for new job very quickly!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has had similar issues/ concerns and I would really appreciate any advice or relevant experiences

Really pleased to have found this place!!!

Andy the Brit

Hi Andy,

Nice to have you on board. I am not doing topa or CD's either and have been moderating for 7 months. I think the supps are fantastic - I especially rely on the kudzu and I've also added the water/salt thing as mentioned in RJ's blog. I have limited my drinks to 3 per day and while that is not everyone's idea of successful moderation - for me it's brilliant. I couldn't be happier.

Tawny

Comment

Hey Andy - Welcome!!

Well, I tried just the supps without the book or the CDs for about 7 weeks. Had a great 2 week abs start but then floundered. The reasoning behind not getting the CD's was the same as yours! Didn't work cost a fortune and I went back to smoking. Weird thing is, the cds have actually been the best thing for me adding the execise in there too before I broke my drinking habit. I will call it a habit as I had no real physical withdrawal symtoms people speak about. Total head game for me. About a month into using the cds off and on, I just woke up and didn't need the alcohol, didn't need to think about it so much either.

Hope that helps! I wish you the best on this journey!
      Mary

PS: I am not on any of the meds either.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks TawnyFrog and MKR. Great to hear your different strategies have both delivered what you wanted (congrats) so that gives me the confidence to try and tailor the programme to suit me rather than slavishly follow it to the letter. The worst that can happen is that this approach fails, so then I'll try the whole shebang.
        Thanks again
        Andy

Comment

:welcome: andymark,
          I too I'm just taking the kudzu with the supps, don't have the cds yet not too sure about them plus the cost. I am on my second week and feeling great I only had 6 drinks and it was a 4 day weekend for me. The allone makes me feel great in the morning lots of energy. I'm going to get some L-glutamine to go along with the kudzu to help with the cravings. All in all I feel great and this board helps me get throug the night great people with great surport.
          Hope to see you more on the board take care
          Patti :happyheart:

Comment

glad i found this one

Hey Andy, thanks for posting this question.

I am not a fan of any prescribed medication (go figure, I will self medicate with anything else), that aside, I was looking through some herbal websites and found this recipe for recovery. I am going to put it at the end of this post. It looks like an aweful lot of sup's a day, I would fear that this mega amount may do more harm than good. If anyone has tried the 'just supplements' route, let me know what you think. Andy, as this post was from a couple of months ago, I am curious to know how everything worked out with just the L-glutamine and Kudzu? Oh yes, on the site they do not say how long to continue this supplemental regime.

Sunshine & happiness

Site: Alcoholism - healing with herbs, vitamins and minerals.

? Evening primrose oil, 1,000 mg three times daily. Can be replaced with 1,000 mg borage oil once daily.
            ? Kava, 250 mg three times daily. Standardized to contain at least 30% kavalactones.
            ? Milk thistle, 250 mg three times daily - between meals. Standardized to contain at least 70% silymarin.
            ? Kudzu, 150 mg three times daily. Standardized to contain at least 0.95% daidzen.
            ? Vitamin B complex, each morning with food, 1 pill, plus extra 100 mg thiamin. Look for a 400 mcg folic acid; B-50 complex with 50 mcg vitamin B12 and biotin; and 50 mg of all other B vitamins.
            ? Vitamin E / Vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E a day; 1,000 mg vitamin C three times daily. boost the effects of vitamin E.
            ? Amino acids, mixed amino acid complex plus L-glutamine (500 mg two times daily), GABA Vitamin C helps (750 mg two times daily), and NAC (500 mg two times daily). Take on an empty stomach for best absorption.
            ? Chromium, 200 mcg two times daily. Take with a full glass of water or food.

Comment

Hey there

Hi Andy, I like the amino - seems to help with cravings. I do take topa and I take it at 3pm in the afternoon in the office so that any foggy headed symptoms are timed to happen when I get home - also just in time to help put off the desire to drink after work. This seems to help me.
              Ann

Comment

Working...
              X