Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday

Hi all Abbers...Where's our Gabby???????
    Has our mayor been kidnapped?........Is there a ransom note? Anyone know?

Worried.
    Nancy & Belle
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Thursday

Okay, seconding Nancy. Gabby, I hope that you are okay! To all others, good morning, afternoon and evening, whereever your timezone is in absville.

Amazing how widespread this little village of ours is to cross all countries.

May everyone have the best day that they dream of with work, friends and family.

Back to work for me but take care.

Comment

Thursday

I haven't been able to sign on through my regular home page all morning, but I was finally able to sign on through AOL. I hope this post goes through. Maybe Gabby is having some of the same issues???

Maybe we need to have some sort of e-mail tree, so that we can let each other know if something goes wrong. I have to go to work now. It's been frustrating not be be able to get on this morning! Grrrr!
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday

Hiya Chaps, i couldnt get on this site till now, i dont think Gabby could either, more of those server problems....See you all later, gotta make the kids tea before they wreck the place.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday

who stole mwo this morning grrrrrrr!

Comment

Thursday

My MWO has been kidnapped for over 10 hours now ... At least got bathroom stirpped and taken off the tiles - House is still standing WOW !!! Apart from that, been missin my friends chats here today ..

Love You all xxx

spk late no doubt because Lee is off to rugby training later. And you know I'm not happy unless I'm boring the pants off someone yacking on about nonsense !!!! blah blah blah ( my smiley centrals won't work anymore ) oh well :H

And I also have lost the ability to type...,. - keep having to edit - other wise look like I'm typing in the native language from the far away planet of Hopjdawnoosdnfp
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Thursday

It's 12:20p.m. in the caribbean. Just now was able to get on this site.
              Sola

Comment

Thursday

Don't know WHAT is wrong with me, but I just feel like a complete loser this week. No, I'm not drinking (thank God) but I'm not doing much of anything else either....I seem to stuck in some weird apathetic, yet anxious, pit... I have simply not shown up for several events that I was expected to be at, didn't go to my part-time job yesterday (and didn't call in), I don't have any idea why I am sabotaging myself like this...I am sitting here in a complete panic, wondering what I am going to say when people check in to see where I am....I'll have to make up some feeble excuse....

So, here it is: I'm abs about five months and in some ways I'm still acting as if I'm drinking....in order words, I'm still a f**kup, just now I'm a sober f**kup.....

I feel totally desperate, paralyzed, frozen with anxiety...and now I'm in tears....

WHAT is going on with me??? I know no one can really answer but some words of support would be sooo welcome right now...
                susan
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Thursday

Good Morning,
                  I'm glad I didn't try to get on site earlier as i get so frustrated when I want the boards and then can't access them.
                  I.m so happy that I didn't drink last night. The morning is oh so much sweeter when you have to fight your own inner battle and win.I promise to remember that the next time I have urges at night. A good book helps too.
                  Will chack back in later. Hope the site works as we do indeed need each other.
                  Janet

Comment

Thursday

Kathy - I had the same idea about e-mail tree myself, because felt a bit isolated today.

It's a good idea, and i think that if we all trust each other then it;s a good idea, or else, perhaps, we could set up seperate e-mail addresses that are specifically for MWO users, so that other day to day business contacts aren't compromised. - I know that you can have several AOL addresses .

Worth thinking about....

Liz
                    xxxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Thursday

Clevvs, You are just on the dip of the roller coaster, just try and remember what a GREAT acheivement you have made so far... Sometimes, we all need to withdrw into our shells and have 'ME' time and F***k the world.... I know I'm not nearly as far as down the road as you, but I can completely associate the 'not wanting to speak to ANYONE' - I've not phoned in work - even before I drank. Not answered the door or the phone.
                      Just remember that that peak is on it's way again - just ride the rollercoaster honey.
                      It's all very well people saying - try to take up your time doing positive things, but I know - you just can't be arsed ... It's perfectly fine to feel like this... Just reflect on how far you've come, and how many people look to you for support and guidance here and you have so much respect you have form everyone, especially from me Clever Clogs !!!.

And DON'T PANIC - excuse is - You have bee struck down with gastric flu or food poisoning ( you had a prawn curry takeaway last night !!! ) so bad that you couldn't even move from the bed without throwing up , so couldn't phone in... you tried several times, but as soon as you got to the phone, you were VERY ill.... ( i'e throwing up ) . They can't reprimand you for this so - don't worry, you are feeling down and it makes it a million times worse. - worry-wise. It'll be cool.

I want to come and give you a snuggles now and eat choccies with you !!!

Please don't forget that everyone here thinks the World of you.

Wish I could put a big huggy smiley on here now - but my smiley central won't work - so sending it through my mind now......

Have you got it ??

Love you
                      Liz-a Beth
                      xxxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Thursday

Susan, You sound a lot like me, although I am still drinking and trying to moderate. I believe reclusiveness is part of this whole addiction. Are you worried if you go out in the real world you will be tempted to drink? Does that have anything to do with it, or are you just not feeling like being with people? I have no real advice but just wanted you to know I can relate. And you are not a fuck-up. You have accomplished way more than many of us here have trying not to drink. Focus on that to make yourself feel better.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday

I can finally sign in. Ya. I agree with a e-mail tree. gonna go read for a sec. gabby
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday

We're here for you Susan!!!!

Susan,
                            You have been here for so many of us for so long with your wonderful wise words.Your sobriety is so in place right now that perhaps this is just a normal ebb and tide of life. Normal people(by that in this context I mean people without drinking problems) are entitled to their unproductive,down periods (or funks as I like to call them). There is nothing wrong with not being a superwoman for a week or two.
                            Perhaps it is beneficial for us,who look up to you so much, to be able to carry you for a while.
                            Janet

Comment

Thursday

bad day

It's official. Today is the first bad day since I stopped drinking. I have such the urge it's killing me. It is around 7:00 in the evening and I'm feeling crazy. Just don't know what to do with myself. A few of my friends are out together but it's not a good idea to hang with them. I'm starting to feel a little isolated. Does anyone think that it is possible to hang with drunk friends if your not drinking? It's only been 25 days for me. I think I'll go walk my dog.

Hang in there Susan. I've only been around for a couple of weeks but I've enjoyed reading your posts. And my God, you are not even close to being a loser!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X